Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    In the end you did get your cake. It may not have been of the flavor you wanted but you still got one.

There are a lot of players right now who have not even tasted cake. Think about that.
    That is why I dont complain and still love Legion as I said, but also it's more (for now) like a legendary beautiful looking cake but empty inside that you have to leave in your bags at the moment. But yes I dont say I deserve better or anything, just wanted to know how you guys who play a lot and got the same ones deal with that experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I might have wrote this topic a bit (a lot) too early after it happened, already feeling it doesnt matter that much after reading you guys and nearly all of you were exactly right on point about the feeling and how's the system at the moment. Thanks a lot for your input and point of view !

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Honestly, you SHOULD feel bad. It's a bad system.
    Herein lies the problem. It's all about player attitude.

Now I will agree with you: It is a bad system. But not for the reason you think. It's bad because a lot of players lack the emotional maturity to deal with these kind of items. Blizzard's mistake was in not properly considering how such players might react to the system or the prevalence of such players. This system was designed for people with a very different mindset and it doesn't really matter how well the system works for those players, as a game designer, designing a feature which results in a big backlash, even if the players themselves are 100% to blame, is bad design.

That being said, as someone who "gets" it, and as a result appreciates and actually enjoys the system (even though I am one of the unlucky people with only 1 legendary and one of the weaker ones at that), I personally am glad that they went ahead and implemented it. It annoys me far more that often we don't get to have nice things because of immature players and that game designers will tend to cater more to those people because people like me will accept it either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Herein lies the problem. It's all about player attitude.

Now I will agree with you: It is a bad system. But not for the reason you think. It's bad because a lot of players lack the emotional maturity to deal with these kind of items. Blizzard's mistake was in not properly considering how such players might react to the system or the prevalence of such players. This system was designed for people with a very different mindset and it doesn't really matter how well the system works for those players, as a game designer, designing a feature which results in a big backlash, even if the players themselves are 100% to blame, is bad design.

That being said, as someone who "gets" it, and as a result appreciates and actually enjoys the system (even though I am one of the unlucky people with only 1 legendary and one of the weaker ones at that), I personally am glad that they went ahead and implemented it. It annoys me far more that often we don't get to have nice things because of immature players and that game designers will tend to cater more to those people because people like me will accept it either way.
    It's all about the players? Um...no. The system is bad because it introduced even more RNG to a system which is already overburdened by too much RNG. On top of the fact that legendaries drop in a way which can't be targeted(such as with raids or dungeons), you also have the problem of some legendaries being clearly better than others.

If all legendaries were on par with each other this wouldn't be much of an issue. If legendaries dropped more frequently, this wouldn't be a problem. If characters weren't being boosted to such higher levels of perfomance on a single item, this wouldn't be a problem.

What about any of those problems makes it a "good" system? What is there that you "get" that everyone else isn't?

The problem is the system, not the players. The players are angry for VERY legitimate reasons, primarily being that the system to deliver legendaries into the player base is poorly designed on top of the legendaries themselves being poorly balanced(both with themselves and with other gear).

This isn't about emotional maturity. It's about Blizzard implementing poorly considered system into the game. It NEEDS to change in some way.

Deleted
    So you say you actually got a useful legendary. You're one of the lucky few, enjoy your above-average luck.

I just don't worry about that stuff. I would not spend 8+ hours a day on any video game.

all i can read is that you work towards something you shouldnt work. why? why the actual fuck man? whats wrong with you? if you get one fine, they are supossed to drop when you are "ENJOYING" the game content, NOT MEAN TO BE FARMED TO GET THEM.
    You are frustated because you realized you have done too much work for something you shouldnt. get over it and dont it never again. be smart.

Deleted
    You may be about to get battered if this thread carries on!

From where I am sitting it looks like you are complaining about being a lucky chap who got a decent legendary straight off the bat, but getting over the initial excitement of that has lead you to be disappointed with your third legendary.

I've played a tremendous amount of legion and been inordinately unlucky with my main character. Got my first legendary fairly quick (sephuz) immediately stopped playing the game for a few days whilst I contemplated being behind on meters forever, then fast forward the best part of 2 months of playing daily, loads of mythics, +10's every week and weekly clears of raids on multiple difficulties and I get Prydaz drop.

TLR
    Be happy with what you've got, 1 very good legendary out of 3 in relatively low "played time" is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    all i can read is that you work towards something you shouldnt work. why? why the actual fuck man? whats wrong with you? if you get one fine, they are supossed to drop when you are "ENJOYING" the game content, NOT MEAN TO BE FARMED TO GET THEM.
    You are frustated because you realized you have done too much work for something you shouldnt. get over it and dont it never again. be smart.
    So you get to judge others just because you're the type of guy who enjoys roleplaying and exploring in games? Guess what, there are people who enjoy grinding and getting the reward after putting in the work.

Quote Originally Posted by goriander View Post
    So you get to judge others just because you're the type of guy who enjoys roleplaying and exploring in games? Guess what, there are people who enjoy grinding and getting the reward after putting in the work.
    No you wrong, i hate exploring bs like a child, i only play this for raids.

and you are VERY wrong, legendarys are not supossed to be farmed because guess what, you cant target them, are a lot of them, and you dont want some of them. so beign smart, if you want to play, PLAY. if you get one, good. thats who it works.

No you wrong, i hate exploring bs like a child, i only play this for raids.

and you are VERY wrong, legendarys are not supossed to be farmed because guess what, you cant target them, are a lot of them, and you dont want some of them. so beign smart, if you want to play, PLAY. if you get one, good. thats who it works.
    There's nothing else to do at this point other than try to get legendaries. All my slots are 885+ except one trinket and one ring, I have 38 points in my MS artifact and 32 in OS but the only thing missing is even one decent legendary. What other content should I be doing to make further progress for my character other than m+ for legendaries?

There's nothing else to do at this point other than try to get legendaries. All my slots are 885+ except one trinket and one ring, I have 38 points in my MS artifact and 32 in OS but the only thing missing is even one decent legendary. What other content should I be doing to make further progress for my character other than m+ for legendaries?
    Who said that you should play 8 a day only for legendary farming? if you are already maxed out, maybe play the game for fun? this is getting more fun.

wow okay then, so this morning we've had people bitching about getting 4 legends that are all useless not damage based. We've now got someone complaining because they've got two utilities and one damage,

I seriously hope blizzard goes back to wraths model of legends, you actually have to do something constructive, hard and long to get one. They were inindaited with people moaning only a fraction of people on each server had shadowmourne, now they try something new and the whining is so hard on a daily basis.

And yes, I do have one, its a Sephyrs, you know what? I don't care I'm just grateful I've got one

- - - Updated - - -

You do what you do every, other, fucking, expansion. You carry on raiding with your guild until new content comes out / afk in the content drought . The only way legion is different is you've actually got a chance to get a random, better item even at max content.

Who said that you should play 8 a day only for legendary farming? if you are already maxed out, maybe play the game for fun? this is getting more fun.
    My idea of fun is progressing my character and maximizing my dps output in raids.

May I ask what's your definition of having fun? Doing LFR and normal dungeons to show off your shiny gear doing 600k dps when the next guy on the meters is doing 200k? Going to Goldshire on Argent Dawn and telling everyone about your adventures? Soloing old content to see how powerful you are when even the strongest dragons have nothing on you?

My 1st legendary was Sephuz, then i got Prydaz. Yes it sucks to not have gotten a class specific legendary, but i know ill eventually get one. I dont play this game to acquire legendaries. I think that's a lot of players problem is that they log on every day doing their emissary and mythics in hope to get one and then dont. I find it best to just play, do what you like to do and if you so happen to get a legendary then great. If not, then keep doing what you like to do in game, one will come in time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldorhan View Post
    Hello, I love Legion dearly, but, I got Prydaz necklace and a useful legendary (hunter belt) after the first months of the expansion.

After that I kept farming everyday many WQ, many M+, Kara/Nightbane, all of the raids, LFR, NM, HC, both EN and ToV, after weeks and months of farming, I finally got another one today... Sephuz... I feel really bad about that, after all of these efforts, getting an item that will sit in my bags... no useful stats, nor primary or secondary, all of those hours for that... and now the "bad luck protection" is reset for another 1 or 2 months or so, playing since vanilla and I love legion, but getting the 2 worst and useless legendaries as my first ones out of 3, when other people will get it at the end of the xpac only , this is like a 2 years win dps wise but also satisaction to get an orange wise, after all this work I put in,

I really feel no motivation anymore since this morning playing, I wanted to know how do you guys feel about that and deal with this frustration if you too got both Prydaz and Sephuz.

TLDR : Got Prydaz and Sephuz after a lot of farming everyday (8h+daily) for months, dealing with frustration and thoughts about that

EDIT : Well I might have wrote this topic a bit (a lot) too early after it happened, already feeling it doesnt matter that much after reading you guys and nearly all of you were exactly right on point about the feeling and how's the system at the moment. Thanks a lot for your input and point of view !
    I've done 848 mythic +, cleared mythic,heroic and normal (normal first 2 weeks because its too boring) EN since week 1, cleared normal/heroic ToV every week and 2/3 mythic. I do my cache and daily hc. What legendaries do I have? Prydaz, Sephuz and a headpiece that only gives me any value (other than stats) if there are lots of adds to aoe (7+ adds).
    I spent guarm mythic progression 70k dps lower than my competitors of the same class having BiS legendaries. The only reason why I wasn't benched was because I still do over 400k dps in that fight, thanks to snapshoting chaos blades (dh havoc).

How do I cope with this? I dont, I just don't care anymore -> Apathy. If they drop, they will drop, if not, nothing changes. I will still play my game. The thing I personally dislike about legion is this legendary system. If they can't be exclusive, then just don't make legendaries at all, just make epics related to exclusive classes.

Making things this powerfull not exclusive(like old legendaries were class/weapon specialization exclusive and required a guild effort for weeks to get it for 1 guy), inmediately becomes mandatory for competitive players. Since most players follow sheep mentality, this spreads and also not-so competitive players believe is mandatory, and its a vicious cycle as it continues spreading throughout the playerbase, because lets face it, most people might not be competitive in macro sense, but they at least want to be better than the people they surround themselves with.
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2016-12-05 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    You do what you do every, other, fucking, expansion. You carry on raiding with your guild until new content comes out / afk in the content drought . The only way legion is different is you've actually got a chance to get a random, better item even at max content.
    Every other expansion was different. There was no RNG jackpot that boosted your dps by 15%. I've done a shit ton of content yet I have less legendaries than most people who only log in to do their daily emissary quests and LFR once a week.

The most fun in raiding after progression in previous expansions was getting top rank logs. How am I supposed to do that now when I'd do 75k more dps with two pieces of gear that some people already have?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's all about the players? Um...no.
    Yes it is. I don't even need to um before it's that obvious.

The system is bad because it introduced even more RNG to a system which is already overburdened by too much RNG. On top of the fact that legendaries drop in a way which can't be targeted(such as with raids or dungeons), you also have the problem of some legendaries being clearly better than others.
    So why is any of this actually a probrem? I'll tell you why. It's because some players can't handle it.

If all legendaries were on par with each other this wouldn't be much of an issue. If legendaries dropped more frequently, this wouldn't be a problem. If characters weren't being boosted to such higher levels of perfomance on a single item, this wouldn't be a problem.
    Or, you know, if players could be trusted to be mature about how they approach the game, there would be zero problem.

What is there that you "get" that everyone else isn't?
    1) The game is played to have fun doing stuff. Getting gear/rewards is nice, but mostly it's purpose is to help you accomplish the stuff you find fun.
    2) Raiding is a group activity. It's not about who does the biggest numbers, it's about whether the group kills the boss. So in any group you expect a spread of legendary luck, with some people getting the BiS, while others get things like Sephuz, and some maybe dont' get any.
    3) Raiding a social activity. That means that you don't just kick a member because he/she got unlucky with their legendary drops. It's a dick move.
    4) If your group does bench you because of this, then that's a good reason to go find a better group

Even for groups consisting of the top 0.5% of players where one could argue that legendaries are important, the number of players who are going to get unlucky enough to be legitimately benched because of this is only going to be a tiny fraction. And let's be honest, at that level of raiding, someone is going to be benched anyway probably due to some arbitrary difference in luck, so the fact that this tier it happens to be the legendary is pretty irrelevant anyway.

The problem is the system, not the players. The players are angry for VERY legitimate reasons, primarily being that the system to deliver legendaries into the player base is poorly designed on top of the legendaries themselves being poorly balanced(both with themselves and with other gear).
    After more than a decade playing this game I have come to the conclusion that a certain type of player is ALWAYS going to be angry about something. And these players are ALWAYS convinced that their gripe is totally legitimate. And almost always, without fail, they're wrong.

This isn't about emotional maturity. It's about Blizzard implementing poorly considered system into the game. It NEEDS to change in some way.
    You have a choice. Keep telling yourself that. Repeat it in an echo chamber of similar thinking people, and get all worked up and angry about it. Or consider my viewpoint and free yourself to go out and actually enjoy the game. After all, what else is the point?

I deal with it by not giving a shit

Started playing at launch, kept up with mythic raiders for first two weeks, time lapsed 1 week after EN came out mythic, resubbed last week, in total I have done 3 m+, 4 raids, 17 mythic dungeons, 20+ Emissary 30+ Heroics

No legendary, hell, I barely even get gear, it doesn't matter.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

So why is any of this actually a probrem? I'll tell you why. It's because some players can't handle it.
    Some people can't handle being punched in the face, either. That doesn't mean the problem is with the person. Generally speaking, punching someone in the face, or getting punched, isn't ideal.

Some people CAN handle it, of course, and even do it as a job(and make LOTS of money in the process!). That doesn't mean it's good, it just means those individuals are good at handling such things. In this case...getting punched in the face. The majority of people are not good at such things.

While some people might be able to handle the RNG of legendaries, and even thrive on it, for the most part it's not really that good of a system.

1) The game is played to have fun doing stuff. Getting gear/rewards is nice, but mostly it's purpose is to help you accomplish the stuff you find fun.
    2) Raiding is a group activity. It's not about who does the biggest numbers, it's about whether the group kills the boss. So in any group you expect a spread of legendary luck, with some people getting the BiS, while others get things like Sephuz, and some maybe dont' get any.
    3) Raiding a social activity. That means that you don't just kick a member because he/she got unlucky with their legendary drops. It's a dick move.
    4) If your group does bench you because of this, then that's a good reason to go find a better group
    While I don't entirely disagree, these sound more like your personal playstyle than actual arguments. Fun is purely subjective. Not all groups value the same things you do. Some social activities involve competing for position, or kicking people who don't fit with the criteria of their group. Some people value the best-geared or highest ilvls as the "better group".

Your values =/= everyone's. Neither are wrong, or bad. While you might be ok with the effects of Legendaries on the group dynamic, MANY MANY other people are not. From your point of view, no change to the current system would even effect you at all. So why argue against changes which would improve the experience for others?

After more than a decade playing this game I have come to the conclusion that a certain type of player is ALWAYS going to be angry about something. And these players are ALWAYS convinced that their gripe is totally legitimate. And almost always, without fail, they're wrong.
    Fallacy. Just because someone is angry or complaining doesn't mean they're wrong, even if it annoys you. Just because one person might be wrong doesn't mean that everyone who brings something up is also.

You have a choice. Keep telling yourself that. Repeat it in an echo chamber of similar thinking people, and get all worked up and angry about it. Or consider my viewpoint and free yourself to go out and actually enjoy the game. After all, what else is the point?
    I never stated any views on whether or not I enjoyed the game because of legendaries. Nor did I state that I was angry about the subject.

As to what the point is? Again...fun is subjective. It sounds more like you are just more accepting of things than most WoW players. That doesn't make the ones who don't play the same way as you wrong, or less mature. It just means they want different things out of the game...such as to not have their enjoyment spoiled by a bad system of drops which has managed to get even worse than previous systems of obtaining gear.

Are you playing the game just for a Legendary? If not, which cares? You can only equip 2, all that work was only for. Itching if you don't use AP and just farm the gold and order resources. If you only play the game for that reason then there is even less reason for you to care what you get because you'll never need any of them.