Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Do you people think before typing things like this? the ENTIRE point of the Strider was the water walking. That's why people got it. If it 'makes zero sense' then Blizzard shouldn't have created it... but they did. And again... who fucking CARES? Get it if you want. Use it if you want. Or don't (I don't have it because I don't care that much about water obstacles.
    Yeah I think before I "type stuff like that", do you type before you "type stuff like this"? From a design perspective it makes zero sense to have 200+ mounts that all serve the exact same purpose and do the exact same thing, and then have another mount which serves the same purpose and is just as useful, plus an additional use. It's why they temporarily restricted them to their respective MoP/WoD zones, but reversed the decision after outrage from some people who felt like they should be able to use the mount they "worked so hard for".

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    This is just another variation on "I can't mind my own business and have to worry about what others have and how they should play the game." Grow up.
    If that's what you think then you have completely missed the point of this whole discussion. I'll give you one more chance to reply sensibly, using logic this time please.

I just wish i had the Glyph that let my ghost wolf gain water walking back. Now I have to press TWO buttons to water walk...sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    fun was detected and removed.
    Just like all the fun lock things

People don't use striders all the time just because they can walk on water... they lose that ability when you get hit by a mob, and that happens often enough in the world that you'd have to remount anyway by the time you reach water.

If anything, they should stop being stingy and add in all the other strider recolors, so it doesn't look like everyone uses the exact same 2 mounts. It's good diversity for your alts as well, I personally can't wait for at least the jade and orange striders.

Another idea would be to let all the mounts without a ground animation (like phoenixes, dragonhawks, etc) "walk" on water too, because they're technically hovering above ground anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Just like all the fun lock things
    i always hated demo when it hate meta so whatever. affliction was annoying to me. so the pyro in me picked destruction.
    but i see your point.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Poor Aragorn

Who? 10 character thingy...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Who? 10 character thingy...
    Only the game director for World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    I agree with Watcher.

Striders are boring.
    They shouldn't be the only option for water walking mounts.

What's even there to discuss?
    BLIZZARD made them the only option. And why the fuck do you CARE? Seriously, some of you will defend anything Blizzard people say no matter how stupid it is. Here's some facts:

1) Blizzard created this mount with no restrictions
    2) people did what they needed to in order to get it
    3) Blizzard created a continent with a lot of annoying water.
    4) Some people use the mount that's not slowed by water.

Who cares? I don't have the mount, have no intention of getting it and don't care since it doesn't affect me in any meaningful way. Defending Watcher on this is arguing that people who worked for a reward should have that reward nerfed for no good reason other than 1) to make it less convenient for them to travel and 2) because Blizzard didn't initially set any limits on this.

Move on. Let other people use what they want to travel and worry about your own play experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have removed the functionality.

It has nothing to do with "removing fun", so stop regurgitating that crap. It's a problem and it's simply not good design to have certain dependency on old and irrelevant content. There are ways to remove the dependency, and stopping the striders from working is the best one. That, or keep implementing a faction that rewards a new strider every expansion, which is also a stupid design decision, because you still have this superior ground mount existing. And don't even mention giving a buff that makes all mounts able to work on water, that's just retarded.

Remove the functionality now, and point the whiny bitches towards the Legendary fishing pole and underwater mounts you already get in Legion, even if they are not as awesome as the striders.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Phoenix View Post
    I have the strider and am already not using it. I use the artifact fishing rod if I ever end up in the water.

It's not about making people "suffer" but rather being consistent with mounts. It makes zero sense to have 200+ ground mounts being equally good at running, jumping etc but have one mount which happens to be just as fast and good at jumping, but also able to run on water.

In the past they made a turtle mount which is faster at swimming in the water but slower on land, that makes sense because while it has a benefit no other mount has it also has a draw-back to compensate. The same should apply for the strider.

They also made the sea-horse which is a lot faster in the water, but can't be used in land at all. Same thing there.
    Though by that argument shouldn't the mammoth and yak be slower because of them having vendors.
    Also the same for any multi-passenger mount.

If we go by the removing functionality argument, then why not remove the vendors from the Yak and Mammoth, and the extra seats from them too when used in content not of the expansion in which they were released.

I agree with the argument watcher has, but there is the problem of setting a precedent there.
    At what point do we stop adjusting "enhanced" mounts.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-12-04 at 06:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

so santti hates fun and likes blizzard policy of annoy the players.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

They should have made water walking the reward for the first part of the flying achievement.
    The speed buff is a joke, and people wouldn't be forced to use the ugly strider.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Though by that argument shouldn't the mammoth and yak be slower because of them having vendors.
    Also the same for any multi-passenger mount.

If we go by the removing functionality argument, then why not remove the vendors from the Yak and Mammoth, and the extra seats from them too when used in content not of the expansion in which they were released.

I agree with the argument watcher has, but there is the problem of setting a precedent there.
    While I do agree with the vendor mounts, I don't see them being as bad, due them not being locked behind a reputation in old content, excluding the Wotlk one. They also serve to help others (I see it happen sometimes, someone asking for a vendor mount), while striders are purely for personal use. So I give some slack for that, as it's pretty neat thing to see this little bit of group play happen.
    Last edited by Santti; 2016-12-04 at 07:06 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Watcher is bitching about something.... business as usual

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    i always hated demo when it hate meta so whatever. affliction was annoying to me. so the pyro in me picked destruction.
    but i see your point.
    I only play destro too, so I'm talking about things like Backlash, baseline circle, ember and shard visuals etc xD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Only multi-passengers mounts are better in PvP. I cannot say how many times it saved other people lives.
    yeah they are good too, but the thing is there is so many choices that it makes it good, and this is in pvp they are good, where the water strider is good any and everywhere, simply because it is a 100% upgrade
    Megikneer chopper
    most of the RaF mounts
    grand black, and grand white, and grand travvelers mamoth
    the exp yak
    sandstone drake

then we have the water strider who can walk on water

and the iron golem who can herb well mounted

now the iron golem, yes that is used alot but you can buy some pretty cheap items that allow you to do that anyways, so most people will usuaully buy one of these items then go on a herbing spree

(for my minings i get stonehide bardings, leystone plays, and demonsteel stirrups, then mine non stop for 2 hours)

and the issue is the multi person mounts are good in pvp yes, but how much majority of the time are people in bgs?
    well the water strider is used any and everywhere as there is water somewhere

but god im cold i need to go close the windows and turns on the heat its fucking -5 in here holy shit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    While I do agree with the vendor mounts, I don't see them being as bad, due them not being locked behind a reputation in old content, excluding the Wotlk one. They also serve to help others (I see it happen sometimes, someone asking for a vendor mount), while striders are purely for personal use. So I give some slack for that, as it's pretty neat thing to see this little bit of group play happen.
    also the thing is you need to vendor much much less then to walk on water, so most people when they need to vendor will pop onto it, then pop back onto their normal mount, where the strider you cross water so often its better just to stay on it
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I'm not surprised. He has always struck me as the type of guy who hates an idea just because he wasn't the one to come up with it in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    vendor mounts are less of a problem because they are not used as mounts. They are "outdoor jeeves without a cooldown". Basically nobody uses them to actually run around. You could remove the actual mount and just summon the vendors and most players wouldn't even care.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Blizzard has always had kind of a weird outlook on anything that is useful across expansions. It just always seems like they want EVERYTHING reset once a new expansion hits.

Something that doesn't get completely outmoded and replaced when a new expansion hits probably makes them crazy.
    It's because Watcher thinks everyone should only play the game how he wants to play. It's a pretty serious flaw in someone operating at his level.