Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    The video is a presentation given by a well known economist from IFO.
    .. who is mainly serving quotes for Tichy and other right wing apologotes, and who is also mainly hired by conservatives and "alt right" politicials for speeches..

Let's go back in the thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Because you are in an English speaking forum, and it is also the most widely used language in the world, you can pretty much do OK in any country if you can speak English.

German? Not so much, it is actually pretty useless.

I don't visit a German-speaking forum for very good reason.
    Lead to:
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Is that arrogance or dont you just know that spanish and chinese are spoken by way more people than english?
    and then:
    No, actually we talked about the question if english is the "world language".. which it just isnt. Actually, way more people speak chinese.
    Everyone can see that you are not telling the truth. Why are you even trying?

Chinese is useful to communicate with 15% more people - but English is still a "world language" - and useful in more places; and we still don't understand why you put Spanish way ahead of English.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    Thats not true. I don't agree with him on everything but hes right. Top Languages you need to know are English, Spanish and Chinese.
    Oh I agree those are the most useful language to learn, but consider this, if I am to use one language and go around the world, what would be the best?

(Base on main cities)

English
    Europe - I can go around most countries OK
    Asia - I can go around most countries OK
    US - I can go around most countries OK
    India - you can use English in many cities just fine, not great, but fine.
    South Africa - you can use it almost anywhere.

Spanish
    Europe - I can get around many countries fine, but much less accepted than English
    Asia - I don't think you can get around many countries at all
    US - Mexico and South America is fine, main US area.... not so much
    India - I am unsure how well received is Spanish there.
    South Africa - again I am unsure how easy to go around with Spanish there.

Chinese
    Eurpoe - unless you are in China Town, otherwise useless anywhere.
    Asia - unless you are in China and Taiwan, otherwise Japan, Korea and such, no so much.
    US - again unless you are in China Town, trying to Chinese in the middle of New York won't get you far.
    India - good luck
    South Africa - again, good luck

- - - Updated - - -

If i start in eastern europe, to china, continue to south america and africa then back to western europe
    How is that the whole world?

And only one language.

He's Muslim, refrain from discussion please.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Oh I agree those are the most useful language to learn, but consider this, if I am to use one language and go around the world, what would be the best?

(Base on main cities)

English
    Europe - I can go around most countries OK
    Asia - I can go around most countries OK
    US - I can go around most countries OK
    India - you can use English in many cities just fine, not great, but fine.
    South Africa - you can use it almost anywhere.

Spanish
    Europe - I can get around many countries fine, but much less accepted than English
    Asia - I don't think you can get around many countries at all
    US - Mexico and South America is fine, main US area.... not so much
    India - I am unsure how well received is Spanish there.
    South Africa - again I am unsure how easy to go around with Spanish there.

Chinese
    Eurpoe - unless you are in China Town, otherwise useless anywhere.
    Asia - unless you are in China and Taiwan, otherwise Japan, Korea and such, no so much.
    US - again unless you are in China Town, trying to Chinese in the middle of New York won't get you far.
    India - good luck
    South Africa - again, good luck
    Oh im not sure on which language but i would say English if i had to guess. I'm just saying top 3 languages thats all. I wasn't trying to derail your argument sorry

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Would you like to comment on this case?
    http://www.burnetbulletin.com/articl...teen-rape-case

Its about a white male who raped a teen girl. What should we do about the "problem" of white males raping teens? What actions do you suggest we take?
    Ahh, good ole whataboutism. Anything at all to defend the antics of Merkel and company.

This is the kind of garbage that makes sensible center lefties like myself sick.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Chinese is useful to communicate with 15% more people
    English is no world language as well, as only a part of the world is speaking it. You are right if you say its useful in more places, but still that doesnt make it a "world language", as only a part of the world only is actually really speaking english. I brought examples which should show you that the world is not speaking english. Most people play their native language only.

I actually wrote that the refugees are way better educated than predicted. Thats all. And yes, i can only talk about the average here, and not about minorities you want to invoke obviously to get a argument going.
    You are back-pedalling fast - here was your start:
    For me both are welcome. In special syrian refugees who are well educated.

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/wirtschaf...-14528912.html
    Just well-educated, neither using the word "majority" (which isn't true; since 10 years isn't well-educated) - nor "than predicted".

Tragic, good that he was caught.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

More evidence of rape culture.

English is no world language as well, as only a part of the world is speaking it. You are right if you say its useful in more places, but still that doesnt make it a "world language", as only a part of the world only is actually really speaking english. I brought examples which should show you that the world is not speaking english. Most people play their native language only.
    Apart from being factually incorrect this has nothing to do with: you linking a German news-source on an English forum, you incorrectly claiming that Chinese and Spanish are spoken by way more people than English.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_language
    A world language is a language that is spoken internationally and is learned and spoken by a large number of people as a second language. A world language is characterized not only by the total number of speakers (native and second language speakers), but also by its geographical distribution, as well as use in international organizations and diplomatic relations.

One of the most widely spoken and fastest spreading world languages today is English, which has over 900 million first- and second-language users worldwide. It is estimated to have as many as 600 million second-language speakers, including anywhere between 200 and 350 million learners/users in China alone, at varying levels of study and proficiency, though this number is difficult to accurately assess. English is also increasingly becoming the dominant language of scientific research and papers worldwide, having even outpaced national languages in Western European countries, including France, where a recent study showed that English has massively displaced French as the language of scientific research in "hard" as well as in applied sciences.

Are you just opposing him for the sake of opposing, or still trying to make a stupid point that English is not the "world language".

Since it is the closest thing to the "world language" there is. There is no other language that is as wide spread in the world as English is. There is no other language that is used as a language for international business, international science, etc. You can communicate with people in English in virtually any other country in the world, which is not true about any other language.

And frankly speaking in the modern world if you take people younger than 30 - i'd say only morons don't speak English on a level good enough to be able to communicate well enough to show you the way, or let's say make an order in a restaurant, or explain themselves in short easy phrases.

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Brought to you by sztyrymytyry who also brought you such classics as -

Swedes abandon tolerance as ‘sacred’ welfare buckles under migrant burden
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...migrant-burden

Artificial Intelligence don't like coloured people
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/search.p...rchid=39953942

Israel sterilizes its black population
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ack-population

Germany: Immigrants will be lifeguards to prevent sexual attack at swim-pools
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/search.p...rchid=39953942

Looks like the Hitler Youth club hours just ended for sztyrymytyry.........
    DIdn't take long at all for Hitler to show up huh! I guess a person linking articles which others write about things that actually happened makes him a horrible agenda pusher. But we all know you're allergic to facts alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I actually do know a lot of people that were raped.
    Act mature, fcs.
    Again if you knew a lot of people you would never chose to defend rapists and you would never put their life in front of others.
    If you knew people/person that was raped you would no that there is no punishment severe enough for a rapist because victims lives changes drastically.
    So you are the one who should act mature and not pretend that you don't want some kind of a retribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The law didn't protect her, lawlessness was what actually raped her.
    And are you saying 1000's get raped in Germany daily?
    No, it shows us you're being childish.
    I never said that 1000s of people are raped in Germany every day, find where i said that.
    I said that the law doesnt work since there are 1000s of rapes, thats a big difference.

.. who is mainly serving quotes for Tichy and other right wing apologotes, and who is also mainly hired by conservatives and "alt right" politicials for speeches..
    ...such as the ARD and ZDF, Maischberger and Co.? Because he is a well know recuring guest there and his reputation and knowledge in the field has not been drawn into question up until now. That is if we exclude you, rando on the internet and know it all galore.

Man, there is such a steady stream of inflammatory bullshit everyday.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by BourneWolf View Post
    Oooh, oooh, i know the answer to this one.

How about we reduce the excessive public sector pensions, and then make private sector pension contributions mandatory?

Your go.
    First there is no evidence that public sector pensions are excessive and private pension contributions are usually matched and that still does not cover the cost of retirement. Both of these solutions would get you over a budget gap but would not fix the problem in the long run.

Immigration does not results in an ever expanding solution, those people will be living on earth anyways and populating. All you are doing is shifting the working population from one country that cannot support them to another until the gap is filled. While you can argue about the immigration selection process the fact that it is needed should be pretty obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
    Actually brain drain is the first step to keep things miserable in the underdeveloped countries.
    Most underdeveloped countries the number one goal of anyone of means is to get themselves and their children out, the change needed for those countries to become developed is next to impossible. I don't see it as anything but the normal flow of things smart people want to get out and developing countries need them.

Damn those whites, always raping people. WHY ARE THEY SO VIOLENT? WHY ARE ALL CATHOLICS AND CHRISTIANS SO INTOLERANT? We have to put them all in jail, otherwise they will destroy us! Oh, wait, IS IT A WHITE HETEROSSEXUAL MALE? IS IT A FRIKKEN WHITE HETEROSSEXUAL MALE THAT IS NOT MUSLIM AND ACTUALLY BELIEVES IN GOD? HOW DISGUSTING, HE IS RAPING ME JUST BY BEING IN MY PRESENCE, WHAT A VIOLENT BIGOT

Let's blame all refugees for that, also Islam btw ... okay ?

Deleted
    You talk about the syrian refugees in sweden only. I talked about the refugees in germany, and linked a statistic from "die zeit", a german newspaper, which actually shows that refugees are way better educated than predicted.

You are comparing apples with oranges.
    Sweden accepts the second most immigrants in the EU.
    When comparing #2 with #1 it is fair to assume their subset's are equivalent.

- - - Updated - - -

No, the source doesnt say that. Where do you get that from?
    58 Prozent der erwachsenen Geflüchteten hätten demnach in ihren Herkunftsländern zehn Jahre und mehr in Schule, Ausbildung und Studium verbracht, im Vergleich zu 88 Prozent bei der deutschen Wohnbevölkerung.
    58 is smaller than 88.