Thread: No Man's Sky

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The move out of the way?

- - - Updated - - -

Is 60 bucks a lot of money for ya?
    For some people it could be. Especially when you're expecting a $60 product, and get something much worse.

The move out of the way?

- - - Updated - - -

Is 60 bucks a lot of money for ya?
    You need to work on your understanding of...fuck it, I'm just gonna say everything. Work on your understanding of everything.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    For some people it could be. Especially when you're expecting a $60 product, and get something much worse.
    NMS is the kind of game that one can play for years. $60 is a very good investment even if it's "unfinished" upon release. People who expected it to be like COD as in $60 game you play for 5 intense hours and forget - well they might be disappointed. But claiming that people pretend to enjoy the game - because it costs $60 - is kinda infantile.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

NMS is the kind of game that one can play for years. $60 is a very good investment even if it's "unfinished" upon release. People who expected it to be like COD as in $60 game you play for 5 intense hours and forget - well they might be disappointed. But claiming that people pretend to enjoy the game - because it costs $60 - is kinda infantile.
    Hello Games wishes people put even a fraction of the amount of time they do into CoD into NMS.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

well it will take a lot of new thing to really make the game 'ok stuff'
    - quest
    - better visual map, because finding thing on each planet is really chaotic;p
    - quest/objective space battle thing, kill x ship , y type of ship, hunting mission (searching and kill x npc on y planet), big space war, why not ?
    - reputation with faction ?
    - npc with fun thing like fishing, shop to put in your base etc...
    - season event, christmas, halloween etc thing
    - terraforming, being able to destroy whatever you want
    - multiplayer
    - better inventory (there is just too many thing with the small inventory they did)
    -chest vault
    etc..etc... there is so much idea they could put in the game to make it really good, we'll see if they will really listen people, buulding construction being a first step in the good way

yeah it will be a terraria in 3d/minecraft in space clone or anything but it will give a lot more goal than just going to the center of universe without nothing else

give me all that and the game will be fine and fun to play
    Last edited by kaintk; 2016-12-03 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    well it will take a lot of new thing to really make the game 'ok stuff'
    - quest
    - better visual map, because finding thing on each planet is really chaotic;p
    - quest/objective space battle thing, kill x ship , y type of ship, hunting mission (searching and kill x npc on y planet), big space war, why not ?
    - reputation with faction ?
    - npc with fun thing like fishing, shop to put in your base etc...
    - season event, christmas, halloween etc thing
    - terraforming, being able to destroy whatever you want
    - multiplayer
    - better inventory (there is just too many thing with the small inventory they did)
    -chest vault
    etc..etc... there is so much idea they could put in the game to make it really good, we'll see if they will really listen people, buulding construction being a first step in the good way

yeah it will be a terraria in 3d/minecraft in space clone or anything but it will give a lot more goal than just going to the center of universe without nothing else

give me all that and the game will be fine and fun to play
    They could just actually put in what they said they would and it would be a pretty cool game.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

I'm sensing a lot of denial.... like a big lot!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I'm sensing a lot of denial.... like a big lot!
    Denial of what exactly?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I haven't played NMS yet, but... you do know Sunken Cost Fallacy is an actual thing, right? People justify their actions based on how much money they've put toward something all the time.

Anyway, my question: now that they've updated and the price has gone down, is NMS worth picking up, or should I wait a bit more?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    I haven't played NMS yet, but... you do know Sunken Cost Fallacy is an actual thing, right? People justify their actions based on how much money they've put toward something all the time.
    That doesn't apply to NMS though because there is no additional cost to the game beyond the initial one. The problem when discussing the value of a game is that all games are not treated equally. Someone will balk at the $60 price tag for NMS but buy CoD at $60 the moment it comes out. Would I have preferred for the game to be cheaper? Certainly. Is it that big of a deal that it was released at $60? Not really. I personally have almost 60 hours in the game according to steam (will be a little less for times of afk with the game open). It certainly was a good investment for me versus the times I've spent on it.

Then you just get those who think the game is crap at $60 but magically becomes less crap at a different price. Its the same game but it is all about the perception.

As for your question. No one can answer that but yourself. And the price hasn't come down it was just on sale.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you just call people who enjoy the game stupid?

Anywho $60 is not a lot of money for an adult who can afford PC/PS4 system. Not to mention the refunds. If you didn't like the game you could refund it. No investment whatsoever.

And btw that fallacy works both ways as it's not exclusively about money, but also time and effort spent. Some people who spent a lot of time to shit on NMS seem to be unable to move on.

Anywho $60 is not a lot of money for an adult who can afford PC/PS4 system. Not to mention the refunds. If you didn't like the game you could refund it. No investment whatsoever.

And btw that fallacy works both ways as it's not exclusively about money, but also time and effort spent. Some people who spent a lot of time to shit on NMS seem to be unable to move on.
    Wow, lot of overly defensive people in this here thread. No, if you will notice I didn't call anyone stupid. It's a common thing that a lot of people do; they have buyer's remorse but don't want to admit they made a mistake, so convince themselves they're enjoying the product anyway. Or they really are kind of enjoying the product, but when people start bashing it they don't want to feel dumb for going against public opinion, so they push back; I do this a lot myself. It's a kind of confirmation bias, and it's just how our brains work sometimes. Also, I'm not remotely saying that everyone who enjoys NMS is doing this. Why would I? How could I even have an opinion on the matter when I haven't played it? But calling the possibility 'infantile' is just weird and wrong.

And all this 'only you can answer that' and 'you can just return it' stuff? Yeah, not the slightest bit helpful. I'm looking for opinions from people who have played the game, and you guys are acting like reviews aren't a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, lot of overly defensive people in this here thread. No, if you will notice I didn't call anyone stupid. It's a common thing that a lot of people do;
    Only stupid people do it. A lot of people are stupid. I stand not corrected. Question remains unanswered.

Can't believe that there's actually people going "screw the haters, you guys are awesome!!"...

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    I'd rather get herpes than No Man's Sky. If someone gave it to me as a Christmas gift, I'd take it as a personal insult and spend the next year trying to run over their pets.
    Lmao, best post 2016 so far goes to;

10+ Year Old Account

If steams refund policy wasn't so annoying i would have refunded it. i had just over 3 hours played so ineligible for a refund. half of that 3 hours was trying to get the game to run on my PC, apparently crashing on the intro scene counts as play time
    i dont think its worth complaining about too much though, sure id like to have the £40 back, but its not going to ruin my finances if i dont :\
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The better question is why does it matter to you?
    By the same token, why does it matter to you when people criticise the game? You've spent so much time defending it I wonder if you're on Hello Games' payroll

Only stupid people do it. A lot of people are stupid. I stand not corrected. Question remains unanswered.
    Citation needed. Sunk Cost is irrational, but that's not the same as stupid. Also learn to read; I specifically said I wasn't calling anyone stupid (so, question answered). You did. Which is pretty much proving my point. I haven't even come close to criticizing NMS, and you're still incredibly salty and putting words in my mouth. I didn't even say Sunk Cost was specifically in effect here, just that the phenomenon exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Citation needed.
    Look up Sunk Cost Fallacy definition.
    Sunk Cost is irrational, but that's not the same as stupid.
    Sunk Cost is not irrational. It's just a sunk cost. We are not talking about that. We are talking about Sunk Cost Fallacy. Which is also NOT irrational it's just a term. Falling victim of the fallacy that is irrational therefore it is stupid as in irrational is opposite of rational and rational is what stupids lack thus they cannot realize how stupid it is so they carry on.

Also learn to read; I specifically said I wasn't calling anyone stupid (so, question answered).
    You brought Sunk Cost Fallacy into this, so you did. Just because you didn't realize that it's equivalent of calling people stupid doesn't mean you didn't do that. Hence why I asked if you meant it.

You did. Which is pretty much proving my point.
    I didn't. I was just explaining to you how you did it. That hardly can be your point.
    I haven't even come close to criticizing NMS, and you're still incredibly salty and putting words in my mouth. I didn't even say Sunk Cost was specifically in effect here, just that the phenomenon exists.
    Yeah, yeah, please look back while you are backpedaling. You didn't mention Sunk Cost Fallacy for no reason.

Oh, my god. Why are you so desperate to say I think you're stupid?

Look up Sunk Cost Fallacy definition.

Sunk Cost is not irrational. It's just a sunk cost. We are not talking about that. We are talking about Sunk Cost Fallacy. Which is also NOT irrational it's just a term. Falling victim of the fallacy that is irrational therefore it is stupid as in irrational is opposite of rational and rational is what stupids lack thus they cannot realize how stupid it is so they carry on.
    I was, in fact, referring to the fallacy; hence the Capital Letters. Even if your definition of 'stupid' includes 'irrational', at no point did I say that everyone who likes NMS was engaging in the Sunk Cost Fallacy. Hell, I didn't say that anyone who likes NMS was. The only reason I quoted you at all was because you were claiming that SCF somehow couldn't apply to NMS, which is completely bizarre.

And at this point, we're completely derailing the topic and you've proven that you are immensely butthurt at even the mere suggestion that some people - not even you, just anyone - who likes NMS unironically might be fooling themselves out of an irrational desire to justify their purchase, because human beings have to be completely logical and apathetic at all times and psychological quirks only happen to the weak-minded, apparently. So we're done. You can go back to white knighting your game against the mean, mean people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    By the same token, why does it matter to you when people criticise the game? You've spent so much time defending it I wonder if you're on Hello Games' payroll
    It doesn't matter. I haven't criticized anyone for criticizing the game. I have discussed their reasons for why they feel that way and how they are flawed. By the same token I could say you and the others who have done nothing but attack the game are on Microsoft's pay roll. (since NMS was a high profile PS title). That said though not all criticisms are valid.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."