Guilds Website critique

so i've been working on my guilds website for a while now and was wondering if yall could have a look and give me some feed back..

https://wow-bloodgod.com/

I like the look and it seems to have all the bells and whistles. 8/10.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Reminds me of a geocities page from the late 90s.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks good, and you have Battle.Net integrations. Wasn't able to get your guild menu or utilities to pop up on Edge. Your SQL queries for your rosters are showing below the page as debug currently, as well.

Guilds still use websites? Huh. I thought they all moved to Facebook pages.

Neat, though!
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Wasn't able to get your guild menu or utilities to pop up on Edge. Your SQL queries for your rosters are showing below the page as debug currently, as well.
    edge is funny and sometimes jquery acts bad on it ial have to look into it
    and the debug was on but is off now but it really shouldn't have showed because of permission settings guess i'll have to check into that again lol

10+ Year Old Account
    the black writing is hard to read on that background on the "hotfixes october 3rd" box
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Ulminia View Post
    so i've been working on my guilds website for a while now and was wondering if yall could have a look and give me some feed back..

Is it normal that I can edit the news feed/announcement boxes? 'cause that should probably be changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    Is it normal that I can edit the news feed/announcement boxes? 'cause that should probably be changed.
    oh yeah you're right haha
    dragonmaw - EU

It's quite easy to tell that the person who made this never bothered reading up on some crucial HCI guidelines. It should be easy to understand and browse your website. The most important parts of the text should be bigger than static headlines. You must really work on the color schemes, you can't have black on black, shouldn't have to tell you this. You should make the news part background a singular color, not copy the pictures background.

All in all, you've got a pretty lousy design that looks like something taken from the 90s, on top of that it's really not intuitive and consistent. Make it simpler, brush up on the colors and it should be fine. Think about what parts you value the most, and highlight these.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Looks very nice, some very nice features there and nice layout. However since you asked for critique, ill add a few points: as serenka said, the black text is hard to read on that background, and personally i would increase the opacity of the dark backdrop of the white text too. Having too much of the background image visible can be tiring for your eyes since it provides little contrast between the text and most parts of the image.
    I would also move the guild menu to the right where the rest is, so that the Home button is the first one people see. Atm the guild button seems a bit lost.
    The name of one forum category is missspelled and called Gamplay and Help
    Im not very familiar with how the battle.net login works, so i havent tried that, but when cancelling it in the pop-up window i get the following error:
    $params array(4)
    'code' => NULL
    'auth_flow' => string(9) "auth_code"
    'redirect_uri' => string(45) "https://wow-bloodgod.com/index.php?p=redirect"
    'state' => string(6) "login2"
    →Called from <ROOT>/pages/redirect.php:133
    <ROOT>/index.php:119

Fatal error: Undefined class constant 'MISSING_PARAMETER' in /home/wowblood/public_html/lib/api2/GrantType/AuthorizationCode.php on line 31

I also have a random number 0.13 | 44 floating against the center right side of the site, the number changes when i go to a different page. Its inside a div class="process"

Im not very good with code but i like looking around in it. I found a gmail address and while im clueless why its there, it might avoid you some spam if you remove it.

I hope im not coming across as negative, i think in general the site looks really nice. Things like the latest activity, raid progress and current world events are cool things to show off on the front page. The battle.net login mustve taken a lot of work i think, or at least i havent seen it before on too many sites. Best of luck with your guild and your site!

The homepage articles are unreadable (dark font on dark background)

yea im fixing the font as well as removing the crap yall added nice to see the community that's here...

yea im fixing the font as well as removing the crap yall added nice to see the community that's here...
    I tried to warn you (the only edit I did was an extra exclamation point, just to see if I really could). But, really, its the internet, on a site of a popular mmo... The only thing I'm surprised about is that it took over 2 hours for something like that to occur.

same but it cant happen now ive solved the issue lol it was a blonder on my part i had outdated code up and should have updated it sooner

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archonite View Post
    I hope im not coming across as negative, i think in general the site looks really nice. Things like the latest activity, raid progress and current world events are cool things to show off on the front page. The battle.net login mustve taken a lot of work i think, or at least i havent seen it before on too many sites. Best of luck with your guild and your site!
    you certainly are not this is why i asked for feedback, as for the error with the popup im unsure why its still erroring i thought i fixed it but i guess not.

and yes the login took alot of work my first incarnation was done around the time wowhead got theres out and started using it ive been slowly working on making it better

10+ Year Old Account
    in case you need it here is the text that was in the top announcement box

Since Loken’s betrayal, Odyn has been trapped within the Halls of Valor as Helya plots in the shadows to claim the souls of his valarjar champions. In recent days, however, great heroes have arrived in the lands of Stormheim in the Legion’s wake. Hoping that their might and determination could tip the scales and end Helya’s reign, Odyn summons these champions for a final test.

Helheim was just the beginning of Helya’s bid for the souls of the valarjar champions and her machinations for Odyn. In the new raid dungeon, Trial of Valor, Azeroth’s heroes will be able to journey further into this tale of betrayal when the doors open on November 8.

Developer Insights: The idea for this raid was hatched during development of our Halls of Valor and Maw of Souls dungeons, and as we were playing through the zone of Stormheim internally. We had established both Odyn and Helya as titanic figures that couldn’t be completely vanquished by a 5-player group, and during questing players could only hope to sneak past the guardian Guarm through deception. In the past, we have at times failed to resolve minor plot arcs like this, and we wanted to make sure that we didn’t repeat that mistake here. Mechanically, Trial of Valor is positioned as an interlude between the Emerald Nightmare and the upcoming Nighthold raid, offering a new challenge that complements the Emerald Nightmare without obsoleting its rewards.

Minimum Level: 110
    Bosses: 3

Odyn: In ages past, Odyn led the titan-forged armies against the Black Empire of the Old Gods. For millennia he has been confined to the Halls of Valor by the curse of his bitter nemesis, Helya. Odyn seeks mortal champions to vanquish the ruler of Helheim and secure his freedom.

Guarm: Helya’s vicious three-headed hound stands guard at the gates of Helheim. Bred to require neither comfort nor sleep, Guarm remains ever-watchful for any invaders who come to challenge the reign of his cruel mistress.

Helya: Though she once served as Odyn’s right hand, the vengeful Helya will stop at nothing to ensure that her ancient curse binds the titan keeper to the Halls of Valor. No longer satisfied with ruling her shadowy realm, Helya now commands her vast Kvaldir army to plague the lands of the living.

Raid Unlock Schedule

November 8 - Normal and Heroic
    November 15- Mythic and Raid Finder
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    You've got some SQL injection from the looks of things so you might want to make sure that your parameters are properly passed to queries.
    There's some XSS as well so you should probably take a look at that.

In terms of user experience some things should be disabled based on whether or not you're logged in. For example seeing
    "Addon Error
    Insufficient credentials to access [user]" doesn't look well. Instead of that maybe do a redirect to a page asking for a login. Same thing happens with modules. If you try to access a URL that doesn't exist you get something along the lines of
    "Roster Error
    The module [qq] does not exist".

If you mess around with URLs enough you'll get a message telling you that you tried to call a method on a non object.

There's some parameters that are exposed through the URL altough they shouldn't be i.e. the guild id? which when modified gives you a message like

No Guild Data

Could not find guild: '' for server ''
    You need to load your guild first and make sure you finished configuration

Click here for installation instructions

As other people mentioned you'll need to change the colour scheme at least somewhat so that things look nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilde View Post
    Reminds me of a geocities page from the late 90s.
    Yes, it has that vibe for sure.

Why not just make a simple WordPress OP?

7+ Year Old Account

I see everything that it would likely need, but the UI is hard to look at.

Have you considered implementing something like Parallax and Bootstrap or Materialize for UI?
    Is your website reactive? If not, have you considered using the MEAN stack instead of traditional HTML5/JS pages?
    Have you considered implementing a templating engine to reduce developer workload?
    Your website is not mobile-friendly, do you want it to be accessible on a phone (ie: have you considered making your website responsive)?
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

currently ive loaded bootstrap and getting alot of things changed over to it its slow going
    and i use smarty templating for all pages
    phones was not really on my concerm if they are on the site they have to be on a desktop or tablet to login with battle.net with how i have it setup i think

yes the ui needs some more changes and im slowly getting to them but im no designer im more of a code guy thats why we have a lot of features...