Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    our guild change that only 20 ppl can go heroic/mythic raids and they don't take anyone else even if there is free space so lfr is my only option now
    Mythic is 20 people maximum. You can't have any more go into mythic mode. As for heroic... they should be taking more people. The more people you bring into heroic the more gear the bosses drop so... They're really just screwing themselves. But mythic can only have 20 people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skrebulous View Post
    I'm happy with my loot pinata. If you guys wanna dedicate your lives to raiding and base your self-worth on it, that's your damage. But we're going into 2017 now and I'm pretty sure WoW has had LFR for longer than it was without it. Move on.
    I know plenty of people who have had cancer longer than they've lived without it but they don't stop trying to get rid of it cuz it sucks the life out of them just LFR sucks people out of attempting to raid. The game should have some incentive to actually get better and progress your skill. Also pugging is a thing you can do. Back in the day, casuals who could only play for a couple hours on occasion would find pugs to join. Maybe your Saturday was suddenly free. Log in and start a pug. Easy peasy. Very little actual time commitment other than the commitment of doing the equivalent work of wiping your own ass in WoW form in order to find 9 other people to raid with. Hell, I've seen people on my server asking for fill-ins to mythic raid progression. Just work on your skill/gear and find some groups to join without a committed raiding schedule. It isn't hard. LFR takes away the incentive to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    They'll remove LFR and make normal queuable eventually. It'll suck for the first two weeks or so and then it will be fine. LFR is for normal people who would never shackle themselves to an abusive raiding guild or jump through hoops for a player controlled pug.
    All they need to do is make it so there's a set minimum ilvl for Normal PUGs that people cannot set themselves, and they could just essentially remove LFR. The group finder would be just like it except people would have more control over if people AFK or troll and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Source for you BULLSHIT claim that lfr failed?

As Blizzard stated before LFR is the only reason you guys have mythic so be happy its there. it wont go away. just like flying stays
    You've already received your answer but I also want to clarify/point out a thing or two.

Blizzard actually said nothing about LFR being the reason mythic is in the game. They said it was the reason why MoP could have raids with so many bosses. Before LFR in Cata (and specifically Cata) we were getting raids with 7-8 bosses when we had previously been getting raids with 10+. In MoP, every raid tier had more than 10 bosses. They stated the reason why this was possible was LFR but it's probably bullshit if you ask me.

The raids were very large in Vanilla, TBC, and Wrath, dropped off in Cata, got larger again in MoP, continued in WoD... but look at the raids thus far in the expansion. Even with LFR in we're still getting shit for raid content in terms of actual bosses. EN has 7 and ToV has 3. Most raid tiers had more than that. Nighthold is sorta like it's own thing and that has 8 or 9 bosses I think. That's fine if you consider it actually being one tier but the Tomb of Sargeras is confirmed to have 8 or 9 bosses. Maybe this is just the failure of WoD coming to bite them in the ass but it seems like LFR is failing to do its job now. Unless the same number of people are still raiding LFR and then the development team is just being shit heads and skimping us on content. Who knows honestly?

You mention that flying is still in the game... I ask you this. Is it? Is it really? Because from what I can tell, we had to run around on our ground mounts until Tanaan opened up... and now we have to run around on our ground mounts until 7.2 opens up. Seems like they're restricting flying pretty heavily... almost like they could do by not releasing LFR versions of the raid until much, much later. You know... that sounds like a great idea Let's make it like flying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Your Imouto View Post
    All they need to do is make it so there's a set minimum ilvl for Normal PUGs that people cannot set themselves, and they could just essentially remove LFR. The group finder would be just like it except people would have more control over if people AFK or troll and such.
    This sort of idea is exactly what Ghostcrawler wishes he could go back and time and do to LFR. See above quotes.

Actually ML, raid content at the time was already justified. LFR allowed the devs to justify additional resources going into raiding. 16 boss raid tiers was unheard of and yet the devs delivered with the justification of LFR to take a larger chunk of the development resource pie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    whats the point of hating?
    Exacly
    Looks like people of Warcraft get bored and LFR hate topics start all over again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    Edit: This is not meant to be "qq" or anti-LFR. I've got no problems with it, I'm certainly not complaining, I'm just genuinely curious.
    Automated queue with no way for stinky snowflakes to deny you access to group content because your ilvl is low. It was the point of RF since Cata and the point of DF since LK and will remain so. Kthxbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Source for you BULLSHIT claim that lfr failed?

As Blizzard stated before LFR is the only reason you guys have mythic so be happy its there. it wont go away. just like flying stays
    Ghostcrawler has said this NUMEROUS times on twitter. He was leading the team that created LFR and he has said he regretted it and it was a bad choice a lot. He is actually free to speak his mind on the product since he no longer works for blizzard, though he still doesn't throw anyone under the bus and left on amicable terms. The guys still working for blizzard aren't going to openly criticize their product.

I mean you can't get any more "source" than the guy who literally created it.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

It's mainly used as a couple of things:

1- Teaches normal mechanics without having too much of a punishment when multiple people screw up. To some, this is "Practice Mode" to learning the fights so that they don't waste the guild's time when it comes to normal mode progression.

2- Makes a quick* and easy way to experience the story without waiting on guilds.

3-Legendaries.

Add to it that Blizz has no real pattern as to how they tune their fights, this system works. It adds a way for players to gear up, experience content and move on without the worry when a player screws up a mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Star View Post
    For people who are unable to complete current content on the easiest difficulty provided, it gives them a step down so they at least see the zones and bosses and get to press some buttons for a sense of satisfaction that they do not deserve.
    But, LFR is the easiest difficulty provided.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    ... He was leading the team that created LFR and he has said he regretted it and it was a bad choice a lot....
    He didn't say he regretted LFR, he said regretted how certain aspects were implemented.

LFR got one purpose, and have always had: So everyone can see, and clear current content, without having to invest enough time for raiding. I loved it back mid MoP, simply because I didn't have enough time to raid with my guild due to work and other IRL stuff. If it wasn't for LFR, I would most likely just have unsubbed and gone back later to check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    LFR sucks people out of attempting to raid.
    I don't care. Let your stupid hobby die if gear/titles/mounts aren't enough to get people to do it.

Deleted
    I can't wait for Nighthold LFR, oh boy, the tears about it dropping tier set will be enough to fill Mars surface!

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    He didn't say he regretted LFR, he said regretted how certain aspects were implemented.
    He has said that he regretted it. He has commented and mentioned LFR a dozen times, you'd have to check every message he posted on the matter and i'm certainly not going to go dig through his post history for it, especially when the denialists do whatever they can to twist, warp, and refuse to believe things put right in their faces. Complete waste of time. But if you want to actually know the truth of the situation, the info is there for you to find.

Like i've always told my little girl, i'm not going to do your homework for you, just point you in the right direction.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    I mean you can't get any more "source" than the guy who literally created it.
    Yeah it's such a devastating cataclysm, to have a passable excuse for burning money on raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Imouto View Post
    How? If a player determines who can be invited in the group, they can set any criteria, advertised or not. If they cannot select who gets in their group, then it is just LFD/LFR.

Look at the forum. There are so many posters that looks down on others who only run LFR. Do you think these posters who invite these players into their group? Probably not. They want to keep raiding exclusive. By that it means a very exclusive group that only certain people are invited.

That in generally, is not something I do not have a problem with. Raiding can be exclusive. The problem is beyond raids, Blizzard invest very little into anything else.

So Blizzards opens the raids to a wider audience and this angered some players.

When everyone is special, no one is.

It's a lot quicker to do LFR 3 bosses than LFG 3 bosses.

At least in my experience.

Most LFG's require you to be in comm's while LFR doesn't.

So bads can "learn" how to raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    EM Normal one shot group link curve 880+ low dps = kick, fail tacts = kick, i will check your armory, so it make take time

welcome to GF
    That is a lie not all of them require curve or 880+ I know there are some tho. Even if ppl require that you can easily find casual guild yourself. Like my guild recruits 850ilvl ppl and boost them in heroic for bolstering our mythic core team. LFR does not give you any benefit besides from legendary chance. You don't learn any tactic you don't get any good item it's basically a s***show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    EN Normal one shot group link curve 880+ low dps = kick, fail tacts = kick, i will check your armory, so it make take time

welcome to GF
    "Here's one group I saw one time in group finder, group finder is broken!"

Normal generally means:

- Know fights
    - Most people will be 860+ because someone is there to be carried

Since M+ gives well itemized gear and allows people to get to 850+ within hours of 110, maybe git gud and stop whining.

And knowing fights is as easy as watching a Fatboss Bitesize guide on YouTube.

It has literally never been easier to play your class to an acceptable level (150-200k dps), know fights, gear up, and raid normal.
    Last edited by Snuffleupagus; 2016-12-06 at 04:01 AM.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.