Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    that sombra cosplay is spectacular. amazing effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly all Blizzard had to do to really address the situation is bring back reforging. I don't remember seeing anywhere that people was complaining about reforging, socketing ect. Honestly it was much more exciting getting a crap higher ilvl piece of gear cause reforging would make it a slight upgrade, now getting a crap higher ilvl piece of gear is the same as getting trash loot. I just dont get why do all the work they are doing in 7.1.5 when they can just flick a switch bring back reforging and that would fix it for everyone. Their biggest thing in removing reforging was that when you get an upgrade that it feels better just to equip it and go on. Actually it makes no difference. When you get an upgrade you have already killed the boss without the gear so waiting until you reforge it enchant it and gem it was not a big deal and did not take away from my gaming experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    a real hunter can only choose 2 specs..

blizzard no hunter want this melee spec!

hunter class design in legion are one of the greatest fail in wow!

but the hunters have learned to survive.. you stole us so much over the time..
    Have you ever had an opinion that wasn't awful? I have never seen you say a positive thing, and yet you have been here for years, bitching every day. Go do something else if you're unhappy with literally goddamn everything, it's pathetic.

I personally love the variety of having a melee spec, coming from a guy who has been a hunter since about two weeks after launch. A little variety never hurt anybody.

With respect to Survival Hunters and the discussion here in the comments, I agree that adding a melee spec to the class I've purposely played for 10 years to get away from melee was an unwelcome change from my point of view. As others have said, the perfect storm of Demon Hunter being added, melee still being disproportionately punished by encounter mechanics, and changing one pure ranged DPS class' spec to melee, in aggregate, was a fundamentally flawed strategy.

A potential solution, if Blizzard insisted on bringing back that type of functionality in the Survival role, would be making melee possible with an outlier combination of talents, similar to how it was with the original talent trees. Not mainstream, but certainly viable if you were curious enough to put that quirky mash-up of talents together. That would have been in the spirit of how Survival used to be without taking over a third of a ranged class' options.

$0.02.

Love SV Hunter!

If traps are SUCH an issue of contention for the other two bereaved specs, and such a delicate tuning knob for SV, I say abandon traps altogether, give MM/BM back everything they desire (traps, pets, etc) and break a little flavor to make SV more Dragoon-centric, with jumping downward smashes, and leaping thrusts, whirlwind spear twirls. Full ham

Deleted
    They just went full retard on this matter. Their goal is not to make characters weaker and make secondary stats less desireable, then they lower our ratings so we HAVE to get more secondary stats to get to the same level and with breakpoint specs this will be a fucking ordeal and we have to start gearing from scratch all over again ????? Profit. This change weill NEVER get us to equip an item 15 lvls above just because of primary stat, if it has useless stats, it doesnt go in the garbage now granted, but in to the bank to when we can get 3-4 more items of the same level so we can get THE FUCKING SAME values as we previously do in breakpoints. This whole idiotic thing will achieve exactly the opposite of what they think it will. Oh and what about dps requirements? Mythic ursoc needs a fair amount, not to mention freaking Guarm, I guess raiding just has to take a hiaetus until Blizzard sobers up.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Those specs have existed since Vanilla. Before a few months ago, no one thought to themselves, "Hmmm.......I really like playing melee, maybe I'll play a hunter and one day hope they'll make one spec melee."

It's about expectation of role and playstyle - people who picked hunter as a playstyle don't really want to play melee.
    Speak for yourself. I am overwhelmingly happy that Blizzard brought back melee abilities for hunters after literally removing the OG survival tree, and I'm glad that this playstyle divergence is able to exist happily in its own talent tree. I wish they'd do something similar for things like Gladiator Warriors or Shockadins.

Quote Originally Posted by zer View Post
    Yes yes more melee please ... the raids are melee starving!
    Don't you know it's World of MeleCraft for quite a while, anyway? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xcruiser View Post
    With respect to Survival Hunters and the discussion here in the comments, I agree that adding a melee spec to the class I've purposely played for 10 years to get away from melee was an unwelcome change from my point of view. As others have said, the perfect storm of Demon Hunter being added, melee still being disproportionately punished by encounter mechanics, and changing one pure ranged DPS class' spec to melee, in aggregate, was a fundamentally flawed strategy.

A potential solution, if Blizzard insisted on bringing back that type of functionality in the Survival role, would be making melee possible with an outlier combination of talents, similar to how it was with the original talent trees. Not mainstream, but certainly viable if you were curious enough to put that quirky mash-up of talents together. That would have been in the spirit of how Survival used to be without taking over a third of a ranged class' options.

$0.02.
    The 7.0 changes gave us Unholy DKs who were basically 1 core melee ability away from being a ranged spec.. maybe Survival could have been something like that but in reverse, with some optional melee-range talents to replace ranged abilities?

I very much liked the idea behind creating a melee spec for the hunter. I actually think that it was good while I leveled it(it was actually very powerful while leveling). I have no idea or nor do I really care to how it performs at end-game, but yes that is an issue that has to be dealt with nonetheless. Having 3 specs on a character and they all being the same, ie ranged or pure dps, I always thought that was such a weird design to begin with. The same of course applies to classes like the mage for example, they should have turned one of those specs into a healing or tank spec. The same goes with the rogue. The most important thing is to have the specs feel like a big difference and not just the same. A change like on the hunter made perfect sense to me and was something that should have been done long ago. I just hope they do something similar with the other 3 dps spec classes or preferably turn one of the specs into tank or healer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    It was a dumb idea to make Survival melee. They added yet another melee class to the game, and then what do they do? Removed a ranged spec to turn it into melee. They have yet to add a ranged DPS class since this game came out, but they've added plenty of melee. Would be nice to see that changed.
    I'm enjoying melee hunter so speak for yourself, thanks. If you want ranged hunter there is BM or MM. No problem.
    Survival hunter is ton of fun. MM is most boring spec on the earth and I need to play it for raids atm.

Quote Originally Posted by coood View Post
    I'm enjoying melee hunter so speak for yourself, thanks. If you want ranged hunter there is BM or MM. No problem.
    Survival hunter is ton of fun. MM is most boring spec on the earth and I need to play it for raids atm.
    I never said anything about the quality of the spec. I said it's dumb to remove a ranged spec when there's already so few of them compared to melee. As someone who's struggling to recruit ranged for my guild but is getting close to the point where we'll have more melee than we'll know what to do with, it's a problem. Turning Survival into an interesting new and different kind of ranged would've been preferable. Instead, they make another melee. It seems like it's decent, but it doesn't help this game's imbalance.
    Last edited by Jasper Kazai; 2016-12-04 at 02:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    I never said anything about the quality of the spec. I said it's dumb to remove a ranged spec when there's already so few of them compared to melee. As someone who's struggling to recruit ranged for my guild but is getting close to the point where we'll have more melee than we'll know what to do with, it's a problem. Turning Survival into an interesting new and different kind of ranged would've been preferable. Instead, they make another melee. It seems like it's decent, but it doesn't help this game's imbalance.
    But survival never was true raid spec, mainly used for PvP. So they would need to change it that way when you have already hunter raid spec (MM).
    And it is the same now, survival is great in arena but due to his mechanics not so viable in PvE so far.

I just don't see problem with one hunter spec being melee when you have other two ranged. It's not fault Blizz fault that people are playing melee even if you have less ranged specs in game which is right. If someone rly want to play ranged anyone can and don't tell me that survival being melee is such a breaking point.
    So many people were saying how survival is trash and they would never took him for raiding, always mm. And now it seems like there was no better spec in the game

I have no problem playing survival and MM both together. And most of people have more chars now, its completely upon them if they choose melee or ranged or both.
    Yes, ranged variety is not so rich as melee but it never will be.

But if Blizz going to add another spec into the game believe me it will be or at least will have option to be also ranged. I think they are aware of this situation.

Melee hunter would have been fine if it had been a tank. Ride a pet into battle, use your polearm like a medieval knight, abilities that let you jump on and off, or something, I dunno. Could have been really freaking fun and a unique twist on tanking.

Instead we got another melee class. And the class they added, which reasonably should have HAD a ranged spec (Demon Hunters throwing glaives using magic, etc)...didn't. Just another melee class and they had to stack it to the nines with cool shit they stole from other classes' specs so that it would be shiny for their new expansion.

I wouldnt really care about Survival existing as a melee spec except that they gutted the other two 'real' specs to give Survival tools. Which just made the whole class kinda fall over.