Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felpacino View Post
    It looked like Hillary is stronger as a person and Bill is strong when he's advised.

True, that's the correct way to say, but more stronger is being said when you emphasize strength. She looked stronger to me, but is Bill "more" stronger than her? Both are stronger than each other, but which one is more? Sure, there is no such thing as being much strong. When someone is stronger and if the other is strong, she still stays as strong, but stronger than the rest. He is stronger than the stronger, which makes him much or more stronger, imo.
    trying too hard to be funny

and failing

I hope Bill doesn't have some disease but he isn't looking good and he seems confused at times. He's in his 70's I think.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Felpacino View Post
    It looked like Hillary is stronger as a person and Bill is strong when he's advised.

True, that's the correct way to say, but more stronger is being said when you emphasize strength. She looked stronger to me, but is Bill "more" stronger than her? Both are stronger than each other, but which one is more? Sure, there is no such thing as being much strong. When someone is stronger and if the other is strong, she still stays as strong, but stronger than the rest. He is stronger than the stronger, which makes him much or more stronger, imo.
    No she was a weak candidate to begin with, her only merit frankly was that she married Bill Clinton. Sure she had the experience but she didn't gain that experience on her own like Jeb Bush. Clinton and Jeb Bush are similar in that they used their last name to win elections but both are frankly awkward speakers and both had to much luggage (rightfully or not)

Also don't get me wrong, she may have been a excellent president but that's not relevant to the discussion. She was ahead most of the time during the election however she could never close the deal.

This clip shows her weakness as a politician vs Obama.

https://youtu.be/8S3ouw3Lr_4

Not really, its more that Bill Clinton became President without 30 years of Fox News/Republican hate spooge all over him yet.

Neither of them are particularly great policy-wise, but everybody's known Hillary has wanted to run for nearly two decades. She and Bill have been smeared as the literal Illuminati Hitler Nazi Devils for some 20-25 years. That's why you have normally level-headed people (Like my parents and a lot of other people's parents) having some weird SJW-esque knee-jerk triggered reaction as if Hitler himself was running.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Considering he got elected I'd say yes.

Hillary is unelectable, people just don't trust her. She wouldn't have done anywhere near as well as she did if her opponent wasn't Donald Trump and even then she still failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    trying too hard to be funny

and failing
    Funny? Do you try to find humor in every ambiguous explanation?

10+ Year Old Account
    He is infinitely more personable, that's for sure.

They are probably just as talented and influential as each other, however.

Bill Clinton is a stronger politician. He was likeable, was more relatable, came off as honest (even after the BJ thing, which was unbelievable he remained so favorable after that). Hillary has always come off an unlike able snobby bitch. Even back as far as when bill was back in his early political career.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Bill Clinton is a stronger politician. He was likeable, was more relatable, came off as honest (even after the BJ thing, which was unbelievable he remained so favorable after that). Hillary has always come off an unlike able snobby bitch. Even back as far as when bill was back in his early political career.
    Back then the rightwingers didn't have ten million fake news websites to tell them Bill Clinton was an Illuminati agent hellbent on devouring their souls and eating their children 24/7.

They just had reality to look at. And life wasn't so bad in the US in the late 90s. Bill's indiscretions, while a poor show of character, were entirely irrelevant to how good things were going at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    America was simply tired
    Trump got, what, 6 million less votes than when Romney lost in 2012? Clinton also won the popular vote by over 2.5 million. Between voter apathy and the Republicans desperately working to disfranchise millions of US citizens Trump was able to steal the election. I guess that's something to celebrate for people who hate the US and democracy but love them some Trump.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that Bill was actually like able than yeah he is more stronger. Everyone hates Hillary

10+ Year Old Account
    He has a dick and balls, so in the political world, yes. 100% better.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    He has a dick and balls, so in the political world, yes. 100% better.
    That's exactly why Bill Clinton was overall liked more than Hillary Clinton ever will. Yes. Darn Patriarchy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Eh, the GOP propaganda machine did a fabulous job
    You must have missed where the GOP establishment was against Donald J. Trump.

Hillary seems so bland and fake, it's cringe worthy just watching her speak. She has no charisma, its like watching a robot say programmed lines. On the other hand, Bill Clinton has charisma, seems trustworthy and even friendly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    Hillary seems so bland and fake, it's cringe worthy just watching her speak. She has no charisma, its like watching a robot say programmed lines. On the other hand, Bill Clinton has charisma, seems trustworthy and even friendly.
    Which is all well and good, but Hillary is in all fairness likely the smarter and more competent of the pair. Bill's primary draw in terms of actual policy was his ability to appoint good people to key positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Which is all well and good, but Hillary is in all fairness likely the smarter and more competent of the pair. Bill's primary draw in terms of actual policy was his ability to appoint good people to key positions.
    if she was smarter why did she lose to the worst nominee in history?
    why didn't she listen to Bill's advice and try to court the Bernie supporters instead of ignoring them?
    shes not as smart as she may appear, shes just constantly fed lines by people smarter than her.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    America was simply tired of the bullying of the radical liberal agenda.

And since Democrats are perfectly ok with allowing that doctrine to define their party any candidate they run would have lost.
    There's a radical liberal agenda?

If so, I missed the meeting. If I'd been there, we wouldn't have conspired to put Hillary at the front.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I think Hillary's intellectual capacity has diminished considerably since 2008. She's clearly not in the best physical condition and mental capabilities diminish rapidly with age if you don't maintain all aspects of your health. Bill's slightly older but definitely appears to be the intellectually stronger of the two. As an aside, I think Hillary would have easily beaten McCain in 2008 and if Obama had faced Trump this time around, it's pretty obvious he would have won by a landslide. The Democrats basically screwed themselves over. Republicans can successfully elect older candidates. Democrats have better success with younger candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    if she was smarter why did she lose to the worst nominee in history?
    why didn't she listen to Bill's advice and try to court the Bernie supporters instead of ignoring them?
    shes not as smart as she may appear, shes just constantly fed lines by people smarter than her.
    Because she had the issue of being called Clinton and the at this point the 25 years worth of attacks....Part of the baggae she had was because of Bill Clinton. Policy wise the power of the first lady is mostly limited to causes (like Michelle Obama's eating healthy cause), she may be able to influence her husband in XYZ but that is behind the scene's and not in the open. However in CLinton's case she did get ''blamed'' for the policies her husband pressed

Seriously when people say ''both candidates are just as bad'' when objectively you can say that isn't true then their is something wrong with your candidate (clinton). Democratic party should have never pushed for Clinton and they should have never scared away other potential candidates that would have beaten her (Warren and Biden).

Republicans aren't that much better mind you, people may have forgotten but at the start (and some even in 2012) the Republican party pushed for J. Bush.
    Last edited by ati87; 2016-12-05 at 08:15 AM.