Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Warcraft extended cut is better

Watched the movie tonight in its longer form. Found the story made more sense, especially the Durotan/Orgrim interactions. If you enjoyed the first one at all (I gave it maybe 7/10), you'd probably enjoy the longer version more.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    I give it a 9/10

Honestly i already enjoyed it in the cinemas; I didn't really expect a LotR-style film like many seemed to but more like a Willow or something. Was not disappointed. I just love fantasy movies, I can buy tropes and cheese, it's just when they become excruciating like "In the name of the king" that I just walk away.

Where exactly did you see an extended cut?

I'd still give it a -2/10 no matter what they do.

Wait, I thought this wasn't happening. Where did you find the extended cut?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    and why's that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    and why's that?
    Hater gonna hate

Still haven't seen the movie.
    btw, there's still no DC/EE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Source on extended version?

Deleted
    I actually thought the cinematic version was about 7/10. Not sure I want to see it again with a few added scenes though.

Most of my problems with the movie don't even stem from the movie. They just come from the source material itself. Because I find the Warcraft storyline itself to be... well, bad.
    It's just not a good story at all and I think Duncan already made the best out of it. There are too many characters with too little development, too many deus ex machinas, too much random magic crap that comes out of nowhere and just exists to be random magic crap and a general lack of coherent story across the individual arcs.

Nothing seemed right in the movie - from the costumes, that were perfectly accurate, but just don't work in real life, to the character's actions which just felt absolutely random (especially Medivh).

The movie just showcased how badly written the Warcraft story really is and how it is best left as a game.

source of extended cut? I WANT!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    source of extended cut? I WANT!
    There is no extended cut. Perhaps the OP just watched all the deleted scenes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if it'll change my opinion.

My biggest gripe with the movie was the human actors anyway, just didn't feel right.

The fuq was up with Lothars accent? Why did he have a blackish sister? Why did she have a brittish accent? Why does the king have a brittish accent? How can Garona learn English in just a few days? How can Medivh(if that is indeed the case) have bedded an Orc female? Why did they make Medivh look like Jesus.. the list goes on..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    and why's that?
    Some of the glaring problems.

-Khadgar not being sent to Medivh by the Kirin Tor to serve as an apprentice
    -Orgrim being a Frostwolf instead of the second of the Blackrock clan
    -Ner'zhul and the entire Shadow Council were missing
    -Gul'dan was a freaking idiot
    -Blackhand somehow had some of Orgrim's personality traits
    -Fel energy was called "The Fel"

They outright removed most of the political aspects of the power struggles that were going on in the Orc leadership. I could see someone who doesn't really know anything about the lore enjoying it, but it deviated way too much for me to even be able to enjoy it. And all of this is without even touching on the pacing issues the movie had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    And all of this is without even touching on the pacing issues the movie had.
    This was the main issue for me. I'm not huge into the lore so I didn't have any expectations there, but the pacing and to a greater extent, character development, was pretty awful at times.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Some of the glaring problems.

-Khadgar not being sent to Medivh by the Kirin Tor to serve as an apprentice
    -Orgrim being a Frostwolf instead of the second of the Blackrock clan
    -Ner'zhul and the entire Shadow Council were missing
    -Gul'dan was a freaking idiot
    -Blackhand somehow had some of Orgrim's personality traits
    -Fel energy was called "The Fel"

They outright removed most of the political aspects of the power struggles that were going on in the Orc leadership. I could see someone who doesn't really know anything about the lore enjoying it, but it deviated way too much for me to even be able to enjoy it. And all of this is without even touching on the pacing issues the movie had.
    I love the lore but still liked the movie, I understand they wanted to simplify everything since there is so much going on in the lore. My main problem with the movie was the acting and conversations on the human side. The pacing was off but I didnt really mind since I am familiar with the lore.

I think they shouldve made it a series, only that way they couldve fit in everything and still have good pacing. But ofc the CGI costs way too much to make it a TV series.

Its an ok movie for a wow player tbh. Generally speaking half of the movie is rubbish and has no connection to an actual plot. Overall 7/10 is fair from my point of view, generally this movie did not go down well with the general public.

and you'd be expecting that they could make something closer to Lotr... they just chose a bad storyline and the cast was a bit amaturish as well.

Warcraft movie was pure garbage. I have no idea how people's standards are so low.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Damn you be edge lord as shit man...

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I am so glad you wrote this, because I made a bet with myself that within 5 posts there would be somebody coming in being negative and shitting on it.
    Could that have anything to do with the fact that the movie is bad?