Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

seams Elizabeth Warren is going to be the democratic nominee in 2020

all other seam like losers with less charisma than a mouse
    top 10 favorites in order are for 2020 president based on some websites i don t want to advertise :
    1Donald Trump -Party:who knows
    2Mike Pence -Party:republican
    3Elizabeth Warren -Party:democrat
    4Michelle Obama -Party:democrat
    5Cory Booker -Party:democrat
    6Catherine Cortez Masto -Party:democrat
    7Trey Gowdy -Party:republican
    8Paul Ryan -Party:republican
    9Tim Kaine -Party:democrat
    10Hillary Clinton -Party:democrat

Quote Originally Posted by superblink View Post
    top 10 favorites in order are for 2020 president based on some websites i don t want to advertise :
    No real telling at this point. A lot of it depends on what kind of President the Donald turns out to be, and nobody knows that yet, not even him. Maybe especially not him.

1Donald Trump-Party:who knows
    I admit that made me chuckle.

Donald Trump running for the Democrats would be a hilarious twist. I mean, who knows best about the evil Republicians after 4 years working with them? This fucking establishment, I tell you.

Oh god please we just had 2 years of election coverage. Can't we get through a month before talking about 2020
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Oh god please we just had 2 years of election coverage. Can't we get through a month before talking about 2020
    I really really hope that someday we stop having these stupidly long election cycles, I see no reason we can't do it in 3 months.

lol easy win for republicans then

I don't think a general election loser has ever run for reelection as President in recent history. H.W. in '92, Dole '96, Gore '00, Kerry '04, McCain '08, Romney '12, and now Clinton '16. It's not unusual to rerun for party nomination, especially if you were popular.

That said, I don't see Clinton running again. Plus she's getting too old. Warren will be 71 and I think that's just too old. Granted I thought the same about Trump/Hillary (70/69 resp.) so I guess it could happen.

Obama would be a hard sell so close to her husband's presidency. I think 2024 would be a good shot, esp. if a Republican holds in 2020. She's 52, and 60 in 2020, with her husband's legacy and possible experience might get her in.

That said my preference would be a Booker v. Trump matchup. I like the guy, and he's young. 2020 would put him a little older than Obama when he won.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Nope.

Politics is a big business in this nation, whether we like it or not. So it really NEVER stops.
    I know . I can dream
    – C.S. Lewis

I think the lesson learned this election cycle, if it wasn't before, is that predictions like that are quite useless, because in the end of the day you should want to pick the person who is having a surge that election cycle. In 2008 that was Barack Obama, not many people knew about him before the 2008 election, very few knew about him before 2004. This year it was Bernie Sanders. But I also think Bernie Sanders only got to where he got because the Clinton campaign was too well connected within the Democratic Party, that an outsider like Bernie Sanders could join the party and get to where he got. If the Clinton campaign had not been such a smooth operator in making sure getting such a solid amount of support from within the party then more people than Jim Web and Martin O'Malley would've joined the race, like Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden and non-Washington based Democrats who I haven't even heard of. And I think in such a scenario it is perhaps very likely that Clinton would've never become to nominee in the first place, but rather one of the people I hadn't heard of before. So I think any Democrat should be very open to whatever comes along in 4 years, and go with that. That's what The Donald was for the Republicans this year after all, we knew of him of course, but not as a politician. But he was the unexpected candidate with the momentum. Need to go where the momentum is at. The Democrats created a situation where such a momentum couldn't occur really (thought it did anyway, but it wasn't enough in that environment). Just a shame that the guy who had the momentum on the winning side this time around was a bat-shit crazy narcissistic raging lunatic who is appointing a cabinet of deplorables.

Also if I were to speculate I would consider it laughable that Michelle Obama is even included in those talks. I mean I love Obama, and I love her. They are awesome. But if this election showed anything it is that the American people aren't all that interested in having political dynasties (which should be promising to anyone who have seen Trump parade his offspring this entire election cycle). So, even if she were interested, which she doesn't seem to be, I think she's smart enough not to go down that path. Hillary Clinton is of course spent, that's a given at this point. I think she got a lot of undeserved crap for a long time even before this election cycle, but obviously all the people who believe in the crap - and they are many - cannot be ignored and that alone means the Clinton camp is out of the picture. Tim Kaine as well.

Elizabeth Warren surely deserves to be on any such speculative list, as does Bernie Sanders despite his age, and other by know well-known people like Cory Booker. But I think one should keep an eye on the less expected guys. People from outside the federal government. For example, how about Gavin Newsom if he becomes Governor of Carlifornia in 2018? Or the current governor of Montana; Steve Bullock? Those are the names I'd be betting on. Or maybe a first-term Senator like Kamala Harris. In fairness, given Trump's new precedent, a couple of celebrities without any experience in public office could be worth betting on. Like George Clooney and Jon Stewart.
    Last edited by Zarc; 2016-12-05 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    lol easy win for republicans then
    Elizabeth Warren will bring in the much needed 1/16th Native American heritage crowd!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Elizabeth Warren will bring in the much needed 1/16th Native American heritage crowd!
    funny how she didnt stand with "her people" in standing rock

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    I really really hope that someday we stop having these stupidly long election cycles, I see no reason we can't do it in 3 months.
    There's, what, 56 primaries? 50 states, 1 District, 4 territories and abroad? Just do two each day. 28 days. Announce the winner/hold convention days 29-31, Election on day 60 or something. Allow candidates to announce intent 1 month ahead, have 4 debates during that month. Bam 3 month cycle

Or something like that. I just came up with it now so I;m sure it's terrible and flawed :P
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did you leave Kanye off the list? He is a serious candidate and should be taken seriously. Trump will try to make America great again, but Kanye will make it the Greatest!
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol as much as I love the obamas I don't see Michelle being Hillary, even though she could probably do pretty good at it I don't that family running ever again. Plus we couldn't get a white woman in office you really think we will get black one in there first? Ha

If that is really the case then the Democrats really haven't learned anything from this loss but we are talking about 4 years in the future so anything can happen. If Warren really does end up being the candidate prepare another loss though. Its what you get when you try to shove another PC candidate down the people's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    Lol as much as I love the obamas I don't see Michelle being Hillary, even though she could probably do pretty good at it I don't that family running ever again. Plus we couldn't get a white woman in office you really think we will get black one in there first? Ha
    Idk we got a Rapist, Coke-Addict, Kenyan Muslim, and Orangutan into office. What's wrong with a black lady? /s

Clinton, Bush, Obama, Trump... if that wasn't obvious
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Why did you leave Kanye off the list? He is a serious candidate and should be taken seriously. Trump will try to make America great again, but Kanye will make it the Greatest!
    You joke but Trump being a meme candidate to everyone at the start probably helped propel him to where he is. Kanye could have a chance if he actually wanted to imo

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    If that is really the case then the Democrats really haven't learned anything from this loss but we are talking about 4 years in the future so anything can happen. If Warren really does end up being the candidate prepare another loss though. Its what you get when you try to shove another PC candidate down the people's throats.
    Warren isn't a bad pick. The issue is more if she could shake off the stench of Clinton in the next general.

i'd absolutely love to see a Sanders/Gabbard ticket but losing both in the Senate would hurt pretty bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk we got a Rapist, Coke-Addict, Kenyan Muslim, and Orangutan into office. What's wrong with a black lady? /s

Clinton, Bush, Obama, Trump... if that wasn't obvious
    The first three are literally unproven, and the Muslim thing has gotten really really annoying to hear.

As for bush...I really can't see him doing coke he was way to mellow and chill to be a addict, maybe a pit head tho, said a lot of pot head like comments.

And trump is just americas drunken one night stand cause all the good choices left early.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    The first three are literally unproven, and the Muslim thing has gotten really really annoying to hear.

As for bush...I really can't see him doing coke he was way to mellow and chill to be a addict, maybe a pit head tho, said a lot of pot head like comments.

And trump is just americas drunken one night stand cause all the good choices left early.
    It was a joke, I know they were unproven. It's kind of each president's meme.
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    You joke but Trump being a meme candidate to everyone at the start probably helped propel him to where he is. Kanye could have a chance if he actually wanted to imo
    Kanye put himself in a mental hospital last month and has been showing signs of mental instability for years, I don't think the mans going to make it to 2020 at this rate.

- - - Updated - - -

It was a joke, I know they were unproven. It's kind of each president's meme.
    I understand that just I don't think these memes fit anymore.
    Besides trump...that tan gets darker and it's fucking winter how did it get darker!?