Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    Why not asking for Diablo 2 + Krpg mechanics? like when you die you lose all your equip in place and -20% of your actual XP

much fun
    Sounds horrible, tbh. The exp loss i would accept and even welcome, but i can't see how losing gear is a reasonable punishment for a bad decision or server disconnect. Gear decay, however, is something that needs to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    Sounds horrible, tbh. The exp loss i would accept and even welcome, but i can't see how losing gear is a reasonable punishment for a bad decision or server disconnect. Gear decay, however, is something that needs to come back.
    And yet was(d2) and it is (krpg) widely accepted as "fun" "challengin"

And yet was(d2) and it is (krpg) widely accepted as "fun" "challengin"
    I really have no idea why you think that mechanics, that never appeared in Classic WoW, from games which are not WoW are anything to do with a discussion about Classic WoW

He wrote this

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    Indeed, and i still think leveling is too fast in vanilla. If there was a server with .1x rates and the game was balanced around those rates, i'd be playing there in a heartbeat.
    so i replied, there is no .1x rates too

10+ Year Old Account
    <snip>
    Moderation Note: There will be no discussion of private servers, stress tests or anything else with respect to this topic.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-12-04 at 11:00 PM.

He wrote this

so i replied, there is no .1x rates too
    Ah, he wrote that he would like slower levelling which you decided to counter with a completely unrelated, hyperbolic argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    I assume this is a "free" server?
    How many would play for $15 a month?
    All of them, of course. In fact, some pro-Legacy people have insisted they'd even pay MORE than $15/mo! Because, you know, that makes sense and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    All of them, of course. In fact, some pro-Legacy people have insisted they'd even pay MORE than $15/mo! Because, you know, that makes sense and shit.
    I wouldn't pay more. I'd happily pay my current sub for a Legacy server and maybe a one time unlock fee but that's as far as I'd go.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Ah, he wrote that he would like slower levelling which you decided to counter with a completely unrelated, hyperbolic argument.
    And yet he was intrigued for the XP loss, so I guess you are too stupid to understand this discussion

Since this is a discussion on Legacy-Vanilla and how can be implemented and what you can add or remove, we can actually discuss everything from losing xp and item to lfg xrealm

There is written nowhere that legacy will be 1:1 vanilla
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-12-04 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I wouldn't pay more. I'd happily pay my current sub for a Legacy server and maybe a one time unlock fee but that's as far as I'd go.
    This aspect of the implementation of Legacy can be done in various way : from a separate sub to increasing the actual sub

This aspect of the implementation of Legacy can be done in various way : from a separate sub to increasing the actual sub
    Oh yeah for sure. I was just giving what I'd personally pay as an example.

Yeah ofc, but I'm quite sure it will be just counted in the actual subs

Even if somebody who actually subs 1 month then froze for 1 month until new content, a legacy server maybe will avoid them to froze and therefore 3 months straight instead of 2 over 3 months

$$$

Yeah ofc, but I'm quite sure it will be just counted in the actual subs

Even if somebody who actually subs 1 month then froze for 1 month until new content, a legacy server maybe will avoid them to froze and therefore 3 months straight instead of 2 over 3 months

$$$
    While some people might do this you drastically overestimate the popularity and resulting cash flow because of your personal desire for legacy.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

And yet he was intrigued for the XP loss, so I guess you are too stupid to understand this discussion

Since this is a discussion on Legacy-Vanilla and how can be implemented and what you can add or remove, we can actually discuss everything from losing xp and item to lfg xrealm

There is written nowhere that legacy will be 1:1 nost or vanilla
    Why would anyone want something that was never at any point a part of WoW added to a Classic Wow server?

Why would anyone want something that was never at any point a part of WoW added to a Classic Wow server?
    Write back after the ictus has ended

Write back after the ictus has ended
    Uhm? Okay?

Why did you think that in a thread about recreating Classic WoW people would want mechanics that never appeared in any version of WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    While some people might do this you drastically overestimate the popularity and resulting cash flow because of your personal desire for legacy.
    I'm not really into legacy, I still have played retail and vanilla over those 12 years, because I'm not sure that which pro legacy here want, will be what blizzard will give to us.

But if a Vanilla Legacy can fill those "empty months" and rise the % of players perma subbed, well it will be a huge success for Blizz

- - - Updated - - -

Uhm? Okay?

Why did you think that in a thread about recreating Classic WoW people would want mechanics that never appeared in any version of WoW?
    Because this thread is not about "Classic WoW" even if the title is that, tbh and even the MODS knows, this thread is an endless arguing about Live Vs Nostalrius Reborn vs Legacy, and since we already explained why there will no be such a 1:1 Vanilla Server (beside emulation) by Blizzard

So therefore any kind of LEGACY VANILLA or LEGACY <expac> will be featured with something, we still don't know because nobody knows if legacy will be or not.

Also -deniter- stated that he would like a server with .1x exp rate (NOTHING THAT WAS IN VANILLA SERVER DURR HURR) and I ofc asked if you would like something even more "harsh" , because levelling vanilla even more slower is masochism, like losing gear (Diablo 2 and tbh Blizzard got some Legion idea from Diablo 3 so why not put them in another IP from Blizzard?) or losing XP on death, and he was pretty enthusiastic with the 2nd suggestion.

So i don't see any problem to suggesting those idea to somebody, it seems to enjoy vanilla.

Also -deniter- stated that he would like a server with .1x exp rate (NOTHING THAT WAS IN VANILLA SERVER DURR HURR) and I ofc asked if you would like something even more "harsh" , because levelling vanilla even more slower is masochism, like losing gear (Diablo 2 and tbh Blizzard got some Legion idea from Diablo 3 so why not put them in another IP from Blizzard?) or losing XP on death, and he was pretty enthusiastic with the 2nd suggestion.

So i don't see any problem to suggesting those idea to somebody, it seems to enjoy vanilla.
    I just replied to a post that suggested slow leveling doesn't really bother people who are interested in playing on vanilla servers and that he's right and i wouldn't mind if it was even slower as long as the game was balanced that way. I don't find slower leveling 'harsh' - the fun only lasts longer before you start to repeat content.

There are tons of things i would like to change even in vanilla version of the game, but this thread is not the right place to have that conversation.

Because this thread is not about "Classic WoW" even if the title is that, tbh and even the MODS knows, this thread is an endless arguing about Live Vs Nostalrius Reborn vs Legacy, and since we already explained why there will no be such a 1:1 Vanilla Server (beside emulation) by Blizzard

So therefore any kind of LEGACY VANILLA or LEGACY <expac> will be featured with something, we still don't know because nobody knows if legacy will be or not.

Even if what you said was true, which it isn't, Diablo mechanics have nothing to do with the thread or your made up topic.

Someone posting that they would like slower levelling in no-way implies that systems from other games or genres would be welcome nor is it in-keeping with the topic of the thread. The only reasons I can see for bringing this up is that you either do not understand what the thread is about or you are just looking for an argument.

Last 500 pages are about "Legacy" and we already explained that any Legacy would be implemented with changes, even if those weren't in the original Vanilla, since Legacy will not be the Original Vanilla.

So
    You
    Understand
    Or
    I
    Need
    To
    Make
    Drawings?

Also i was actually discussing with him, not with your, and he even liked one suggestion so i really don't see the reason of your intrusion.

Beside the fact that what i said is true and you are just shitposting since the pro-legacy/vanilla argument are empty and hard countered, you can do something more valuable.