Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Good riddance. At this point, it doesn't matter who they replace him with. Anyone with an IQ above room temperature would be able to take the story in a better direction.

It's just a pity that he worked on WoW at all. Not only are we stuck with his idiocy being canonized, he also helped turn this game into World of Memecraft.
    thank you for making me laugh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    A lot of people who post here have apparently never worked or only worked on small business.
    even if you worked in small business, you will understand teamwork and not reaching Perfection level, also that sometimes you need to rush up things in business you are already dominating " mmo genre game " I think that Final fantasy is the reason why legion is good exp, because it offered are real competition

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    I did not say I had to be paid up front. I am saying that if you want to pay me his salary, I will gladly write a better story.
    yet the internet fascinate me with you
    Marvelous
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

I don't know which parts of the lore he was in charge of, but I never liked his "It's going to be awesome" answers along with Tom Chilton's during blizzcon's Q&A. Honestly, I'm glad they are off the WoW Team.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still laugh to myself when people talk about MoP and easter eggs. It's like wow can never diverge or create new story lines in your mind because it isn't written in the historical bible - its embarrassing.

New story comes from your imagination, the way they implemented the MoP lore into the main story was great. Stop crying about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    You're adorable.
    With the mentality of wanting high pay without having the life achievements and accolades to justify it, I think we have already established who is the adorable one here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender Kalec View Post
    With the mentality of wanting high pay without having the life achievements and accolades to justify it, I think we have already established who is the adorable one here.
    Savage
    /10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Why does everyone assume Metzen has his hands all over anything with Thrall in it? He's Thrall's voice actor. That is as far as his relationship with the character goes. Metzen's main is a human Ret Paladin. his favorite character is Malfurion. If it was up to Metzen it would be all Alliance, all the time.
    Its not assumption.Metzen told us what he was actually going for when he wrote Thrall's story in Cata in the 2011 Q&A. And you know what, the story was actually good imo. However it was very poorly represented in the game.

Good riddance. At this point, it doesn't matter who they replace him with. Anyone with an IQ above room temperature would be able to take the story in a better direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss

ITS CHRISTMAS! I dont have to endure Kosak anymore!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    He is the retard who brought you this gem.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post43558523
    I have disliked WoW's storytelling since Cata. I'm glad to see shuffling around of talent and bringing in fresh talent.

But this shit? Calling him a retard and insulting his IQ? It makes you sound like a child. And it's rude. I'm pushing back on the whole "I get to be a fuckward because Internet". Grow the fuck up.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)

I liked his work. I'm still playing wow you know.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cool. Sylvanas just lose plot armor.

While I disagree with the tone of the other poster, I think you actually did miss something. When you get to the top of the temple you momentarily see the Tear of Elune (and it is a pretty unique model imo) then Xavius appears. But it happens very fast so maybe you missed it?

Also MoP storytelling was solid, what's wrong with all of you people?

They look nothing alike is the issue aside from being the same size. Those little designs at the bottom are completely gone. Even with people here saying that it IS the Tear of Elune that he throws, I could easily argue that it isn't based on looks, and there's no proof that it is it. No one mentions it, no one clarifies it.

Also yes, MoP was the best in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    This right here is how we get those stupid corny villains that explain everything they're doing and all of their plans before they even do anything.
    Oh yes, because the only possible way is for Xavius to spell it out.

Tyrande couldn't have jumped in after and said "What has he does to the Tear that would corrupt Ysera so easily?!", since you know, she's right there after she must have saw the gist of what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    It was emphasized. What do you think we were doing in Val'sharah anyway? Why do you think we needed to go into DHT? What do you think killed ysera? He thought it was a piece of the nightmare but she's been dealing with that shit forever, it was obviously something more powerful. It's the main reason we were in that zone.

The only way to emphasize it more than that is to have a corny supervillain who explains all of his plans, why he's doing them and what's going to happen when he succeeds. That's how this shit happens man. Like how did @Jester Joe you think we got the tear stone anyway?anyway? This post was about you so I want you to know you're being mentioned.
    We were in Val'sharah because Malfurion had everything under control and we were suppose to just waltz in and waltz out basically. We certainly didn't go there to fight off the Emerald Nightmare because no one knew about it until after. And why was every villain in each zone taking the pillars? Aside from Highmountain, it was all to appease the Legion. So why would we be led to think Xavius was any different when he was working with the Legion too?

We went into DHT to save Malfurion, nothing to do with the Tear of Elune.

We killed Ysera, not Xavius. And no, she hasn't been "dealing with it forever", she almost fell to it before when she was trapped in the dream. Pretty sure they mentioned that in Northrend. It's not like she's been smacking it aside without an issue, and Malfurion was the one who finally "cleansed" the Nightmare the first time, not Ysera as far as I know.

And have some more imagination. You don't need a villain to spell everything out for you, you just need to have someone not fail horribly at making the same object look completely and utterly different, and then make it look like it's just a generic piece of the nightmare rather than the Pillar of Creation. Hell, they could have easily kept that little fancy design at the bottom and it would have been easy enough. Yet it's not there at all.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-12-05 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I'm interested in who will take his place, and subsequently blamed for everything.
    Probably Afrabasi, Tom Chilton, Ion(even if they dont work in the lore department) the people have a lot of figures to blame

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

They look nothing alike is the issue aside from being the same size. Those little designs at the bottom are completely gone. Even with people here saying that it IS the Tear of Elune that he throws, I could easily argue that it isn't based on looks, and there's no proof that it is it. No one mentions it, no one clarifies it.
    I always assumed it was the Tear that Xavius fires at Ysera, though I agree he doesn't explicitly say this and the connection is pretty much by implication.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Looks like Christmas came early this year boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Alex Afrasiabi
    Oh,

7+ Year Old Account
    thank god.

i wont miss him, that's for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I always assumed it was the Tear that Xavius fires at Ysera
    because it was, he stole the tear and corrupted it.
    shot ysera down, we defeated her and elune cleansed the tear.

https://youtu.be/pOmRJ-HD5x4?t=58

like srsly, did all of you miss this part? ^
    @Jester Joe
    you can see the corrupted tear right there, on the plant platform table thing, getting cleansed.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-12-05 at 07:28 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Those are not designs tbh, it's just a casing they placed the Tear on. Xavius doesn't need a fancy casing when he chucks it at Ysera
    But that's how it looks when you "see" it behind the demons, and that's how it pops out of Ysera. I'm not sure where they had enough time to put that casing on.

I'd be more confused then how they got said "casing" back after Xavius took it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I always assumed it was the Tear that Xavius fires at Ysera, though I agree he doesn't explicitly say this and the connection is pretty much by implication.
    Well now that it's pointed out I can definitely see how that's what it is, but I still stand by it not being some sort of great storytelling, and too vague even.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witcher Arafal View Post
    because it was, he stole the tear and corrupted it.
    shot ysera down, we defeated her and elune cleansed the tear.

https://youtu.be/pOmRJ-HD5x4?t=58

like srsly, did all of you miss this part? ^
    @Jester Joe
    you can see the corrupted tear right there, on the plant platform table thing, getting cleansed.
    And there we go.

I will say in my defense the fact that it took several posters to finally be able to prove this exactly is a bit telling though as to how missable it was, especially since some were claiming it was very obvious.

Of course Xavius threw a "corrupted" ToE at Ysera. It is logically implied that he did so and even the video shows it to be that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I don't what is missable about "HAHAHHA LOOK AT ME HOW IM STEALING THIS [Plot related artifact]. NOW LOOK AT ME USING THIS EVIL LOOKING LOOKALIKE ! SURELY THERE IS NO CONNECTION AT ALL"

I mean seriously, it doesn't take much brain exercise to make connection.

Deleted
    Good riddance.
    I imagine you most of all are glad he's out, seeing the way he's been handling orcs since Cataclysm.

Or wait, was that Trassk?

I won't shed a tear for him. I hate the childish bullshit pop culture reference shitfest into which he turned the game from cataclysm onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    I have disliked WoW's storytelling since Cata. I'm glad to see shuffling around of talent and bringing in fresh talent.

But this shit? Calling him a retard and insulting his IQ? It makes you sound like a child. And it's rude. I'm pushing back on the whole "I get to be a fuckward because Internet". Grow the fuck up.
    I would prefer if you did not include me in those posts.