I asked the Discord the other day for stuff that people would like to see in the guides.

I am extending that to here, so if there's anything you feel like the guide is missing, mention it here.

Deleted
    I would like to see references to videos of yours doing raids with the perfect rotation, on youtube, twitch etc. Maybe with an addon like TrufiGCD where we can see what exactly was pressed. Or maybe a youtube video where you correct someone's low MM dps on Mythic Ursoc etc. Or maybe just a written FAQ of usual mistakes of MM hunters who have low dps.

Just some ideas

For Mythic Guarm, i'm seeing a lot of hunters use True Aim over Lock and Load.

It's nice getting a Lnl proc during the headlong charge, but its also nice having 100% uptime of true aim on the boss.

Is this our new patchwerk?

No point going True Aim. One Frostlick and mistake and you lose the incredibly small DPS bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Odersky View Post
    I would like to see references to videos of yours doing raids with the perfect rotation, on youtube, twitch etc. Maybe with an addon like TrufiGCD where we can see what exactly was pressed. Or maybe a youtube video where you correct someone's low MM dps on Mythic Ursoc etc. Or maybe just a written FAQ of usual mistakes of MM hunters who have low dps.

Just some ideas
    i second this

Hey Azortharion
    Those stats weights you posted in guide for Pawn addon are all up to date? Nothing changed recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenislav View Post
    Hey Azortharion
    Those stats weights you posted in guide for Pawn addon are all up to date? Nothing changed recently?
    Check out Azortharions Youtube-Channel, he has uploaded a tutorial on how to simcraft your OWN statweights. It's nicely explained and everyone can reproduce it. It's the best method to get the most up-to-date statweights for your OWN character

Deleted
    Really? Cos when I told him this, he told me Im wrong, how his stat weights were "universal"

Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    Really? Cos when I told him this, he told me Im wrong, how his stat weights were "universal"
    In general, it's unlikely for your personal weights to vary so much from his (or any other hunters) weights as to make your gearing meaningfully different in any way. I've had my own weights side-by-side with his posted weights within pawn for some time, and they agree about 98% of the time. If the game gave you more freedom to have exactly the gear you want and exactly the stats you want, it might be a different story. Simming yourself shifts weights around in very minute amounts, generally.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    You're better off using the guide's stat weights than you are doing a shitty job of making your own. In your case, you were doing a shitty job.

Deleted
    Its suspiciously hard to sim, I agree! Does seem to work for me just fine though

The thing is that it is not really obvious whether a sim result you get is good or bad. It's just a set of numbers, there's no reference you can compare them to and be like "oh yeah this looks right", other than basics like Mastery nearly always being on top.

Has anyone been doing any research into what the most likely spec is come 7.1.5? Still keep rolling MM in the mean time?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahraa View Post
    Has anyone been doing any research into what the most likely spec is come 7.1.5? Still keep rolling MM in the mean time?
    In short as it currently stands with all 3 specs, Marksman is still pulling ahead.

Me personally I am just taking a safe route and getting BM up to 34 traits. Already got Marskman up to 37, so not losing out on a whole lot if it is still the go to spec once 7.1.5 launches.

I'm hoping MM pulls ahead, I'm not a huge fan of BM's wonky-as-shit pet AI.

Deleted
    Yeah, Im an avid BMer simply cos I like shooting stuff and controlling my pets to murder my enemies. Only real complaint I have (ignoring dps, cos blizz balances that in random dumb ways as we all know with the past 10years) is that Hati seems to permanently be passive, got to tell it to attack over and over again which is easily fixed with macros and that pets just get stuck on random crap, elevators, stairs, what have yous.

Other than that, they should make some form of blink strikes passive for it, to fix a lot of it. The old blink strikes we had with no CD would help a lot.
    Its either encounter design, or class design that IS a problem when fights like Helya pretty much disallows you to use pet classes.

I know we can "just respec" but the bottomline is that is not a fix. Its the same as telling Warlocks to roll another class because warlocks are weak, it doesnt work.
    Its not that extreme for many players because they are not at the bleeding edge of content, but encounters like Helya that flat out punishes you for being a pet class is bad encounter/class design, because numbers are one thing, stuff just not working on a fight is another.

Azor I was wondering

If I get a huge downtime between vulnerable windows (WB and Barrage CD)

Is better w8 the AA to proc even if I get focus capped ~ 2 3 sec

Or I can dare to dump a AiS w/o vulnerable? Just to not waste focus on overcap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    In short as it currently stands with all 3 specs, Marksman is still pulling ahead.

Me personally I am just taking a safe route and getting BM up to 34 traits. Already got Marskman up to 37, so not losing out on a whole lot if it is still the go to spec once 7.1.5 launches.
    I am doing the same, got MM and BM both at 33 now I think .

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    I asked the Discord the other day for stuff that people would like to see in the guides.

I am extending that to here, so if there's anything you feel like the guide is missing, mention it here.
    The guides have been a huge help, really appreciate them. That said, one thing I always am curious about are the different kinds of simulations that you run to determine stat weights. I use your numbers but am interested in learning your thought process behind the kinds of fights you sim/how you correct the results from sims for real life events since sims are in a vacuum. Itd be nice if you could include the stat weights right there on the stat priority page (along with pawn link) and then a little section giving insight into how you arrived at those specific values.

Hasn't he just recently uploaded a YouTube video where how to do pawn simulations is pretty much all covered?