Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well bad gameplay of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Pushing real life personal (developers) agenda and politics into their game where it's completely out of place. Lately it's a trend.
    Absofuckinglutely. One of those game are Dragon Age Inquisition. I stopped playing it halfway through because I became disgusted with it. I could literally feel the presence of the developers trying to lecture me on their specific set of morals throughout the game.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

i can put up with trash gameplay, and dont really buy microtransaction shit so the worst for me is unfixed hard progress bugs. Example being ZOMBI where you need to run to a helicopter near the end which can not spawn if you go through a left door instead of right into the same room and the only fix is 'start the entire game again and hope it doesnt happen because of one of 30 other causes next time" so sadly i dropped a game i was enjoying and never touched it again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    Absofuckinglutely. One of those game are Dragon Age Inquisition. I stopped playing it halfway through because I became disgusted with it. I could literally feel the presence of the developers trying to lecture me on their specific set of morals throughout the game.
    it can be bad, but i just avoid developers like bioware and a lot of nintendo tree house connected stuff for that. Its far more worse in marvel comics. Want to continue reading about a fantasy world? well heres the writers own personal strawmanning ideology bullshit for most of the issue every issue.

To think Stan Lee writing spidey swinging over vietnam protestors and going 'hey kids, i'm with you' was too much back in the late 60's

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Well, you need good controls. Example: I was going to play The Witcher, but the controls sucked so hard, I was unable to play for more than 20 minutes before giving up forever.
    i was unable to play shadow of mordor for this reason, the keyboard controls for that are just retarded
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Well, you need good controls. Example: I was going to play The Witcher, but the controls sucked so hard, I was unable to play for more than 20 minutes before giving up forever.
    Try it again, with a controller. For me it's one of those games that play waaay better with a controller (also Assassin's Creed, Mirror's Edge, Dying Light,...)
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

Anime art
    Zero graphical options
    turn based combat
    EA games
    MOBAS
    Minecraft type games/"Survival" games
    Micro transactions (even Cosmetic) It breaks immersion when I'm asked every time i log in if i want to buy some shitty outfit or weapon skin that's cringe worthy...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    i was unable to play shadow of mordor for this reason, the keyboard controls for that are just retarded
    agreed, that games controls were beyond horrid. i was actually suprised i was playing a 2014 game and not a Nintendo/PS2 game
    Last edited by lavaalamp; 2016-12-04 at 11:42 PM.

Not being on pc. Every game should be able to run on pc in this day of age. Xbox is heading in the right direction(forza). Some ps4/vita exclusives have come to pc as well(hyperdimension neptunia series)

Also anything on the phone. 95% of phone games are straight up garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lavaalamp View Post
    Anime art
    Zero graphical options
    turn based combat
    EA games
    MOBAS
    Minecraft type games/"Survival" games

- - - Updated - - -

agreed, that games controls were beyond horrid. i was actually suprised i was playing a 2014 game and not a Nintendo/PS2 game
    i cant even remember if you can rebind the keys, i just gave up after killing a few orcs, it felt like some really horrible console port. shame i dont have a controller for pc, because im sure it plays great with a controller.
    dragonmaw - EU

Pay to win mechanics.

If the game has microtransactions and those microtransactions offer the player an advantage, then the company that made that game will get no money from me.

Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    That random song in the middle was cringe-inducing too. It reminded me of the Whos from 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas'... and on the Xbox version you couldn't fucking skip it.
    Last edited by Lord Havik; 2016-12-04 at 11:26 PM.
    ~RAWR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably corrupted save data. Getting 10 hours into a game just to lose all that progress is a good way to get me to never beat a game.

Anime art style.
    Unscalable UI.
    Bad voice acting.
    Not having access to string tables and fonts. (Basically all the stock Unity crap games)
    Level design with too many false doors, buildings and walls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shoddy controls, I also refuse to play FPS games on a console.

Not playing games because of "anime" art style is severely hindering some of you from some of the best games in the world. The it looks childish argument baffles me so much. You're playing freaking video games for crying out loud.

Usually it's any of the following factors:

- A game without a coherent or intriguing story.
    - Bland characters/environment design.
    - Shades of grey shunned in favour of virtue signalling/pushing a political agenda. ('War is always bad!' 'All rich people suck!' 'Elves are racists and bigots for doing whatever it takes to prevent humans from taking over their land!')
    - A poor soundtrack with no memorable themes.

Too obvious to say, "bad gameplay'. But essentially, bad gameplay.

That being said, I am likely to be put off (as in not eager to play or try) by a video game that uses action combat &/or first person shooting as it's core gameplay mechanic.

I am not interested in circle strafing with a sword or BFG or overly keen on dodge rolling with axe or shotgun in hand.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2016-12-05 at 03:03 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cringe characters
    Leashed action combat(IE half assed hack and slash)
    Questioning why *insert game here* is part of the main series and not a side game.

Sadly FF15 applies to all three

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ey b0ss View Post
    So called "ranked" online games modes where there's no fucking solo q only option , looking at you cancerwatch or cs go. (also level scaling in mmos , biggest cancer ever)
    You can solo que in csgo....Ur not gonna get global elite as solo but u can still get a decent rank. Im LEM and ive never qued anything but solo

Just really bad control scheme. I've tried to like Gothic II NOTR but I really really can't.

Loved Risen even Gothic III was playable even if it was just halberd spin2win baiting, but G2's control scheme and mechanics are the very definition of sluggish and clunky. Saying "its part of the immersion of starting at level 1" is a shitty answer. NPCs 1 shotting you with phantom hits(no animation and literally cannot be reacted to) is bullshit and attack+backstep(with 100% uptime on i-frames) and hoping to hit them is really fucking boring. Something is definitely wrong when I can fuck up big ass orcs and shadowbeasts no problem, but 2 fucking rats or just 1 human? 0 fucking chance.

I wish I could say say I'm amazed by how many people are ready to shit on a game based on story, art style and/or graphical fidelity. But I can only guess their first console was 7th gen.

it's boring or doesn't appeal to me visually.

PvP - unless there are PvE only or solo options then I won't play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    When developers put in SJW bullshit to pander to the gay and feminist communities. For the record I am not against gays or gay marriage I am just tired of seeing video games and comics go gay or turn male characters that everyone knows and loves into a woman just because a few people find it offensive that there are no gay or powerful female characters. So they add it in their game and most of the time it doesn't even blend in. Like you look at the character and it just reeks of SJW pandering. Like the character was made specifically for them and not because it went along with the story.

Also delayed or unresponsive controls. Infuriates the shit out of me when you push a button and it either doesn't do it because your character is busy doing an animation or it just doesn't register. It's one of the most annoying things.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe