7+ Year Old Account
    done with the placement matches, 2153 SR.
    what happens the very next match?
    oh ye, a "fuck you asshats" widow that doesnt want to change including a useless junkrat and some russian guy yelling at our soldier for god knows what reason in an hilarious russian accent.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Pharah main here. There's not many maps with very heigh ceilings. Eichenwalde is one of the few with maybe Numbani aswell. Can leave all KotH maps out of it.

Height isn't good as Pharah, then you're just dealing damage, and nobody cares about doing damage. I just plummet down from the sky and kill squishies, dependable on what I am up against. With further range comes less accuracy. Sure it makes it harder for McCree to hit you as a Pharah, but unless you're lucky, you won't take him out either. The only benefit I get as Pharah is being able to flank better and fly over rooftops better.

Dealing with Genji's is easier for me now though.

I also just finished my placement ranking. Almost ended up at 3300. I ended at Master ranking previous season (Never played S1). My 3 buddies ended up in Silver and 1 in Platinum, all more than 1000 points below me. I played 8 out of 10 games as Pharah, won 6 and lost 4. Now I'm a better player than my friends I grouped up with but even then, the difference is insane. I think being DPS and actually doing well will net you more points than playing support or healer. Can anyone else confirm who was in somewhat the same situation?

I absolutely abhor Placement Matches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I find most Ana's have to focus on what's going on in the ground game to heal her team and don't spend a lot of time shooting into the sky. Zen works well because he can heal without focusing on who he is healing.

I'm finding that I am saying, "Someone needs to counter that pharah." Far more than any other counter in my games and she can very quickly turn into a never ending stream of ults as so few characters have the reach to deal with her efficiently. I mean I do love abusing the shit out of her but I don't want to see one on my opponents team.

Maybe another character with a jump pack and a rifle with 3 round bursts weapon to make sky battles more interesting? Pharah v pharah is a pretty shitty match. Or maybe someone with a tether attack which keeps players from moving very far and grounds flyers?

I still think there is room for another Pharrah counter character, so many characters just have no answer for her her height advantage. Mcrees shots are slow and at long range lose their punch and if you miss any it takes way too long to bring her down.

76 seems to be the counter to pretty much everything now that he chews up rhardt shields.
    well, lets be honest here, someone has to baby sit that pharah on the enemy team. She can't escape line of sight easily and will always eat some shots while she escapes, and hitscans will at some point get to her.
    I agree however, we actually could use another high n' above character, they are cool and can do some seriously annoying stuff.

As Ana, I don't really have any trouble against her, but I'm also the strongest tank healer in if I pick her, not healing is like not doing it right and I hate it when I run out of bullets because I tried to hit that Pharah 3-4 times. That reload animation is killing me sometimes (or rather, my teammates)

won 8/10 matches and got gold

hmmm

I guess no playing season 2 set me back from my rank
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

My career profile says I still have a rating of 56, so I'm not sure what any of you in the quadruple digits are complaining about.

I've been running a lot of mercy in solo heal scenarios. I usually ran Ana or Lucio but I find that most people are too stupid to kill me and rez is literally a game changer.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Also running into a lot of three tanks comps on the other team (D.Va, rein and Hog), what do you counter that with?
    Reaper, Bastion, Widow comes to mind at least. All three are very strong tank killers, Widow naturally being by far the hardest one to actually pull off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Reaper, Bastion, Widow comes to mind at least. All three are very strong tank killers, Widow naturally being by far the hardest one to actually pull off.
    Pharah and Junk should do okay as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    reinhardt: *charges into enemy*
    *reinhardt almost dies*
    *puts up shield*
    "i need healing"
    mercy (me): "understood!" *lshift* *starts healing*
    reinhardt: *put shield off* *starts attacking with barely any health* *dies*
    reinhardt: "WTF MERCY! NO HEALS!?!?!?"

mercy (me):
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-12-02 at 04:51 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

This season the rating system seems lower, my low last season was 1500 ive been as low as 1182 s3 lol. Working my way back up now solo queue, guess my goal is gold lol.

Whats the fucking point with the placement matches since it apparently only puts you at near the same rating you were previous season. I had 2700 SR s2 and just placed 2800 with 10-0 placement matches. Played support and got 2-3 golds every game and a few potg's as lucio and still this shit. No point

The placement system is awful. I was 2500~ last time around. This time during my placement matches I had two groups ruined by trolls (Symmetra with a teleporter at a cliff edge) and another by people leaving. I wish they'd switch to a system that judges on wins alone - putting an emphasis upon player performance and how they contributed to the the overall game.

Blergh. It's especially irritating as I was the only one willing to go support in the majority of cases too.

Deleted
    Not sure if this placement match system is actually working... I'm up to 3000 now and I was placed at 2200ish after the placement matches and it's been a stomp almost all the way to 3000 now...

7+ Year Old Account
    im on a fucking great killstreak, 7 games won in a row, i think one more game and im in platinum again!

- - - Updated - - -

and, im so into soldier right now.
    daddy:76 is my new main.

they turned him into a beast, its fucking insanity.
    every single match i end up with several golds.

- - - Updated - - -

now i can rest in peace
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-12-04 at 01:08 AM. Reason: typo

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Zarya is stronger than ever with her beam fix, and there's not a single character I feel comfortable going after her with. Fucking sick of her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the new season seems exactly like the last one to me.

Gotta love griefers who threaten you that they'll purposely troll and play poorly/pick
    poorly if YOU pick a character they don't like (typically a defense character like Torjborn
    or Symmetra).

10+ Year Old Account
    Not been feeling too good the past few days so took a bit of a break from OW to play Diablo instead; decided to make a Demon Hunter, and now I'm mumbling 'DIE DIE DIE!' a lot while I use strafe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Well, the new season seems exactly like the last one to me.

Gotta love griefers who threaten you that they'll purposely troll and play poorly/pick
    poorly if YOU pick a character they don't like (typically a defense character like Torjborn
    or Symmetra).
    There will always be douchenozzles; it's an online game. Just report them. That's the ONLY way we can get rid of them in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I know. I just hope that it actually DOES something. Even if it isn't right away.