View Poll Results: Are you currently subscribed to WoW? If not, when were you last subscribed?

Voters
518. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I am currently subscribed.

388 74.90%
  • No, but I have been subscribed since Legion release.

79 15.25%
  • No, but I have been subscribed pre-legion in 2016.

16 3.09%
  • No, I was last subscribed in 2015

14 2.70%
  • No, I was last subscribed during MoP.

10 1.93%
  • No, I was last subscribed during Cataclysm.

3 0.58%
  • No, i was last subscribed during Wotlk

2 0.39%
  • No, I was last subscribed during BC/Classic

2 0.39%
  • I have never been subscribed!

4 0.77%
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Are you currently subscribed to wow?

This is a poll. THe intent of the poll is to determine what % of posters are actually currently or recently subscribed to the game. I have tried to provide a variety of time-frames for 'not subscribed.'

My answers leave a slight hole in early WoD release - if possible just choose MOP or 2015 even if true answer is late 2014.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2016-12-04 at 02:01 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Was subscribed from 2004 US release up to 2008, then EU 2008-2013, now back for Legion Subscribed again.

Took a long break during WoD. Resubbed at Legion, got bored with world quests, couldn't be arsed with alts, unsubbed.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Absolutely, every time that I took a break from it, one way or another, I've came to regret it. So, I don't really plan on leaving, pretty much ever.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

It is weird really, people say WoD is the worst, most boring expansion, but Legion I think is much more boring.

Yeah you constantly have thing to do: farming AP, but if anything I think it burns people out more than anything.

In my opinion this is worse than not enough content, because if not enough contents, you don't have to log in everyday on non raid day, and pace things down. But now you know you should be playing whenever you can, and farm AP whenever you can. I myself hate this system but I guess I am the only one?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Took a long break during WoD. Resubbed at Legion, got bored with world quests, couldn't be arsed with alts, unsubbed.
    Pretty much the same. Except that I got bored not only with world quests, but also with excessive RNG in every part of game and endless dungeons grind. RNG on top of RNG isn't fun.

Yes since I cba selling my gold and I have enough to pay for about 7 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

As long as the tokens buys game time I will keep subbed.

last subscribed in 2015 (March)

Was going to give legion a try till I found out what the dipshits did to my Survival hunter.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    yup play every day for a few hours atlest.

...what good is a poll with 8 negative responses and a single positive one?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    last subscribed in 2015 (March)

Was going to give legion a try till I found out what the dipshits did to my Survival hunter.
    so you haven't played it but complain about it, how pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    In my opinion this is worse than not enough content, because if not enough contents, you don't have to log in everyday on non raid day, and pace things down. But now you know you should be playing whenever you can, and farm AP whenever you can. I myself hate this system but I guess I am the only one?
    You're definitely not the only one. I cancelled my subscription after more than a decade because I play WoW to raid competitively and I simply cannot raid at that level without playing WoW nearly as much as I work at my full time job.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    so you haven't played it but complain about it, how pointless.
    I don't have to stick my finger in my eye to know it's a bad idea, I've played Melee and know I don't want it, and never like MM and BM was a ok 2nd spec but that was it.

*I picked a range spec I like and stuck with it even if it was not the top DPS for over 8 years the morons cutting it out seems pointless..
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2016-12-05 at 02:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course. Even if there is a time I don't really play, I don't bother turning it off. Too much work.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ...what good is a poll with 8 negative responses and a single positive one?
    Not much. Which is probably why this thread has a poll with 9 factual responses.

If you want to read "negative" or "positive" into a simple statement of fact, that's your choice.

Deleted
    Yes, I am currently subscribed but my subscription ends in 15 days and I'm not going to renew it.

The reason is that it takes too much time and that I have already seen most of the story (haven't touched Suramar but will do it some time). I have finished the class campaign, picked all my golden artifact traits, explored all zones, run many mythics and mythic+ (haven't done Karazhan though because I want to do it with friends so probably later in Legion), I have farmed lots of WQs and I'm currently playing some BGs every now and then. I'm not a raider and I've been burnt out doing WQs so the game doesn't have much to offer right now, other than grinding, at least for me that is. The exploration hype is gone, I know what and where to expect something in the world right now, it doesn't feel fresh anymore. Nevertheless, I still like and enjoy playing my Demon Hunter a lot, I don't enjoy any other class as much as I do with Demon Hunters, both lorewise and gameplay wise.

I will be waiting until more story unfolds and more areas become available before I re-sub.
    Last edited by mmoc985e663195; 2016-12-05 at 03:46 AM.

Nope. I only got to level 107 on my main fire mage and just couldn't find the motivation to continue further. The whole class experience was just so uninspired, overly simplistic and downright uninteresting. The zones were beautiful and some of the quests were fairly impactful, but I honestly cannot get down with grinding anything anymore within any videogame. I can't think of a bigger waste of time, and I can't honestly believe crap like Nesingwary is actually considered video game content in 2016. There are so many other things I'd rather be doing with my time on this earth. I could write an essay on this topic, because I loved WoW at one point, but it's not there anymore.
    Last edited by Snivena; 2016-12-05 at 03:42 AM.

I check & play the retail version on associates accounts, but Cataclysm was the point for me where WoW changed beyond the game I once fell in love with, causing me to unsubscribe 1st time, since 2004. Nobody I know plays much at all. Although, I'd play alot of Legacy and hope Blizzard announces their release soon.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-12-05 at 03:43 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    I don't have to stick my finger in my eye to know it's a bad idea, I've played Melee and know I don't want it, and never like MM and BM was a ok 2nd spec but that was it.

*I picked a range spec I like and stuck with it even if it was not the top DPS for over 8 years the morons cutting it out seems pointless..
    sorry but your option on bm mm or or even sv is kinda meaningless if you haven't actually played them not liking meele is valid but any thing else isn't until you have played it.