Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You do realise that you're replying to a person that doesn't understand that it doesn't affect sustain dps, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    I personally disagree, I think they disabled them because some of them were a hassle in Timewalking and were exploited in ways they (Blizzard) did not expect, but they 100% know about this snapshotting, and they could have disabled it too, but they didn't.
    They disabled it because people were using them in current raids, noone care about timewalking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    I bet its fixed within the next 2 resets.
    Any reason why you think this? Since it has been known by blizzard since Legion Beta i mean What has changed now? That a random dude who hardly understands how it works makes a thread? :P

Quote Originally Posted by OlorinOrigin View Post
    Sure post this for all to know, then it ll be nerfed . GG
    It should be nerfed, first its cheesing. Second when they fix this problem they'll realize that Demon Hunters aren't in as good of a spot as they think they are and they'll have to revert some of the garbage nerfs that they're doing.

Deleted
    Known by Blizzard? says who? Also, a few people knowing and doing it compared to it spreading like wildfire over the forums is completely different. same reason they nerfed old set bonuses, they were used for a long time until I think that guy in Method posted the warlock one on his guide etc.

Also, I am a DH main and I hope its nerfed. I hate this kinda of gimmicky shit.

Also, people complain about DH dps, they cry for buffs etc, this kind of meter padding isn't helping the case.
    Says the "bug" reports from the beta? :P Snapshotting has almost Always been a thing, do you actually think that people would for some reason "miss" this? Especially considering how obvious it is that it could work.

And you hoping that it gets nerfed is your right of course. Personally i think you just dont like the fact that you need to farm some extra gear and press a few extra buttons. I mean why wouldnt you want to be able to pull bigger pull numbers if you had the oppurtunity?

And of course, over the course of a fight, this isnt gonna make a HUGE difference. Just more for those who care about min/maxing. You obviously arent one of those, which is more than fine. Most people arent. But then you can just ignore the fact that some people do like it and use it, simple as that.

I bet its fixed within the next 2 resets.
    Historically, similar mechanics took them an entire expansion to fix/change so don't give your hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frantixx View Post
    What you wanna do is to equip as much mastery gear as u have. After this, is that on pull what u wanna do exactly is -
    Pre-pot>Chaos Blades>Equip your normal gear>Meta>And then go fucking ham!
    I have 42% increased damage from CB with my Mastery gear.
    Been pulling burst numbers close to 3M in single target encounters with this.

Been searching some for this and i have noticed that this is not a known thing it seems like so im giving all my DH brothers out there this tip while it still works, this is not obviously intended to work since the snapshot system is removed, so why this is working is beyond me.
    They fixed rogues slice and dice but it seems like this is not known to Blizzard atm.
    It might be threads about this already here, but didnt cba to search for it so i just made this thread

So be sure to use it while it works, big fun!
    You are the reason we can't have nice things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oodle View Post
    You most definitely do lose time as in a proper initiation you don't open with chaos blades. You still have to pot > meta > then you start doing damage. That's easily 1-2 seconds. Sure meta slam does some damage and the chaos blades would boost it, but its minor.
    Again, you use a macro at pull, check the top ranking logs, hell check my logs on mythic xavius even. You litteraly lose at BEST a 1 second uptime if you fck up, most likely you don't though. Yes, chaos blade is not on the global cd so you can open it up with meta at the same time. Either make it cast on the player and use fr to close the gap and gain 25 fury (then go into your rotation) or just make meta go at cursor. Is everyone new in the macro department or something? My macro casts chaos blade, switches to dps set, casts arcane torrent while casting meta and using pot of war - all at the same time. This is literally a 1 second loss of the buff (since even if it is cast at player you still can't do anything while transforming in the air itself) . When you actually check other logs you'll see the same thing on pull, they lose 1 second at best. This is basically your opener/prepot macro that you use 1 second before the pull.

Quote Originally Posted by kayusa View Post
    Again, you use a macro at pull, check the top ranking logs, hell check my logs on mythic xavius even. You litteraly lose at BEST a 1 second uptime if you fck up, most likely you don't though. Yes, chaos blade is not on the global cd so you can open it up with meta at the same time. Either make it cast on the player and use fr to close the gap and gain 25 fury (then go into your rotation) or just make meta go at cursor. Is everyone new in the macro department or something? My macro casts chaos blade, switches to dps set, casts arcane torrent while casting meta and using pot of war - all at the same time. This is literally a 1 second loss of the buff (since even if it is cast at player you still can't do anything while transforming in the air itself) . When you actually check other logs you'll see the same thing on pull, they lose 1 second at best. This is basically your opener/prepot macro that you use 1 second before the pull.
    I'll try it out with a macro then. I've gotten some decent mastery gear, at 39% now, but I still have a few pieces without mastery. I don't think we're new to the macro department, I just hadn't bothered making a macro for it lol. It's super try hard to do this whole snapshot thing. When I'm hitting up to 98th percentile on mythic fights in en without doing it, I just figured it wasn't necessary and was guessing it would take longer than I thought to do the whole trick. If It's truly that quick, I'll give it a few shots.
    Last edited by oodle; 2016-12-05 at 01:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    I thought that once combat started, you can't switch your gear?
    U cant, that is why u equip old gear before leaping in to combat

After reading this thread the only thing that came to mind is "am I the only one macroing all this to vengeful retreat?". I use:
    #showtooltip Vengeful retreat
    /use Skardyn's Grace
    /cast vengeful retreat
    /cast chaos blades
    /use potion of the old war
    /equipset MAIN DPS

Then while in the air (after casting said macro) I just meta into combat, thus being in meta and also starting off with momentum. I do this for the purpose of being able to open with FOTI, and throw glaive, while gaining some fury from those 2 globals. Then I fel rush, 2-3 anni, fel rush, 2-3 anni, blur, fel rush, 2-3 anni... ect. With this method you do CLIP momentum or w/e but fel rush only puts you on a .25 second global so if you clip your momentums slighty you can achieve much higher burst during the 12 (11 seconds basically by the time you get into the fight) seconds you have. IE if you have 1 second left on chaos blades and have fel rush up, you can either choose to do 1 anni/chaos strike or a FEL RUSH and an anni/chaos strike. There are also logs online of top tier DH (#1-5 parses in the world) doing this same opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Exdeelol View Post
    After reading this thread the only thing that came to mind is "am I the only one macroing all this to vengeful retreat?". I use:
    #showtooltip Vengeful retreat
    /use Skardyn's Grace
    /cast vengeful retreat
    /cast chaos blades
    /use potion of the old war
    /equipset MAIN DPS

Then while in the air (after casting said macro) I just meta into combat, thus being in meta and also starting off with momentum. I do this for the purpose of being able to open with FOTI, and throw glaive, while gaining some fury from those 2 globals. Then I fel rush, 2-3 anni, fel rush, 2-3 anni, blur, fel rush, 2-3 anni... ect. With this method you do CLIP momentum or w/e but fel rush only puts you on a .25 second global so if you clip your momentums slighty you can achieve much higher burst during the 12 (11 seconds basically by the time you get into the fight) seconds you have. IE if you have 1 second left on chaos blades and have fel rush up, you can either choose to do 1 anni/chaos strike or a FEL RUSH and an anni/chaos strike. There are also logs online of top tier DH (#1-5 parses in the world) doing this same opener.
    i think you should equip your set before the old war cast, im almost sure that it raises the dmg of it

Quote Originally Posted by lucasriosfg View Post
    i think you should equip your set before the old war cast, im almost sure that it raises the dmg of it
    I don't think old war snapshots, it's damage increases during buffs and decreases after the buffs fall off (not 100% about this but im like 90%)

Inb4 we get another baseline nerf based on this "oversight". I have to admit it's fun to use though. Until a fire mage pyro's early and you get to dps in cloth mastery gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhorder View Post
    Inb4 we get another baseline nerf based on this "oversight". I have to admit it's fun to use though. Until a fire mage pyro's early and you get to dps in cloth mastery gear.
    True story. Friggin hunter pulled Guarm at 2.
    Friggin hunters.

It's gone in 7.1.5. Use it while you can ))

hey, lets go and fuc kyou, and yo whole family, bitch. don't even dare adressing ur shit to me, we aint at the same level.

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Stacie; 2016-12-07 at 10:47 AM. Reason: INFRACTION

Well that escalated quickly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    It's gone in 7.1.5. Use it while you can ))
    Source ? Or do you only expect it to be fixed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shishar View Post
    Source ? Or do you only expect it to be fixed ?
    PTR. No longer works there.