10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    Can anyone give me any advice on which NA server is the most active? I'm coming back and I'm tired of being on a server where I am regularly grouped with people I can't understand so I'm thinking of server transferring to a server that's natively English instead of a Japanese server but I have no idea what one would be best. I don't want to go from a high population server to a low population one
    Somewhere on aether adamantoise or jenova are nice

Reason I say this is because they are adding cross server party finders and one or two of the largest servers are in this datacenter

Other thing is the highest pop ones ate usually locked so transfers are the only way on.

Sooo you will indeed get plenty of people to run with

Deleted
    God...just wanting to throw this out, but I'm already hyped about the new expansion, I know that by then I won't be playing WoW anymore and since they want to upgrade the combat, they'll hopefully make combat movement look a bit better without the PS3 holding everything back. Skating around on the ground is killing it for me a little.

Crossing my fingers so hard here. I love it that they won't force you through the story. I wonder how they'll tackle that. A free lvl 60 class maybe? Probably not.

My biggest hope for the expansion is updated character models and/or increased options for character creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    My biggest hope for the expansion is updated character models and/or increased options for character creation.
    Only if they let us keep the old ones because Derplander.

10+ Year Old Account
    After how WoWs updates turned out, I hope they'll never touch my kitty, as she is pretty much perfect now.
    Options are fine but don't fix what ain't broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like alot of people are going NMS and hyping themselves more then they should

The combat revamp likely would be as intense as people think and a graphics overhaul I doubt is coming

Yeah no way its going to be some grand combat overhaul. It'll probably be more in line with what WoW did with ability restructuring in Legion.

My biggest wish is they remove some of the clunk from the game. Its probably the biggest downside the game has is that it just feels clunky at times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Yeah no way its going to be some grand combat overhaul. It'll probably be more in line with what WoW did with ability restructuring in Legion.

My biggest wish is they remove some of the clunk from the game. Its probably the biggest downside the game has is that it just feels clunky at times.
    They did say they are changing how cross class skills work and how certain skills might be integrated into others

Warriors are getting a bar to use instead of stacks to we charge the bar by using skills abd I guess it varies attacks by stance. So just a ui change but naybe more.

But I do feel people expect more speedy combat ir other massive overhauls

Deleted
    I'm only looking for a better server tick rate (so that people won't glide over the ground and accelerate/decelerate as if they are on skates) and the removal of the 1-2-3 - 1a-2a-3a rotations. They became somewhat silly in HW imho.

Especially for DRG. Easy to play, but the bloat was real.

We might see less zoning and stuff like that too. Maybe we won't see the old Capitals being changed into a single zone, but the new one in Stromblood might be a single-big zone this time.
    Little things like these add up and honestly, it's *very* annoying that you have a "upper/lower"-zone in Ulduar, Limsa, Shroud and even in Ishgard. It feels like it actually wasn't that way at first and they had to redo them for the PS3.

edit: And didn't they mention that the PS3 is the reason why the UI is so awkward?
    Can you imagine FFXIV with a good UI?!
    Well, I can't, but MAYBE?!

How much RAM does the PS3 even have? 256MB + 256MB? The PS4 5(8)gig+ shared ?
    It's unbelievable that this game even works on the PS3 right now imho.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-05 at 02:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    The combat revamp likely would be as intense as people think and a graphics overhaul I doubt is coming
    I merely expect some pruning and streamlining of stats and abilities.

Doubt they'll redesign how combat works. Oo

As for the GFX overhaul: I honestly don't see the need at all. Even WoWs "brand new" models are still visually inferior to what FF-XIV characters look like.

What I do hope we gain from dropping the PS3 is:
    less loading screens / bigger zones.
    For instance: I'd really like it if capital cities weren't divided into sections any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    Can anyone give me any advice on which NA server is the most active? I'm coming back and I'm tired of being on a server where I am regularly grouped with people I can't understand so I'm thinking of server transferring to a server that's natively English instead of a Japanese server but I have no idea what one would be best. I don't want to go from a high population server to a low population one
    If you're going to be paying to transfer, Balmung and Gilgamesh are by far and away the most populated of the NA servers. Balmung is more RP centric, while Greg is where most raid-oriented folks have flocked to. Balmung is the "ERP 24/7 errywhere" cesspool that it's often mocked for being, but if raid progression is of importance to you, Greg would be where I would look to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

As for the GFX overhaul: I honestly don't see the need at all. Even WoWs "brand new" models are still visually inferior to what FF-XIV characters look like.

For instance: I'd really like it if capital cities weren't divided into sections any longer.
    Apparently that and the way zones work are hardcoded so I don't see it happening for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Apparently that and the way zones work are hardcoded so I don't see it happening for a while.
    Figured as much. Probably too much work for a minor convenience, similar to flying in Exodar / Silvermoon. More likely that we see it in new city hubs.

We should be getting the in-game Christmas event very soon. I love it when the cities/housing districts are decorated for seasonal events.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

All I want from a graphical upgrade is better in-game AA. That's the worst part about FFXIV when it comes to graphics. That and maybe better lighting during day time but that's not as bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    We should be getting the in-game Christmas event very soon. I love it when the cities/housing districts are decorated for seasonal events.
    Here's Christmas outfit for this year: http://i.imgur.com/wCccbwi.png (female, at least).

All I want from a graphical upgrade is better in-game AA. That's the worst part about FFXIV when it comes to graphics. That and maybe better lighting during day time but that's not as bad.
    I want better shadow blending. In some instances and raids even with Shadows maxxed out the character shadows look all messy. Not my PC either.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I want from a graphical upgrade is better in-game AA. That's the worst part about FFXIV when it comes to graphics.
    *shrug*
    I use Re-Shade FX-AA. Can't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I want better shadow blending. In some instances and raids even with Shadows maxxed out the character shadows look all messy. Not my PC either.
    Yeah this either but I think this is partly also because of the crappy lighting.

*shrug*
    I use Re-Shade FX-AA. Can't complain.
    I'd rather a built in one ;>.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I would like them to fix are the water reflections being dependent on you actually seeing the stuff that is reflected.
    Quite odd. A mountain should reflect on a water surface, whether I have it in my FoV or not.