Ring of Collapsing Futures for Arms

Just got this, 870, no socket. Gave me 25K increase on Simulation Craft. It scales very well with CS and other buffs. However, it has a debuff that you can trigger the 15 sec CD to 5 min CD as a chance per use and the debuff lasts for 30 seconds. How do I use this? What are the chances per stack to trigger the 5 min CD? Should I macro it with my BC? I think it should absolutely be used inside CS window for maximum DPS. Anyways, any ideas or tips would be appreciated.

Just use it every 30 seconds to prevent triggering the 5 min CD.

I use it macro'd to Battle Cry, meaning it only ever gets an extra stack during Bloodlust and pretty much never triggers the cooldown. So far I've triggered the cooldown twice (in over a month of use), funnily enough the same night I had told people I had only triggered it once. Outside of Bloodlust you're never gonna get Battle Cry faster than 30 seconds, unless perhaps you have the MS gloves, so you can safely just macro it to Battle Cry.

I have a mate who uses it on cooldown a lot because he's a bit of a chancer, he said the highest he gets is 8 stacks without it triggering, but he often triggers it at 3 stacks. I don't recommend that option, but yeah if the RNG gods are kind to you I guess it could pay off once in a blue moon.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I use it macro'd to Battle Cry, meaning it only ever gets an extra stack during Bloodlust and pretty much never triggers the cooldown. So far I've triggered the cooldown twice (in over a month of use), funnily enough the same night I had told people I had only triggered it once. Outside of Bloodlust you're never gonna get Battle Cry faster than 30 seconds, unless perhaps you have the MS gloves, so you can safely just macro it to Battle Cry.

I have a mate who uses it on cooldown a lot because he's a bit of a chancer, he said the highest he gets is 8 stacks without it triggering, but he often triggers it at 3 stacks. I don't recommend that option, but yeah if the RNG gods are kind to you I guess it could pay off once in a blue moon.
    In my experience with the gloves I usually have to wait around 2-3 seconds for the debuff to drop once battle cry is back up and even longer during lust. I'm not sure if it's worth waiting for it or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have it macroed to BC. I've never had it put on CD during raid, although I have gotten 2 stacks before.

If it were put on CD, it is rather minor so I'd rather just macro it to BC and take the risk that I get unlucky during a fight where we lust on pull.

Is there a way to have a macro that won't use the ring if BC is still on cooldown? I often spam my BC right before it comes off CD.

Deleted
    Sort of related to this topic, how good is that ring actuall? I got one socketed and it think it must be better than any 880 ring

Gave me 25K increase on Simulation Craft.
    Did nobody notice this silly number?
    With crit+cs it'll do around 200k damage, every 30 secs, for 6-7k dps

It has haste, the only way it would sim 25k higher is if it put you over haste breakpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyzoh View Post

It has haste, the only way it would sim 25k higher is if it put you over haste breakpoint.
    Maybe he meant 2.5k. /shrug

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mondroid View Post
    In my experience with the gloves I usually have to wait around 2-3 seconds for the debuff to drop once battle cry is back up and even longer during lust. I'm not sure if it's worth waiting for it or not.
    Yeah with the gloves Battlecry will have roughly a ~28s cooldown, which obviously doesn't work well with a macro. I've personally just got Ring of Collapsing Futures on a separate hotkey, and it works well enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    anecdotal evidence here:

I use it often ... very often ... mostly going +2/3 stacks. Then wait 30 sec for the debuff to drop off. then go up to 2/3 stacks again.
    Yes, i've been unlucky and have gotten the 5min CD to trigger. However that happens to me very rarely almost never see that happen with 2nd stack.

Highest i've seen the stacks gone up to was i think 5 stacks before the 6th triggered the 5min CD. Granted i was very lucky there. It was fun to try it out It's fun to test on farm bosses.

In other words, i like the ring for me as a tank it give a rather nice dmg boost.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

The Arms Compendium suggests only using it when BC+CS are up (and you do not have the Ring Debuff) - it also contains a handy WeakAura for that.

This usage pattern is also performed by the newer (nightly) builds of simcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Tseng View Post
    The Arms Compendium suggests only using it when BC+CS are up (and you do not have the Ring Debuff) - it also contains a handy WeakAura for that.

This usage pattern is also performed by the newer (nightly) builds of simcraft.
    There is some issues with that though, you won't always have CS + BC with 100% certainty but you still need to use BC and can't afford to delay it, if you use BC but not the ring then by these conditions the ring is gonna sit there unused anyway for 30 seconds while you wait again for BC. Also, triggering the cooldown from 1-2 stacks is a very low chance, if you play that chance it and pays off (most probable outcome) it's a dps increase.

If you have the gloves it's a different story, since you will always have BC below 30s so you're gonna have to delay it. But without gloves a 2nd stack will only happen during Bloodlust, so it will only likely happen once in a fight.

Great arguments, if the "CS + BS" condition would cause the ring to be delayed >30s, it clearly is better to not waste the use.
    For evaluating "gambling" with stacks we would need some sort of statistical analysis of the reset chances (which I am not aware anyone has done yet).

Based on this my new guess for the best usage is:

* Without gloves - macro to BC
    * With gloves - use manually within the BC window trying to get no stacks (at the 3rd or 4th BC you can use it right at the beginning of the BC window, this will cause 1 stack and has only a minimal chance of disabling the ring, but enables safe use for the next 2-3 BCs)
    Last edited by Tseng; 2016-12-05 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyzoh View Post

I know it is, lol. Probably because my other ring was total garbage. Also with that ring I jumped to 20.43% haste. Maybe that was it? I'm not sure. But the ring is serious business if you can time it really well inside a CS window with BC up. I have it macro'd into BC and it's a charm. Without Avatar and inside a CS window, it hits for 188K crit. With Avatar, it goes up to 230-240K. I haven't tested it with Prolonged Power potions.

On another note, no 3rd legendary yet ... if I get that shit ring or shit amulet I'm so screwed because they're not upgrades at all. The amulet probably, but ... well .... who am I to complain when others got bad luck with legendaries? Urgh ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostas View Post
    Sort of related to this topic, how good is that ring actuall? I got one socketed and it think it must be better than any 880 ring
    It is amazing with a socket. On jewellry, a socket is worth 10-20 ilvls (depending on the stats and what you are comparing it to) because there are no secondary stats. Add to that the fact that the ring does ~1.25% of your damage on fights, and no other ring comes close except the legendary execute ring.

Socket on ring is worth just over 20 ilvl, if you're just counting stats. So assuming 2 rings with the same stats then an 860 + socket is very slightly better than an 880.

Quote Originally Posted by FASTFORCE View Post
    Is there a way to have a macro that won't use the ring if BC is still on cooldown? I often spam my BC right before it comes off CD.
    put it in your BC macro

Deleted
    Dont macro it on bc if you have the leg. gloves