7.1.5 arcane changes are not a buff yet

I been testing Arcane on ptr and the changes will give arcane the ability to actually deal with mechanics without falling below the tanks damage but over all will be lower that pre-7.1.5 damage from testing so far. Quickening was to strong and the changes are not compensating for that. I bet it will go live like this and arcane will still be bad. They are awful about testing things before they go live. How many times has arcane had changes that didn't help it now? I know I am complaining but I am so tired of it and I have already rerolled to another class. If you are going to make an expansion that forces people to play one spec without penalty at least do a good job at balancing them.

Deleted
    Mages gets so much love from blizzard. I mained mage all the way from vanilla until cata, and had it like my second "main" up untill the end of WOD.
    Mages have always been strong and they will continue to be. It is the class that have always been topping the meters - except for very short periods where warlocks got stronger.
    Trust me - mages will stay on top as they always have been. They will get fixed soon.

Quickening was a totally fail gameplay so the changes are a huge buff to gameplay. Doing opposite of what they are doing with fire, wich is the reason I am going arcane in 7.1.5. Dont care if the dps is not the best if its just fun and somewhat competetive.

Was 30(fire) 11(arcane) 0(frost) when ptr came. Now I'm 30-30-28. Seeing the latest build, thank god for that decision!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2016-12-03 at 02:42 PM.

Agreed. The changes to arcane gameplay will have me switch most likely. Sitting at 30-30 atm for both.

I tried arcane on some normal en bosses, quickening is just terrible as a mechanic, reminded me of the ultra-tight subtlety rogue rotation in cata with no room for error, a little delay and you're fu**d, glad it will go
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
    I been testing Arcane on ptr and the changes will give arcane the ability to actually deal with mechanics without falling below the tanks damage but over all will be lower that pre-7.1.5 damage from testing so far. Quickening was to strong and the changes are not compensating for that. I bet it will go live like this and arcane will still be bad. They are awful about testing things before they go live. How many times has arcane had changes that didn't help it now? I know I am complaining but I am so tired of it and I have already rerolled to another class. If you are going to make an expansion that forces people to play one spec without penalty at least do a good job at balancing them.
    It's worth to note that pretty much every classes right now are producing lower number because of the secondary stats scaling nerf.

If you found out that Arcane is mechanically sound and able to keep up with encounters mechanics, then it's a fantastic news.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    It's worth to note that pretty much every classes right now are producing lower number because of the secondary stats scaling nerf.

If you found out that Arcane is mechanically sound and able to keep up with encounters mechanics, then it's a fantastic news.
    i doubt that classes are pulling 100k less dps as some ppl are reporting but from a gameplay pov, removing quickening is a step in the right direction, it was one of those talents like s2m that made or broke the spec if you could maintain the stacks but it was also a talent that was destrimental for the spec as a whole coz i think a lot of ppl played the other 2 specs bcoz quickening was aids to play properly, id definately prefer arcane without that talent and then hopefully after some proper tunning we'll end up seeing the same intention with arcane as they have with fire: less bursty but much better sustained dps atleast i think a lot of ppl will play arcane once quickening is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    i doubt that classes are pulling 100k less dps as some ppl are reporting but from a gameplay pov, removing quickening is a step in the right direction, it was one of those talents like s2m that made or broke the spec if you could maintain the stacks but it was also a talent that was destrimental for the spec as a whole coz i think a lot of ppl played the other 2 specs bcoz quickening was aids to play properly, id definately prefer arcane without that talent and then hopefully after some proper tunning we'll end up seeing the same intention with arcane as they have with fire: less bursty but much better sustained dps atleast i think a lot of ppl will play arcane once quickening is gone.
    Ofc classes that received mechanical changes and were balanced differently lost much more then the "simple" loss of secondary stats.

Anyway, yeah quickening gone makes me much more interested in Arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
    Sky is not falling, every spec is pulling lower numbers because of secondary ratings nerf. Also Arcane have seen the removal of the talent that defined spec dps so devs will tune numbers more then specs that has seen less changes

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Mages gets so much love from blizzard. I mained mage all the way from vanilla until cata, and had it like my second "main" up untill the end of WOD.
    Mages have always been strong and they will continue to be. It is the class that have always been topping the meters - except for very short periods where warlocks got stronger.
    Trust me - mages will stay on top as they always have been. They will get fixed soon.
    Except that we aren't on top, were mid, with these changes pushing us towards the bottom.

Deleted
    Arcane was awesome until the last PTR changes. Now it's just *meh*. I'll probably still go arcane though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Quickening was a totally fail gameplay so the changes are a huge buff to gameplay. Doing opposite of what they are doing with fire, wich is the reason I am going arcane in 7.1.5. Dont care if the dps is not the best if its just fun and somewhat competetive.

Was 30(fire) 11(arcane) 0(frost) when ptr came. Now I'm 30-30-28. Seeing the latest build, thank god for that decision!
    I am 30 (fire), 28(frost), 11(arcane). How long did it take you to go to 30/30/28 from 30/11/0 ?
    I am trying to see if I can make 35/35/35 before Nighthold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

2 weeks aprox. Not really farmed it tho if you farm, a week tops.

Deleted
    I am 35/35/24 lowest beiing frost. I am still unsure whether I want to level up frost all the way to 35. I have ok leggos for both arcane and fire, but unsure whether I should switch loot spec to frost as well. I just like arcane theme so much. Will probably stick with arcane loot spec until next leggo, or possibly another big change on ptr.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are, if you were testing prior to the secondary stat buff, that is why lol.