Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by karumayu View Post
    A better response to that posters feedback would be to emphasize the Tear when its being stolen, not take it all the way to corny supervillains.
    @Tripzzz: I enjoyed his comics, but I was really young back then and as we grow older taste and humor do change as well. I think we are all forgetting that there is a segment that does enjoy memes, light hearted and silly bits of lore, which obviously is not something the majority is interested in here. His work on WoW was a mixed bag and as many have said MoP and even some lore in WoD was quite enjoyable.
    It was emphasized. What do you think we were doing in Val'sharah anyway? Why do you think we needed to go into DHT? What do you think killed ysera? He thought it was a piece of the nightmare but she's been dealing with that shit forever, it was obviously something more powerful. It's the main reason we were in that zone.

The only way to emphasize it more than that is to have a corny supervillain who explains all of his plans, why he's doing them and what's going to happen when he succeeds. That's how this shit happens man. Like how did @Jester Joe you think we got the tear stone anyway?anyway? This post was about you so I want you to know you're being mentioned.

Hopefully Kosaks love child, sylvanas will soon join him as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that the main instigator of the WoW crap-lore has embarked on projects much more in accordance with his true desires (create more crap-lore, reaching levels even further than "One night in Kharazhan" or "Ragnaros, Lightlord") perhaps it's the moment to make non-canonical all the events since Cataclysm...

All has been a dream. The Lich King has just been defeated, our mission: enter into the Deepholm in order to extract the corruption of Deathwing and thus avoid the cataclysm!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I've always been kind of skeptical of the tendency for the playerbase to totemize specific people on the Blizzard development and treat them as the origin of *all* the game's ills or as their personal bogeyman of some kind. Be it Metzen, Street, or Kosak - people seem to think these individuals exist in a vacuum and somehow direct aspects of the game unilaterally. They lead teams who all contribute to the game as a group, and their particular imprint on the game is actually more high level or overarching concepts than the very specific aspects the players often roast them over. WoW, like all games, is the product of many development teams working together with varying degrees of smoothness to create the final product under discussions: class balance, narrative flow, gaming systems, etc. You can certainly love or hate those things, or any degree of emotion in between, but trying to pin them on a single individual doesn't strike me as a fair or applicable approach.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If that ever happens I'd dance a jig. In before her fanbois come after you
    Let them come!

The sha of butthurt hungers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Whoever handled Legion's story needs to stay. That was prime.
    Buahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender Kalec View Post
    Yeah, no. That's not how it works.

YOU prove yourself worthy first for the pay you receive, THEN you get paid what you asked for.

Now in order for them to give you that pay, you should show them some accolades. Forget them. Can you share some of your amazing achievements/accolades with us?
    You're adorable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    You're adorable.
    "You're adorable".

I don't know where you came from, but Kalec is right, usually you must do something in order to get your payment (with few exceptions of course [see medics, lawyers etc] but writer isn't one of them).

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    thank god that douche is gone
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    "You're adorable".

I don't know where you came from, but Kalec is right, usually you must do something in order to get your payment (with few exceptions of course [see medics, lawyers etc] but writer isn't one of them).
    I did not say I had to be paid up front. I am saying that if you want to pay me his salary, I will gladly write a better story.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I'm interested in who will take his place, and subsequently blamed for everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Good riddance. At this point, it doesn't matter who they replace him with. Anyone with an IQ above room temperature would be able to take the story in a better direction.

It's just a pity that he worked on WoW at all. Not only are we stuck with his idiocy being canonized, he also helped turn this game into World of Memecraft.
    100% agreed! A lot of his story decisions were bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    100% agreed! A lot of his story decisions were bad.
    You, and the person you quoted, are why I hate people that act the way you do.

Think on that for a bit. You deserve time to reflect on your attitude, and who you agree with.

Honestly, that type of mentality is a cancer on the world.

If he is the guy that was responsible for the lore post-WotLK, then all I can do is be glad about this.

The post-WotLK period is when lore started making less sense with each passing expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    almost 2017 people still be bitching about Thrall, he made Less than Tirion on LK but i didn't see anyone bitching about him rofl, Cataclysm Lore was pretty descent Without counting the end, the final was "meeh" and dragon soul shit

Pandaria Lore was really good, but the final was also shit, SoO is something who should never existed

i mean, he made good thinks, but overall in the balance... the bad things have more Weight
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2016-12-05 at 02:52 PM.

Pandaria is basically an Easter egg turned into an entire expansion for marketing purposes. The sillyness attained a whole new level the moment that expansion was announced; pandas, rabbits for dungeon bosses, Horde-alligned monkeys, Pokemon-like pet features and much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    almost 2017 people still be bitching about Thrall, he made Less than Tirion on LK but i didn't see anyone bitching about him rofl, Cataclysm Lore was pretty descent Without counting the end, the final was "meeh" and dragon soul shit
    Might have something to do with Aggra and her GOEL GOEL GOEEEEEL. If it hadn't been for that quest line I'd bet he wouldn't get so much flak.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    If he is the guy that was responsible for the lore post-WotLK, then all I can do is be glad about this.

The post-WotLK period is when lore started making less sense with each passing expansion.
    Release Naxx. Go to Outland and kill 2 heroes that most people liked, but 1 was a setback, and the other is being revealed as one of the worst decisions the game has made (illidan). Then you deal with space goats crashing on Azeroth, and Blood Elf magic addition being put into place and Blood Paladins as you defend the world from another huge fucking Eredar demon lord, while they introduce a species of light beings.

I'd say that MoP was a far more cohesive story than TBC, and the only reason that Wrath was even considered cohesive was because it's groundwork was laid out in 2002 and 2003 with WC3 and WC3x2.

Cataclysm was a fine idea, and was mostly to help create a better leveling experience. Going into WotLK they realized that player churn was catching up and they needed to address the starting zones to make the game feel better. The zones for the most part were great, with Uldum being my favorite zone in the entire game.

MoP was one of the most cohesive stories I've seen, but they tried to jack up the stakes and the "never seen before" when raiding Org. Otherwise the expansion was a delight.

WoD wasn't very good, but if you look back on WoD, I think it is one of the best opportunity cost tech demos I've seen seen. They used all the money they got from the subs to implement a ton of new tech into the game that is being used in Legion to great effect.

Kosak didn't do a bad job on MoP and we can't know how much was already in place story wise before he got a hold of things. You didn't see his first major character (Black Prince) until MoP, and people gave the game so much shit for lolPandas it probably reflected poorly on him.

Furthermore, there is a lot of details straggling about in the hands of Metzen, Alex A, and Matt Burns who is writing the WoW Chronicle books.

This is great news! Screw him and his orc fetish/time travel BS.
    Last edited by lockybalboa; 2016-12-05 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Release Naxx. Go to Outland and kill 2 heroes that most people liked, but 1 was a setback, and the other is being revealed as one of the worst decisions the game has made (illidan). Then you deal with space goats crashing on Azeroth, and Blood Elf magic addition being put into place and Blood Paladins as you defend the world from another huge fucking Eredar demon lord, while they introduce a species of light beings.
    Those "space goats" are not an Easter egg though, because you've seen a demonic "space goat" as the key antagonist of Warcraft III that set forth innumerable scenarios which players are still playing through.

Naaru were a great addition as they go hand in hand with the draenei' arrival and the whole mistery about their whereabouts made them even better; it is actually with Legion that players started disliking Naaru due to the entire Xe'ra scenario where a Naaru forces us to have compasion with a guy that committed heinous crimes on his quest to destroy the Burning Legion.

All in all, TBC was the first expansion they made and considering how they've had absolutely no experience when it comes to releasing expansions, they've done a tremendeous job. Compare that to a team that had everything handed to them on a platter, yet managed to mess things up.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-12-05 at 02:55 PM.