Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Watcher hates fun it is known

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I think flying mounts that have no standing animation (Phoenixes, Cloud Serpents, Nether Rays, etc...) being able to waterwalk would be a better solution.
    Isn't that nothing but replacing one strider with another one? Watcher and his brown nosers go mad because they can't manage a simple remounting. And while I completely understand why Watcher is mad - because the more time he steals from us by forcing us to do non-content stuff like travelling, the more money blizzard gets from subs; but I fail to understand his brown nosers... oh well, dem white knights of blizzard who never does wrong.

This whole rubble over a non-issue is disgusting, tbh. Just as much as a flying non-issue never was an issue for anyone other than blizzard being stripped of a major timesink when flying is enabled. If it was my decision as a gamer, I'd have a portal from everywhere to anywhere and fuck the travelling. Efficiency > everything, and those who want to roleplay can just use appropriate tools, instead of bruteforcing all of us to misery and pain.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I just swap in my Artifact Fishing Pole and ride whatever mount I want under the water without the normal negative speed effects and if you have an under water mount it makes them even faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    He bitches about them every time they're mentioned. And sometimes out of thin air. He continues to think that the only thing people ride in Azeroth is a strider.
    I mean it's kinda true. All I see on stormrage usually are the striders. I got tired of it myself so I use the spectral steed and only use the strider right before water. I see tons and tons of people using it so I understand his concern.

I'd rather every class just get a form of water walking or something rather than every mount though. Could easily make something up for each class like "walking on the light" that would empower your feet allowing you to stand on water for Paladins, meditating/floating above water for monks, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Isn't that nothing but replacing one strider with another one? Watcher and his brown nosers go mad because they can't manage a simple remounting. And while I completely understand why Watcher is mad - because the more time he steals from us by forcing us to do non-content stuff like travelling, the more money blizzard gets from subs; but I fail to understand his brown nosers... oh well, dem white knights of blizzard who never does wrong.

This whole rubble over a non-issue is disgusting, tbh. Just as much as a flying non-issue never was an issue for anyone other than blizzard being stripped of a major timesink when flying is enabled. If it was my decision as a gamer, I'd have a portal from everywhere to anywhere and fuck the travelling. Efficiency > everything, and those who want to roleplay can just use appropriate tools, instead of bruteforcing all of us to misery and pain.
    The interesting thing about that statement is that other MMOs do exactly that. GW2 in particular allows teleporting directly to the content location you want to play. They charge a little bit of gold to do it based on how far the jump is from where your character currently is. And that game survives just fine.

The only reason we're even having these issues is exactly what you said: The more time players have to spend in the game, the more money Blizzard makes. There's no arguing against that as long as WoW is still a subscription game. It's the only explanation for timed lockouts on content as well. Literally, when you look at the game from an objective position and add up all the things that are only there to add timers to the game, it all adds up.

All these excuses we constantly hear about Blizzard's vision, or technical difficulties of creating WoW with other forms of movement besides the slowest methods, are garbage. They're spin. In some cases they're outright lies.

/Queue White-Knight sound track and enter the apologists.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Why? You're the one who can't see the forest for the trees. I'm not the one burying his head in the sand and wishing everything away because I think I'm the smartest, most intelligent, most gifted person in the world! <twirls around and frolicks like Mormolyce in his fantasy world>
    What am I wishing away? I'm comfortable with the reality that flying licenses will likely be parcelled out in patches for all future expansions. I'm certainly not trying to squeeze it into unrelated threads because of a massive chip on my shoulder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Pathfinder lv1 really should have been:

Allows Water Walking with all mounts in the Broken Isles.

And nerfed the Striders.

Deleted
    He's bitching because their popularity proves just how fucktarded wing clip is.

I'd like to see a new mount called a Raft. Raft can be mountable if you're already mounted. All it does is put a wooden raft below your mount and allow you to travel across water. Put in an annoyingly long quest chain or rep grind. That would give us the ability to cross water while allowing us to choose the mount we want.

Unless underwater mounts become usable for crossing water, and in which case they would be the go-to when crossing water.. or making flying enabled which also creates that problem.
    There is no way to fix it without taking something away or giving something to all mounts, I like the idea of water walking for all mounts but its not really supported in lore, If blizzard wanted us to not use them they'd stop putting stuff on out of the way little islands we have to swim to otherwise.

And my gnome would like to stop being able to drown in a puddle, plus random mount thinks i need to mount my underwater mount whenever i am in a puddle on any character.. that is lame.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Give us flying early and people wont be using the strider. But watcher just hates people skipping content

Who cares what he hates. I only use the thing when I'm leveling. After that I pick whatever mount I want. If you are spending so much time in the water that it's all your using odds are your doing it wrong. Hard to justify me looking at the ugly thing for that 2 or 3 times a week I dip into the sea and wish I was on it instead. I would be far more efficient to focus on fewer AFKs if that's what really mattered besides jumping across a river on a mount and slow swimming on it for 2 seconds before pushing up on land.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Give us flying early and people wont be using the strider. But watcher just hates people skipping content
    No, people are not skipping content. People are trying to skip the gaps between content.

Deleted
    To be honest, i don't see so many water striders around, and myself use it only when i know that from point A to B there will be a river.
    I really don't understand why the hate (both from Devs and from players).

Deleted
    Strider is my default mount. Why? Because it's just freaking convenient... Why would I want to switch mounts before water when I can just walk onto it with the default? Only annoying thing is the "leaky" strider that can't walk on water if I was hit 10 minutes before

But: That's me. I'm not playing the game for its looks or to have my toon look nice/cool whatever. I play it for the content (raiding, dungeons, quests, etc.). If others are playing it for the looks, then I let them do that without interfering. Why can't they let me play my game in peace and want to nerf my strider?

Edit: Just as another example: The total gold I have spent on transmogs is around 20g to try it out when it first came out

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What am I wishing away?
    Everything. Because, you know, you make absolutely zero sense otherwise.

I'm comfortable with the reality that flying licenses will likely be parcelled out in patches for all future expansions. I'm certainly not trying to squeeze it into unrelated threads because of a massive chip on my shoulder.
    It is related. It is completely related, as pointed out in previous posts. Just because you have some ridiculous chip on your shoulder about flying doesn't mean it's unrelated. You're the one with a stick up their ass, not everyone else.

If flying mounts weren't stripped away each expansion, people wouldn't have to use a water strider to get over water obstacles, and thus set it as their main mount. Period. End of discussion. No matter how much you want to stomp, whine, and cry about it beign unrelated to flying. It's COMPLETELY related to flying. 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The interesting thing about that statement is that other MMOs do exactly that. GW2 in particular allows teleporting directly to the content location you want to play. They charge a little bit of gold to do it based on how far the jump is from where your character currently is. And that game survives just fine.

The only reason we're even having these issues is exactly what you said: The more time players have to spend in the game, the more money Blizzard makes.
    I spend more time in MMOs with teleportation (like GW2, ESO, etc.) because I'm actually playing, not traveling. I'd say easily the bulk of my 'play' time in WoW is spent pacified on flight paths or riding through stagnant land masses which, unlike the aforementioned MMOs, have no dynamic events to make it worthwhile. I would probably play WoW more if travel wasn't so purposeless and boring. It's the main reason I only do emissary caches because I burn out too quickly just trying to get to the content I want to play. The sad thing is, even their "improved" flight paths are still abysmal in comparison to teleportation systems and it only gets worse with each new expansion adding to the size of the world.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I spend more time in MMOs with teleportation (like GW2, ESO, etc.) because I'm actually playing, not traveling. I'd say easily the bulk of my 'play' time in WoW is spent pacified on flight paths or riding through stagnant land masses which, unlike the aforementioned MMOs, have no dynamic events to make it worthwhile. I would probably play WoW more if travel wasn't so purposeless and boring. It's the main reason I only do emissary caches because I burn out too quickly just trying to get to the content I want to play. The sad thing is, even their "improved" flight paths are still abysmal in comparison to teleportation systems and it only gets worse with each new expansion adding to the size of the world.
    This is one of the points that was argued back and forth in the No-Flying thread. I hesitate to bring it here, because I don't want this to turn into another flying argument, but here we go....

Using travel time as part of the game's "content" only really works if traveling is itself interesting. Either by making traveling through areas relevant somehow, or making the mechanics of traveling engaging. This is why flight paths fail as a method of traveling, because it accomplishes neither. While on a flight path you can't really do ANYTHING. You can't interact with the environment, and the mechanic of flight paths themselves are boring(effectively an extended loading screen!).

Interestingly enough, this is also the reason why flying mounts are also a poor option. The mechics of flying mounts are so powerful that they're not particularly interesting. And because of WoW's ground-centric content design, the environment you have to interact with while on a flying mount is consequently also very weak.

Blizzard has this strange schizophrenic approach to trying to solve this. On the one hand they've tried to force players into the terrain by attempting to take away movement options such as flying and the strider. But then they do things like create an entire class which has gliding built in, or give toys(which anyone can obtain) that mimic flying, or take the player out of the terrain entirely(hearthstones, flightmaster whistle, summons, etc).

They've also tried to make the open world more relevant with world quests and level scaling, but they were too afraid to take it far enough to make it really work. The open world only scales up to level cap, then stops. It doesn't continue to be scale with iLVL, which completely misses the point of scaling it up in the first place: To keep the open world relevant.

All in all it seems that people like Watcher just don't fully comprehend the problem. It seems like they just want to make the same old game over and over without changing the formula. And while Legion is a better game than WoW has ever been, in many ways it's still just making the same mistakes, or in some cases, making things worse!

So what should they be doing instead? It's a tough question. My personal opinion is that they should be letting people get to the content they want to play more quickly. Adopt GW2's teleport system for gold. Barring that, make the open world MUCH more interesting and dangerous. Let people fly, but introduce credible threats to flying players around content objectives. Improve the mechanics of flying mounts, or ALL mounts for that matter. You could also address the issue by making something like AP work like experience so there would be a reason to actually stop and kill things in between you and your objectives. Give people a reason to care about what's between point A and point B.

All I know is that continuing to try and make travel more and more inconvenient isn't going to work.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-12-05 at 10:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes i wonder if they actuallh play this game. I do not see the waterstrider mount all that much. Theirs a variety of mountw people use and shockinglg enough they wont always use the water strider even if it is a tiny bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    There was a glyph that allowed the warlock mounts to walk on water. It was removed in Legion.
    That's nice. The OP used the term "class fantasy" in the usual passive aggressive way implying this was always a thing. It was not. As always it is the usual shitposters posting the usual tired shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    fun was detected and removed.
    Seriously why do you people who spam this idiotic meme keep handing money over to Blizzard?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    No idea why they don't simply add a slot to every mount that we can fill with a single buff of our choice. Like glyphs or order hall champions but for mounts.

For example I could make my Kor'kron war wolf 20% faster or give it the ability to glide like a goblin glider or walk on water or make it undazable. And then have one of the buffs I didn't use on my wolf on my fiery warhorse instead.

Then people would use different mounts for different reasons.
    This is actually a good idea but will be lost in the usual moaning and whining and bitching and sea of tears.