Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Most of what you see on cnn, fox, abc has very little informational value and most of the political news is op ed agenda driven garbage.
    If you mean the pundits yes. If you mean the actual news report, no. There is some bias due to factors like agenda setting but mostly they tell you the news and then give you their bullshit spin.

The alt right guys (and for that matter tyt and secular talk) are not in any sense a news service and they are not trying to be. They are offering pure opinion. They may mention news stories but only to validate their opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post

Wait, i thought the 'Neo-liberal' elite controlled the institutions?
    They do and they also have tremendous influence. That doesnt mean institutions like the media couldnt potentially thwart their ambitin. Just not while they remain captured and the publics trust in them is eroded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Were you trying to maximize buzz words in this post?
    Quell surprise! You missed the point... or rather your inability to understand the statement and dismisal of the point as buzzwords without any challenge is a shock!!! Omg random cynical jaded internet dick how did you do that?! And yes i threw in more buzzwords there as well!
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-12-04 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    If you mean the pundits yes. If you mean the actual news report, no. There is some bias due to factors like agenda setting but mostly they tell you the news and then give you their bullshit spin.

The alt right guys (and for that matter tyt and secular talk) are not in any sense a news service and they are not trying to be. They are offering pure opinion. They may mention news stories but only to validate their opinions.
    cnn tends to put their own biases and opinions into a lot of the news they report also. This was especially true in how they were covering the election(literally almost an anti trump article at the top of their website almost every day for months prior to the election) with endless op eds kissing Hillary's ass or demonizing Trump. They also do a lot of fluff which they pass off as news.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Who is Trumpy talking about? Because that sounds very funny.
    He briefly thought that Obama won the Presidency but lost the popular vote in the 2012, because he's an idiot and doesn't know how the vote counting works. He tweeted a heap about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    That was his meltdown after the 2012 election when he thought Romney had the popular vote but lost in the EC.

The entire lot here.

I've read that third to last tweet like 20 times but only today do I finally realise he meant to type "won".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    You realize that's not the only injustice in the world right? People have bad lives and it doesn't have to be from society.

But on the main point, a couple examples:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_slave_trade
    http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/1807...-arnold-ahlert

I'm not sure where your definition of "white people' lies, and it's important. Because it was once thought that Irish weren't white. But now they are, so they can have some claim to being persecuted on racial grounds. And most of the non-German/English races of Europeans could fall under that umbrella to some extent. After all race is just a social construct.
    Did you just link to frontpage?

Certainly there has been a lot of slavery in the past, and some of those slaves were "white". But I think incidents like the Barbary slave trade fail his definition of "systematic".

I can only assume that Irish thing is from that weird period of insane racial theory in the late 19th/early 20th Century.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Clinton news network CNN says all conservative news is fake, so it is!!!!!

Op, of course.

Modern liberals are only interested in their point of view not discussions.

When logic and reason invalidate their views they turn to suppression to block the correct point of view.

Welcome to the world of the indoctrinated masses
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    Op, of course.

Modern liberals are only interested in their point of view not discussions.

When logic and reason invalidate their views they turn to suppression to block the correct point of view.

Welcome to the world of the indoctrinated masses
    The irony of this post weighs tons.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    After how completely wrong the Mainstream Media was this entire election I expected people to wake the fuck up. But most are still swallowing the shit the Media is shoveling like nothing happened.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    After how completely wrong the Mainstream Media was this entire election I expected people to wake the fuck up. But most are still swallowing the shit the Media is shoveling like nothing happened.
    They weren't wrong about the election. The polling data showed a win for Hilary. Hilary won the popular vote.

Trump actually won the election. But there was no real scientific basis or evidence for suggesting he would, mainly because the polls were simply avoided by very poor, uneducated people who disproportionately voted for Trump. You can't really expect the media to say "the polls show a win for Hilary but we think Trump will win because of arbitrary bias".

In any case what mainstream media are we talking about? Rupert Murdoch? The most powerful man in global media who supported Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Did you just link to frontpage?

Certainly there has been a lot of slavery in the past, and some of those slaves were "white". But I think incidents like the Barbary slave trade fail his definition of "systematic".

I can only assume that Irish thing is from that weird period of insane racial theory in the late 19th/early 20th Century.
    I think his definition includes random people being attacked/harassed in the US. The slaves taken by Barbary slavers were certainly targeted for being white. The Irish are a white group targeted for their ethnicity, so they meet the definition. And the SA stuff is investigated by multiple sources and I'm sure you already know about the persecution of the Boers since you're well-educated.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    ...mainly because the polls were simply avoided by very poor, uneducated people who disproportionately voted for Trump.
    Could you be more specific about what you mean here? People making under $30K/year voted 53-41 for Clinton. People with high school or less education voted only 51-45 in favor of Trump. I can't find data on high school dropouts or a cross section to look at what poor high school dropouts voted for, but the most pro-Trump income bracket was the solidly middle class $50K-99K grouping.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    What's the difference, plausible deniability? When things like this happen, it's plain that this is more than just putting a mild spin on events.
    That, and the fact that the news institutions that pull this type of shit had at least some credibility before they got caught.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    My position is that in 2016 ALL the mass media is just propaganda. If they do not out right lie to you, then they try to manipulate you by presenting just one half of the story.
    So i was surprised when people complained that only conservative outlets give fake stories and I even heard that they should either out right be banned or google should remove these websites out of its algorythm
    Because the obvious answer to cure a fake news epidemic would be to teach people to be more skeptical and think for themselves rather then outright censorship or shadowbaning.

So my question to you is it ok when the mass media that has a progressive bias is doing it?

Why use the death of innocent people to push your agenda, regardless if said agenda is justified or not

http://louderwithcrowder.com/fake-ne...ia-ohio-state/
    So...to point out issues that some people have to right wing news sources, you decide to provide a link to a right wing political commentator on one of his over-the-top rants? /facepalm

Fox News and Breitbart are not fake news sites. Fox News has a heavy right-wing bent, and Breitbart has an extremist, white supremacist bent (aka alt-right for you PC types). Fox News regularly omits important information to push their narrative. Breitbart pretty much always omits important information and, far more than Fox News, intermingles heavily slanted right wing opinions with their "news".

On the liberal side, you have Huffington Post which behaves roughly the same as Fox News in their heavy left-wing bent and also regularly omits important information to push their narrative. However, just like Fox News and Breitbart, it is not a fake news site.

Just because those sites are not fake news sites doesn't mean that you should trust what they publish without skepticism. They are heavily tilted organizations, and you should always consider that they are omitting important information.

Fake news sites include places like 70 News, Before It's News, Empire Herald, RealNewsRightNow, as well as a plethora of other sites. Just because they say something that you like and want to believe is true doesn't make what they report as the truth.

Now, as for the claim that "in 2016 ALL the mass media is just propaganda"...well, that is just plain naive. The truth of the matter, like all of reality, is much more complicated than that. Washington Post and New York Times are actually slightly conservative publications...they just aren't as extremist as Fox News, much less as extreme as Breitbart / Rush Limbaugh / The Blaze / Sean Hannity / Glenn Beck. Moderately liberal news would be from Slate or The New Yorker. Strongly liberal news would be from Mother Jones. CNN and MSNBC are left-learning, but hardly the extremist liberal news that the extremist conservative news would have you believe.

And that is part of the real story here. Too many people are moving so far to the right that they have lost all sense of objectivity and seem to think that the middle position is some liberal conspiracy. The part of the real story is that people think their opinions are just as good as the expert consensus, investigated material, or well-established facts.

Dan Rather put it rather well here - https://www.facebook.com/theDanRathe...16?pnref=story

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    The irony of this post weighs tons.
    Que?

I think you have the right and left mixed up. The right dont protest at any given opportunity just to drown anything they disagree with.

That is the calling card of the degenerate left
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God