Page 22 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    You know that people have still alts which they use to raid in pugs sometimes RIGHT?
    Wow so... you realize I have an alt warlock that I use to raid too right?

Anyway, you have three different specs. Each of them are near the top on every single fight. Deal with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade6 View Post
    YOU ARE THE ONE derailing this thread, WTF is wrong with you.
    it's our fault we shouldn't talk about death knights in a DK thread. This guy is true mythic raider with a DK alt, if he says death knights are fine we are fine. Now lets go to *insert class here* forum and derail every thread to warlock needs buffs.

Damage is obliviously an issue but not the biggest one. We offer 0 utility on any Mythic fight right now outside of Ily'gnoth, where you will most likely switch to Blood for mass grip and 15sec CD single grip. I don't think any other class can say that they bring nothing to a raid.

I haven't done Nighthold yet on the PTR but I hope we are somewhat useful with single grips on at least 1 Boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    the reason we are currently okay is that the damage requirement in terms of output in EN is low, we do enough even for the mythic cenarius zerg strat.

However as the ilevel of your raid increases you will notice falling behind and if you really aren't on the ball with unholy you fall even further down if rng is unfavorable both in terms of class mechanics and fight mechanics. This is due to mythic+ allowing us to enter at a higher ilevel then intended in EN mythic, however this won't be the case of nighthold most likely and as you can already experience tov is a lot more tighter balanced.

Now ptr is still early so i'll wait and i see i don't intend to swap to frost any time soon neither do i plan to reroll even with alts with just a few days behind on AK.

In terms of utility i would like AMZ back for unholy in a pve setting, the grip is nice and so is or chains to prevent adds from getting somewhere, beyond that it seems that at least our defensives are getting big buffs through the artifact new ranks. which opens up methods for us to soak things.

Deleted
    On UH discord chat , a dude on the PTR showed us some rough numbers for a clawing shadows / defile build. He had just 41% mastery and CS did around 520k crits with FC up and Defile. Defile itself did around 1.5 mil dmg.

A mastery build with EF , CS , Defile seems promising and it would still work with bracers quite well + the new defile legendary.

Also , a DA build with that - 5 sec CD trinket seems legit when paired with legendary shoulders and SI.

Quote Originally Posted by angmaar View Post
    On UH discord chat , a dude on the PTR showed us some rough numbers for a clawing shadows / defile build. He had just 41% mastery and CS did around 520k crits with FC up and Defile. Defile itself did around 1.5 mil dmg.

A mastery build with EF , CS , Defile seems promising and it would still work with bracers quite well + the new defile legendary.

Also , a DA build with that - 5 sec CD trinket seems legit when paired with legendary shoulders and SI.
    520k crits with CS is attainable now in live let alone in the ptr. I have just under 80% mastery in the ptr, easily get 600k+ if it crits.

Even Fever will remain as a short duration add damage talent, Bursting Sores used in it otherwise. The Defile build with CS, the tier set and the helm/bracers is already an extremely full rotation. You barely have the GCDs to add in outbreak normally let alone doubling the casts.

Likely the DA build MIGHT be okay with the trinket, but she still doesn't do much damage overall. If the CD trinket reduces her CD to say an average of 1:30 or so, still doesn't do damage according to that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    520k crits with CS is attainable now in live let alone in the ptr. I have just under 80% mastery in the ptr, easily get 600k+ if it crits.

Even Fever will remain as a short duration add damage talent, Bursting Sores used in it otherwise. The Defile build with CS, the tier set and the helm/bracers is already an extremely full rotation. You barely have the GCDs to add in outbreak normally let alone doubling the casts.

Likely the DA build MIGHT be okay with the trinket, but she still doesn't do much damage overall. If the CD trinket reduces her CD to say an average of 1:30 or so, still doesn't do damage according to that.
    The Defile build with CS, the tier set and the helm/bracers is already an extremely full rotation. You barely have the GCDs to add in outbreak normally let alone doubling the casts. -> curios if CS/Defile will out dmg the castigator/SR build. How decent is the helmet?

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    the reason we are currently okay is that the damage requirement in terms of output in EN is low, we do enough even for the mythic cenarius zerg strat.

However as the ilevel of your raid increases you will notice falling behind and if you really aren't on the ball with unholy you fall even further down if rng is unfavorable both in terms of class mechanics and fight mechanics. This is due to mythic+ allowing us to enter at a higher ilevel then intended in EN mythic, however this won't be the case of nighthold most likely and as you can already experience tov is a lot more tighter balanced.

Now ptr is still early so i'll wait and i see i don't intend to swap to frost any time soon neither do i plan to reroll even with alts with just a few days behind on AK.

In terms of utility i would like AMZ back for unholy in a pve setting, the grip is nice and so is or chains to prevent adds from getting somewhere, beyond that it seems that at least our defensives are getting big buffs through the artifact new ranks. which opens up methods for us to soak things.
    Well let's see how is goes the stat fix, maybe blizzard this time would fix the scaling problem with the dk

The Defile build with CS, the tier set and the helm/bracers is already an extremely full rotation. You barely have the GCDs to add in outbreak normally let alone doubling the casts. -> curios if CS/Defile will out dmg the castigator/SR build. How decent is the helmet?
    There's no hard numbers on it and as is tuning isn't done in the PTR so making predictions on it is useless atm. Right now anyways you can take CS and be viable against a Castigator specced DK. If things went in as is with no more tuning, which tuning is going to happen, then it would push CS ahead for sure.

The helmet is really great, makes it so you use Defile pretty much every 17~ seconds or so depending on RNG of SD. It's very possible to extend the Defile buff as well, but that's very much a stars aligned thing, though it would be way easier with BL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    There's no hard numbers on it and as is tuning isn't done in the PTR so making predictions on it is useless atm. Right now anyways you can take CS and be viable against a Castigator specced DK. If things went in as is with no more tuning, which tuning is going to happen, then it would push CS ahead for sure.

The helmet is really great, makes it so you use Defile pretty much every 17~ seconds or so depending on RNG of SD. It's very possible to extend the Defile buff as well, but that's very much a stars aligned thing, though it would be way easier with BL.
    Nice, thanks mate. I'm at 36% crit, 20% haste and 38% mastery, 886 ilvl... I'll start hoarding some mastery gear then, who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    unholy has been getting some great hotfixes to make it viable when played correctly with correct stats.

the changes so far in 7.1.5 are going to make uh near top.
    Fixed it for you!

On topic, changes on PTR are good but without spell buffs Unholy wont be near the middle/top.

Yep. They said number changes aren't really in yet, so there's some hope.

Just curious how this stacks up to other classes / specs with two optimal legendaries and their 4 pc bonus as well as NH trinkets?

I mean - I'm glad to hear that we're making progress, but when I hear "We'll be ok once we get {insert long list of very specific pieces that require ludicrously good RNG to get especially legendaries}" I get a little concerned.

I mean, on live I'd be doing pretty darn good if I had the bracers (not top of the heap, but better) - but instead I have Sephuz's. Just saying the UH spec needs some baseline help too, since progression will be required to get to the point of having all that gear which makes the spec "work."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim1256 View Post
    Just curious how this stacks up to other classes / specs with two optimal legendaries and their 4 pc bonus as well as NH trinkets?

I mean - I'm glad to hear that we're making progress, but when I hear "We'll be ok once we get {insert long list of very specific pieces that require ludicrously good RNG to get especially legendaries}" I get a little concerned.

I mean, on live I'd be doing pretty darn good if I had the bracers (not top of the heap, but better) - but instead I have Sephuz's. Just saying the UH spec needs some baseline help too, since progression will be required to get to the point of having all that gear which makes the spec "work."
    sephuz + aggra strides here QQ - honestly sephuz isn't that bad (well it is compared to bracers, but still), the haste buff is very good in dungeons and it works in raids with gnaw/smash. it's also getting buffed so yey. yea, it sucks ass that we're built around legendaries and RNG... -.-

I just want army to become a 5 min CD so it can be used twice on fights like Odyn and Helya, and can be used once per boss on most M+ dungeons (especially since M+ has become the definitive way to gear up).

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    I just want army to become a 5 min CD so it can be used twice on fights like Odyn and Helya, and can be used once per boss on most M+ dungeons (especially since M+ has become the definitive way to gear up).
    No kidding, when DH meta is like ~3minutes and has almost the same strength as AotD as a CD you feel cheated.

sick changes extremely useful!
    rank 1 dk
    find me on vindicatum.com

Yeah - don't let this slide.

There's a point at which theorizing 4pc + regear for mastery + specific trinket + set of talents - ENOUGH

It is ENOUGH

Balancing the class around the stupid bracers is dumb
    Not making a whole raft of talents baseline is dumb
    The spec is so CLOSE to being ACTUALLY good except for a few intensely frustrating things

The PTR Forum needs setting on fire

Nice buff for the pet, looks like mastery build more and more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    Nice buff for the pet, looks like mastery build more and more likely.
    I think it's just a tooptip update, sweeping claw does shadow damage already.