View Poll Results: Are you currently subscribed to WoW? If not, when were you last subscribed?

Voters
518. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I am currently subscribed.

388 74.90%
  • No, but I have been subscribed since Legion release.

79 15.25%
  • No, but I have been subscribed pre-legion in 2016.

16 3.09%
  • No, I was last subscribed in 2015

14 2.70%
  • No, I was last subscribed during MoP.

10 1.93%
  • No, I was last subscribed during Cataclysm.

3 0.58%
  • No, i was last subscribed during Wotlk

2 0.39%
  • No, I was last subscribed during BC/Classic

2 0.39%
  • I have never been subscribed!

4 0.77%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am subbed, but might not renew this month. Just feeling burnt out playing the game, I pretty much raid log at this point.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Interesting

Aren't there any other games that interest you? I notice you're into RP
    Yes, however, my issue is that they are extremely difficult to play or are exclusive to solo play. I have played most of the newer MMOs over the years. Aion, Rift, Age of Conan, Neverwinter (Probably my favorite of the other games that I've played), and a bit of FF11 and 14. I want to seriously try SWTOR, but I haven't had the time in combination with desire to play it yet. I also want to try D&D Online, but that's another game that I haven't had time to get into. I haven't tried GW2, I likely won't.

I like games with a stereotypical D&D feeling to it and have a dark eldritch, lovecraftian, feeling to it in the background (not thrown at you ever chance it gets, but looming in the boundaries of the events taking place). I also like casual RP communities with a more erotic background. Don't get me wrong, I love essentially all aspects of RP, however, I also feel that relationships and sex are just as evident part of adventuring as quests and killing baddies. So, I like communities that are open to such a variety of RP, which is why I massively enjoy the realm I main.

Main games fail to meet the standards that WoW has made for me, which is likely the issue. Also, I've had most of my character for long over a decade now, and just stopping or giving up on WoW isn't something that I'm willing to do without something tangible enough to replace it with.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Are there any good MMORPGS with good RP elements you enjoy? If so, why is WoW better?
    I like how so much of WoW can be done solo and small group, the most of aspect, the better. I also enjoy how casual the game is, I like difficulty and some grinding elements, only when peppered lightly into the game and forced on me at every turn. Also, I play on very high latency, so games that do not support a 1000ms+ connection, I simply cannot play at all.

If I had my way, there is one game that I would play, and if it is as good as I think it is, I might actually like it so much that I would play it. The major issue is that it is restricted to Japan. I actually started learning Japanese, one of the reasons being to play it. It's a Dragon's Dogma MMO, and I understand that it is very reminiscent of the single player game, a game which I absolutely adore and could play for hundreds of hours easily.

So, when boiled down, I require these ingredients:

- Rich Lore with lots of background
    - Races and factions that are reminiscent of D&D/Tolkien
    - Lovecraftian/Elder Gods/Old Gods as a imminent threat
    - Bad latency friendly with good gameplay after the fact
    - Strong ERP community
    - Good character creation/customization
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Doesn't usage of present perfect tense in 2nd and 3rd options imply that someone is still subscribed?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    at this point curve on poll is probably not going to deviate much. 90% have played since legion release, and only 4% have played but not since pre-2015.

I am considering how to construct a poll about how long during each expansion a sub stayed subscribed. it is a bit complex as players started at different times, so it would be a multiple answer and also ask what expansion a player started during. I would like to ask what % of expansion x a player played during to offset this but I suspect asking percentages of 22 or 26 month periods is asking for trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Doesn't usage of present perfect tense in 2nd and 3rd options imply that someone is still subscribed?
    it is not clear to me that present perfect usage in 2 and 3 does not preclude having let subscription lapse since.

example. I have been hospitalized post-legoin release.

i have been hospitalized in 2016 pre-legion.

neither affirmatively implies I am still hospitalized.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    example. I have been hospitalized post-legoin release.

i have been hospitalized in 2016 pre-legion.

neither affirmatively implies I am still hospitalized.
    Are you a native english speaker? I'm not, and in the way I was taught, your example simply means that hospitalization hast started post / pre legion and still lasts.

Maybe I was taught wrong, would need some native speaker to clear this
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Are you a native english speaker? I'm not, and in the way I was taught, your example simply means that hospitalization hast started post / pre legion and still lasts.

Maybe I was taught wrong, would need some native speaker to clear this
    native english (american). I suppose it depends on the verb

I have been spoken to about my posting history pre-legion release 2016. - clearly the conversation hasn't continued all year.

I have been to Avalon pre-legion release 2016. the implication that i am not there now is obvious.

it is also possible this is a) one of the subtle grammar diff. between british and north american english 2) this is a rule on paper that is no longer followed in the spoken language 3) i am technically using the present perfect impropertly (though in a very normal way). 4) context-sensitive applies, particularly given choice 1

You write english very well for being ESL. so well that i cannot catch grammer/syntax clues as to your native language.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2016-12-05 at 03:51 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Sub ended a few weeks ago, not sure if i am going to renew it anytime soon i burned out hard on the game

Interesting that poll shows 75% subscribed, but most posts are from unsubscribed people. So it's truth what they say about vocal minority.

On topic: currently subscribed with Token, but I change to money next time, time to start collect gold for spider mount ;P. I know how to control myself, so it's unlikely I will burn out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Interesting that poll shows 75% subscribed, but most posts are from unsubscribed people. So it's truth what they say about vocal minority.

On topic: currently subscribed with Token, but I change to money next time, time to start collect gold for spider mount ;P. I know how to control myself, so it's unlikely I will burn out.
    I am not surprised with your first observation. It has held true with me over the years (if I am actively playing the game, I dont post, more or less).

however, one would need to have enabled voter names/choices to do anything conclusive with it. that might have been interesting.

specfiically, posters in class forums or anything else but general and lore/story threads are very likely subbed. general a wider mix. perhaps specific general threads would deviate from this too.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2016-12-05 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    No.

It is weird really, people say WoD is the worst, most boring expansion, but Legion I think is much more boring.

Yeah you constantly have thing to do: farming AP, but if anything I think it burns people out more than anything.

In my opinion this is worse than not enough content, because if not enough contents, you don't have to log in everyday on non raid day, and pace things down. But now you know you should be playing whenever you can, and farm AP whenever you can. I myself hate this system but I guess I am the only one?
    I stopped caring about making sure I have all the AP WQ done and all that jazz about a month into the expansion. Of course, I'm only in a heroic guild, so it's not like I need to really push it, but I'm just taking it easy on my main. I'll do quests with huge AP, but other than that, the only time I play my main is the 4 WQ, Mythic+ runs, Kara speed runs, and 4 hours of raiding.

Compare that to WoD, and I just played during raiding and that was it. So I'm having a lot more fun now than I did back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    January 1 2009 - December 2012. Then 2014 (WoD release) to early 2015. I will not be subbing again.

Always subbed, even if I'm not partaking with my active raid group I remain subbed. There are a ton of things to do, plus PvP on certain toons is always a good stress reliever.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Deleted
    Needs a 'Yes, but will be unsubscribing shortly' option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been running on the last of my tokens maybe 1 month on and 2-3 off.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

It hit me a couple weeks ago, that World Quests are crazy repetitive, Legion is boring, what's the point in improving ones self if everything else scales with you, and that raising artifact points is pointless--because that weapon will be replaced in the next expansion. So, I'm out. Letting the token expire....

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It is classed as a subscription, actually, since someone paid for that token with $$$.
    Go and try to cancel your sub on their website when you pay with tokens. I't'll tell you that you have no active sub.

So no, I'm not a subscriber.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuruption View Post
    I stopped caring about making sure I have all the AP WQ done and all that jazz about a month into the expansion. Of course, I'm only in a heroic guild, so it's not like I need to really push it, but I'm just taking it easy on my main. I'll do quests with huge AP, but other than that, the only time I play my main is the 4 WQ, Mythic+ runs, Kara speed runs, and 4 hours of raiding.

Compare that to WoD, and I just played during raiding and that was it. So I'm having a lot more fun now than I did back then.
    I logged in to flip Ak 19 or w/e friday afternoon and had 190k Ap on my WQL log. I thought, "That is enough AP to finish this level and get my halfway to the next. Should i run some of these?" Then i logged off without doing any of them.

If i could use one word to describe my current feelings towards Legion it would be "Meh."

Quote Originally Posted by Stickyick79 View Post
    Go and try to cancel your sub on their website when you pay with tokens. I't'll tell you that you have no active sub.

So no, I'm not a subscriber.
    You are confusing the subscription auto-renewing with being a subscriber.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Played about 6 weeks of WoD, sort of, and then unsubbed until Legion, then played about 2 weeks and now unsubbed again.
    Yeah exactly what I did

I've never broken my subscription. I started sometime in Early BC. Maybe 06/--/2007
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis