Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Another life vanished cause of jerks who believe bullying is enjoyable but are just afraid of their own insecurities so they try to drag others below themselves to make themselves feel better is pitiful. Its Cyber bullying just turn off the computer or log out of facebook not hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    We can support legislation to hold cyberbullies accountable. Just look at the havoc they are wreaking.
    Or maybe grow a thicker skin? Life sucks, you wont be spoon-fed like all the libtards make you think you will. Suicide is a sign of weakness, not being able to deal with problems, choosing the easy way out.

I feel sorry for her family, they have to deal with her loss, she probably didn't think about how much it's gonna hurt them.

all of this because she wasnt witty enough to come up with any comebacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Legally, maybe. But even small children can and should take agency for their actions. That's why parents will sometimes put them in time-outs, or use other forms of reward and punishment. Children recognize that they are the effectors of their actions.
    So should the teens who harassed and defrauded this girl be held accountable for their actions, or is the girl who killed herself the only one who should be held responsible for what she did?

Solution to cyber bullying: the ignore list, turning off computer, not using social media, beating the crap out of your bully in public view.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Solution to cyber bullying: the ignore list, turning off computer, not using social media, beating the crap out of your bully in public view.
    So much this. Cyber-bullying i s laughable, because you can easily avoid your cyber-bullies...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    I could throw a shoe out of my window and hit a more reliable source than noxxic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    But Tennisace I want you to provide a solution. You're our only hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously think this is a Millennial thing. This kind of shit rarely happened when I was growing up. By that I mean the whole "someone was mean to me so I'm going to kill myself."

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    I seriously think this is a Millennial thing. This kind of shit rarely happened when I was growing up. By that I mean the whole "someone was mean to me so I'm going to kill myself."
    But, yet again, this wasn't simply "someone being mean to me". Basic understanding of situations helps you, you know, understand the situation.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Yeah and as a kid who was unpopular at school, my sympathies have historically always been with the shooters. The funny thing about it all is that society can't really tell an indivual it is currently shitting on that they shouldn't react in any way they feel necessary because the individual isnt' really interested in what society has to tell it about anything anyway

So telling kids to get a thicker skin isn't gonna work

That's understandable.

It makes my skin crawl when bullied kids acting out of spite are the ones treated like monsters while people either ignore or diminish the role everyone else had in creating said monster.

A little empathy goes a long way.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2016-12-04 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    The only person responsible for a suicide is the person who takes their own life.
    Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    get thicker skin
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    As sad as this is, ultimately it was the teen's decision and no one else's. I don't agree with trying to regulate "cyber bullying," rather we should be focused on improving our kids' capability of dealing with adversity and criticism. I don't want to give the government even more power to regulate free speech.
    These are the people who are the biggest problem: Those who don't give a fuck. You guys right here are the problem. You can't 'grow thicker skin' against day in day out bullying. You just can't. You probably did it yourselves and are trying to justify it. Bullies should be removed from society and put into internment camps to learn how to treat other people. Bullies are also the people who turn into criminals in a later stage of their lives.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckon View Post
    So much this. Cyber-bullying i s laughable, because you can easily avoid your cyber-bullies...
    Well, when they took her photos and advertised them as a girl wanting sex and also adquiring her phone number to continue the harrassment far surpasses your idea of "cyber-bullying" or normal bullying for that matter.

On this topic, in my country ciber bullying is treated no different from bullying. This case is quite extreme since they went to the lengths of defaminating her image through sex propaganda which completely turns up the graveity of the situation from "cyber bullying" to and outright sexual harrassment, privacy violations and other transgretions that are ILEGAL. Also take into account that this would be trated as an involuntary murder, thus the people involved would be prosecuted with quite a long line of charges.
    All this, ofcourse, if the girl herself came out and started talking about everything that's happening to her parents, go the police and open an investigation. In my country, police can gain access to most private data, so obtaining information on the cellphones used, IP adresses of the accounts involved, etc, wouldn't take too long.
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2016-12-04 at 04:08 PM.

does anyone else wanna give some blame to the parents? like how could you be so unaware in your childs life that it leads up to this. Dont wanna jump to conclusions but a major factor in this could be a result of the parenting

Probably for the best. Anyone who can't move past this sort of thing isn't right mentally. Irl bullying is a big problem because ithe often involves physical harm as well. But if you can't get comfortable enough mentally to ignore shit like this life is going to be very tough. I feel bad feeling the parents.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Probably for the best. Anyone who can't move past this sort of thing isn't right mentally. Irl bullying is a big problem because ithe often involves physical harm as well. But if you can't get comfortable enough mentally to ignore shit like this life is going to be very tough. I feel bad feeling the parents.
    Holding mental anguish to a lower standard than physical anguish is part of the problem in the world today.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    And this is why anecdotes are useless bullshit.

All the data says the suicide rates of teens and young adults have been pretty consistent for decades and are even a bit lower now (though rising) compared to previously. The rates in the 80s/90s were quite high and then dropped off in the late 90s/early 00s and have been slowly rising since (in most age groups), but the rates still aren't as high as the 80s/90s (among teens and young adults).

The only difference is now when kids cry and shoot themselves its a national news story for some stupid ass reason, while back then when kids killed themselves nobody cared.

7+ Year Old Account
    Please everybody who´s saying you can´t just ignore it is just way to investet in the internet and social medias.
    If someone trys to do this to me i wouldn´t even be aware of it because wtf should i use facebook instagramm and all the other shitty things?
    So yeah "just get over it" is the easyiest solution but nowadays the "normal" live is only what´s going on in the net sojust quit social media?

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Please everybody who´s saying you can´t just ignore it is just way to investet in the internet and social medias.
    If someone trys to do this to me i wouldn´t even be aware of it because wtf should i use facebook instagramm and all the other shitty things?
    So yeah "just get over it" is the easyiest solution but nowadays the "normal" live is only what´s going on in the net sojust quit social media?
    deaf people should just listen harder too right?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Bullying doesn't require physical violence, even "irl".

Calling them Cyberbully's absolves them of something or?

Because lets be honest this is a thing because now tech has reached the level where you can bully some one via internet/phone/fbook.

It doesn't matter the bully is a bully.
    Don't shift the thing because it was done via the internet, and some how think that this isn't happening right now in school where kids meet face to face because it is.
    The problem isn't that they used untraceable app the problem is no one stepped up for the kid fuck me not even her family.

It is easy to blame it on untraceable app or the fact that people act like jerks on the web but its hard to admit there was a problem at the core of the whole foundation of how this situation was handled.

I think we are at the point where sharing persona information about some one on the internet should be allowed by the person it self otherwise there should be some hefty fines for people who so lightly use it to abusive purposes maybe even jail if it comes to this and its proven that personal information been leaked has created such huge problem for the teen to commit suicide.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pansy ass kids these days. I got bullied more often as a kid than most did and I never offed myself. Kids these days are weak of mind and spirit, it's no wonder they become triggered fridgekins when they become young adults. Jesus, bullying just made me a stronger and more resilient person, letting shit get to you just makes you weak and shows that you are a baby.