Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Well, i learned english. Was that also "retarded"?
    Because you are in an English speaking forum, and it is also the most widely used language in the world, you can pretty much do OK in any country if you can speak English.

German? Not so much, it is actually pretty useless.

I don't visit a German-speaking forum for very good reason.

Deleted
    And here we are. Pure xenophobia and stereotypes as an answer to a study from a well known newspaper.
    Pure xhenophobia?

Among Syrians arriving between 09-13, Only 10% that has an post secondary education off three years or more.
    10% are 'well educated'.
    The average Syrian has 6-6.5 years of education - They are badly educated and you are being lied too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Because you are in an English speaking forum, and it is also the most widely used language in the world, you can pretty much do OK in any country if you can speak English.
    Is that arrogance or dont you just know that spanish and chinese are spoken by way more people than english?

7+ Year Old Account
    Is that arrogance or dont you just know that spanish and chinese are spoken by way more people than english?
    ... The guts to say this after asking if people speak mandarin chinese where I live. Fucking laughable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    The average Syrian has 6-6.5 years of education - They are badly educated and you are being lied too.
    You talk about the syrian refugees in sweden only. I talked about the refugees in germany, and linked a statistic from "die zeit", a german newspaper, which actually shows that refugees are way better educated than predicted.

You are comparing apples with oranges.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    ... The guts to say this after asking if people speak mandarin chinese where I live. Fucking laughable.
    I said it is logical for the region you live in. Did you read my full post?

10+ Year Old Account
    Widely spoken, not most spoken by people.

Chinese technically is the most spoken language in the world, but it doesn't help their case by majority of it all stuck in China. You cannot get around the world easily in Chinese as you are in English, English is BY FAR, the most accessible language in the world. By the way, I DO know Chinese.

Spanish I also agreed, it is probably the most useful European language to learn other than English, but again, if you are travelling around the world, knowing only Spanish or knowing only English, knowing English would get around a lot easier.

Right, but 10-15% of all refugees arent criminals.

Oh, dont forget to translate this headline:

http://www.zeit.de/gesellschaft/zeit...n-asylbewerber
    Germany got 1.5-2 million refugees and within 3 month they did near 70000 crimes, thats around 280000 crimes over the year if the numbers dont increase right ?
    So around 14% are criminal IF the numbers are right and the german crime rate was 2% the last 2 years so the native german crime rate increased by 700% in 2016 or else this "news" are bullshit.

7+ Year Old Account
    I said it is logical for the region you live in. Did you read my full post?
    Yes, I read your full post where you said...

"But you live in a part of a world where mandarin chinese is spoken?

Yeah, sounds logical.

But hey, we are in a "post factual world", arent we? Where logic is not as interesting as hating muslims."

Why question if it's spoken here?

Deleted
    We need immigrants to strengthen our aging community. So its a win-win situation if we take immigrants.
    No we don't, we just need a reform of our retirement and pension system. If we would continuously need immigrants, we must also change our foreign policy. It would then need to ensure that misery and wars continue raging in the third world so that a continuous flux of refugees is ensured.

Deleted
    Spanish I also agreed, it is probably the most useful European language to learn other than English, but again, if you are travelling around the world, knowing only Spanish or knowing only English, knowing English would get around a lot easier.
    Try to speak english in russia outside of Moscow. Try to speak english in a small town in china. Try to speak english in south Brazil.

You dont know what you actually talk about. You are just arrogant and think the whole world speaks english while i wonder if you ever left your country.

Even in east germany many people dont speak english.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-12-04 at 10:23 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Widely spoken, not most spoken by people.

Chinese technically is the most spoken language in the world, but it doesn't help their case by majority of it all stuck in China. You cannot get around the world easily in Chinese as you are in English, English is BY FAR, the most accessible language in the world. By the way, I DO know Chinese.

Well, it works fine around here but outside of this part of the world it's pretty useless if you want to use it to get around.

Deleted
    Why question if it's spoken here?
    I asked a rhetorical question and answered it with "Yes, its logical then".. You are a little bit too defensive, arent you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Try to speak english in russia outside of Moscow. Try to speak english in a small town in china. Try to speak english in south Brazil.

You dont know what you actually talk about. You are just arrogant and think the whole world speaks english while i wonder if you ever left your country.
    OK now, let's do a list shall we?

List a number of place you cannot get around in English, Spanish and Chinese.

And let's see which language get the biggest list?

Of course English won't access you to the whole world, but neither would ANY language, but English is by far more accessible than Spanish and Chinese.

It is not me being arrogant, it is you being silly.

7+ Year Old Account
    I asked a rhetorical question and answered it with "Yes, its logical then".. You are a little bit too defensive, arent you?
    That's post is not a rhetorical question. You need to work on making a difference between sarcasm and rhetorical questions because that sure as fuck didn't read as a rhetorical question with what you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
    No we don't, we just need a reform of our retirement and pension system. If we would continuously need immigrants, we must also change our foreign policy. It would then need to ensure that misery and wars continue raging in the third world so that a continuous flux of refugees is ensured.
    All the possible reforms involve increasing the retirement age retroactively and cutting benefits, any political party that does this will be committing suicide since the aging population tends to be more politically active. Also those solutions have their own problems people aren't exactly fighting each other for workers over the age of 60.

The second part does not require war or famine immigration was happening all over the world before the Syrian war and it will continue to do so especially for people with valuable skill sets. The stance of no immigration period is a one way street to economic disaster.

Deleted
    That's post is not a rhetorical question. You need to work on making a difference between sarcasm and rhetorical questions because that sure as fuck didn't read as a rhetorical question with what you posted.
    There we are with our language barrier then. You, natively speaking english, i natively speaking german and bayrisch. Life is no pony farm.

And here we are. Pure xenophobia and stereotypes as an answer to a study from a well known newspaper.
    you think taz is a reputable source so forgive me when i question your authority in that matter. no the refugees ariving in germany are not well educated. the well educated may have left the country, sure. but they tend not to be drawn as strongly to countries with exuberant wellfare systems as the low educated. this is documented. there is a difference in what people claim to be and what they actually are, ESPECIALLY when it comes to their education. this is why instead of taking their word at face value they actually conducted some tests. turns out 2/3's are below pisa 1. in their own language no less.
    i dont think faz is a bad newspaper. usually they do a good job, especially when it comes to bigger articles . but in quite a few cases such as in this one they did.
    http://www.faz.net/aktuell/wirtschaf...-14528912.html

no reason to hate on them, but we've got to acknowledge when they failed to understand the difference between self reported skills and education and actually verified levels of education. that isnt the only issue i take with the contents of the article but lets focus on that for the moment.

instead you can have a look at this video, hans werner sinn from ifo actually knows what he is talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW8_OPr9JLU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    you think taz is a reputable source so forgive me when i question your authority in that matter.
    Yes, yes, all "Lügenpresse", right?

Breitbart and Sputnik are the only sources you would accept?

You talk about the syrian refugees in sweden only. I talked about the refugees in germany, and linked a statistic from "die zeit", a german newspaper, which actually shows that refugees are way better educated than predicted.
    But according to your source the syrian asylum seeker are still far less educated than Germans; even assuming that the years of schooling are actually comparable - and that the education will be useful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    But according to your source the syrian asylum seeker are still far less educated than Germans; even assuming that the years of schooling are actually comparable - and that the education will be useful.
    No, the source doesnt say that. Where do you get that from?