Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Huln Highmountain - Why don't we just res this guy or something?

I mean scoreboard; the dude mowed down Legion like it's nothing, was such a badass that he got blessings of Malorne and Cenarius, murdered Tichondrius like it ain't a thang, banished Deathfuckinwing off his own lair and the list goes on and on.

He's the hero Azeroth deserves!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    He is, instead we get Malfurion and Jarod.... RIP Huln, you're missed

10+ Year Old Account
    He has also been dead for thousands of years. I wouldn't expect it would work very well after all this time, even if we got his real spirit back. Never mind that he probably wouldn't be too happy being yanked out of cow heaven 10,000 years after his death.

This story is a bullshit. Was he ever mentioned in books/games? Its just a tale passed on from generation to generation making the tauren proud of who they are, but i doubt it has much to do with how it went during the war of the ancients. There probably was a Huln Highmountain, he probably participated in it, but its really doubtful he did all those things.
    Besides, lets remember its a story said by Ebonhorn - a black dragon who is very mysterious in his plans, leaves us to save the highmountain at the most important moment, and forcefully tries to show us how this huln highmountain purified him when he was just an egg. I mean, what does the hammer of khaz'goroth have to do with corruption, that it can purify just like that?

I call the whole Huln/Ebonhorn storyline bullshit and very suspicious and i have a feeling ebonhorn's motives are entirely different than what we think. I hope we will find out soon, i dont trust the guy. (and Malya is weak as fuck, he can easly manipulate her and rule the Highmountain from behind the scene).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    He has also been dead for thousands of years. I wouldn't expect it would work very well after all this time, even if we got his real spirit back. Never mind that he probably wouldn't be too happy being yanked out of cow heaven 10,000 years after his death.
    Kur'thalos has been ressurected and he seemed fine. Well, besides thinking we were demons, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Kur'thalos has been ressurected and he seemed fine. Well, besides thinking we were demons, lol.
    He's also a nightelf who have incredibly long lifespans, as opposed to Tauren who have vaguely human life spans.

Deleted
    This story is a bullshit. Was he ever mentioned in books/games? Its just a tale passed on from generation to generation making the tauren proud of who they are, but i doubt it has much to do with how it went during the war of the ancients. There probably was a Huln Highmountain, he probably participated in it, but its really doubtful he did all those things.
    Besides, lets remember its a story said by Ebonhorn - a black dragon who is very mysterious in his plans, leaves us to save the highmountain at the most important moment, and forcefully tries to show us how this huln highmountain purified him when he was just an egg. I mean, what does the hammer of khaz'goroth have to do with corruption, that it can purify just like that?

I call the whole Huln/Ebonhorn storyline bullshit and very suspicious and i have a feeling ebonhorn's motives are entirely different than what we think. I hope we will find out soon, i dont trust the guy. (and Malya is weak as fuck, he can easly manipulate her and rule the Highmountain from behind the scene).

- - - Updated - - -

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Huln_Highmountain

I believe he was introduced in a novel

He was already reincarnated as Gamon.

Deleted
    Ressurection in lore is very difficult process. And very rare.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Even if he came back, his eagle spear or also known as Talonclaw, is the artifact for Survival hunters.

Tbh I rather see the Highmountain Tauren lore/story be progressed via Ebonhorn and Mayla Highmountain without creating weird plot holes.

Call me cynical, but when it comes to World of Warcraft, if there's a a choice between "this guy having secret motives that will be revealed later" and it just being writing that doesn't make sense...it's always the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Huln_Highmountain

I believe he was introduced in a novel
    Well, the only references to him seem to be:
    The Sundering, pg. 14
    The Sundering, pg. 283

The rest are content or quests made for Legion.

Sadly I dont have the book, but it wouldnt surprise me if the great achievements of huln werent mentioned here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    Call me cynical, but when it comes to World of Warcraft, if there's a a choice between "this guy having secret motives that will be revealed later" and it just being writing that doesn't make sense...it's always the latter.
    Well, it would be a next level retardation writing.

Imagine Tirion before the LK pull saying he has other matters to attend (?!)
    Or Thrall and the Aspects telling us to deal with Deathwing alone cause they have other family things to do.

Literally each time im doing Neltharion's Lair this Ebonhorn puts me off so hard...
    First, during the hopping on the barrels, when he says he will find his own path, the VA is just weird and makes him not so trustworthy for me
    Second, when he leaves us just before the pull (this one tops TBC lore fails tbh, we, outlanders, help him and his saviour's bloodline, and he just flies away)
    Third, when he comes back (magically just after Dargul is killed), feeling no regret about not participating in the fight, then talking about family business, like, there are 1000s different things more important than the fact we just saved highmountain and the broken isles.

this guy is a jerk. a mysterious jerk.

Deleted
    Well, the only references to him seem to be:
    The Sundering, pg. 14
    The Sundering, pg. 283

The rest are content or quests made for Legion.

Sadly I dont have the book, but it wouldnt surprise me if the great achievements of huln werent mentioned here.

- - - Updated - - -

Or Thrall and the Aspects telling us to deal with Deathwing alone cause they have other family things to do.

Literally each time im doing Neltharion's Lair this Ebonhorn puts me off so hard...
    First, during the hopping on the barrels, when he says he will find his own path, the VA is just weird and makes him not so trustworthy for me
    Second, when he leaves us just before the pull (this one tops TBC lore fails tbh, we, outlanders, help him and his saviour's bloodline, and he just flies away)
    Third, when he comes back (magically just after Dargul is killed), feeling no regret about not participating in the fight, then talking about family business, like, there are 1000s different things more important than the fact we just saved highmountain and the broken isles.

Perhaps he doesn't want to get involved physically because his role is advisor not hero. The tauren / mortals needed to deal with the threat themselves... That of the Hammer could banish him like his father

Deleted
    I think there is no malice in Ebonhorn tales. They are just exaggerated.

I mean Huln is the Highmountain hero, something to be proud of, and Ebonhorn was (is) extremely attached to him, like a son to a father.

It often happens that a child see his father job like the best job ever, even if, in reality, it's nothing special.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbadubba View Post
    He was already reincarnated as Gamon.
    Where and when did this happen?

10+ Year Old Account

He's an adviser, and the fact that he's a dragon is VERY secret. Not even Mayla knew before we came. If he fought his secret would be out. Not to mention, that hammer banished Deathwing, I doubt he'd be able to do anything against Dagrul

7+ Year Old Account
    As some thread has said before, his story is without a doubt blown into fiction by the tauren race after generations. He is proberly a very strong tauren, maybe the strongest, that there has ever been, but smiting down the lord of the dreadlords and pitlords by himself is highly unlikely. What is more likely is that he joined many battles as the leader of the taurens and therefore earned the right of both Cenarius and Malornes blessings. I also believe, that his body is long gone and since the tauren burn their fallen, then the spirit is proberly without a host to ress.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Perhaps he doesn't want to get involved physically because his role is advisor not hero. The tauren / mortals needed to deal with the threat themselves... That of the Hammer could banish him like his father
    Well, to me it looked like he either didnt trust us enough to defeat Dargul, so he left just in case if it goes wrong. Or perhaps the hammer could indeed do bad things to him specifically, but he should have mentioned it or not take the part in the venturing squad at all.

Or... i had this crazy theory. Wrathion was there, in Neltharion's Lair. Either he manipulated the events during the theft of the hammer, or he sensed a powerful artifact here he wanted to get for himself (we know he likes shiny powerful things). Ebonhorn knew it/felt it (they are family after all) and went on to hold him back so that we can claim the hammer for ourselves. Then he comes back, says his part, and with this 'family matters' he means containing/unifying/dealing with Wrathion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Doesn't matter, new lore can be created, it happens all the time.
    It depends. The story of huln is said only by the highmountain tauren. Kalimdor tauren seem to know nothing about it (shouldnt huln be the greates tauren hero?), Malfurion doesnt mention it, Cenarius too...

Was a joke I believe. (would be funny if it was true though lol, great hero gets reincarnated as one of the most murdered NPC's of all time)

It was joke lol. In some cultures that believe in reincarnation also have high respect for Cows, some people believe that if you lived a good life that after dying you may be reincarnated into cows. (what I was told by my crazy teacher 10 years ago. Not sure if true)

So one amazing badass cow reincarnating into another badass cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I mean scoreboard; the dude mowed down Legion like it's nothing, was such a badass that he got blessings of Malorne and Cenarius, murdered Tichondrius like it ain't a thang, banished Deathfuckinwing off his own lair and the list goes on and on.

He's the hero Azeroth deserves!
    even if normal resurrection would be hard why not have him raised as a horseman in dk story...would be much more better than trollbane or that scarlet crusader chick !