Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Yeah that's what I thought also read some more and it seems Agonizing Poison and elaborate planning is a different playstyle to the old ''pool energy and unload 5/6 cp finishers'' this is more about constant using abilities and keeping EP up without pooling.
    This is more about using abilities as soon as you can and having enough crit so that mut gives 3cp most of the time so you can keep the envenoms and elaborate planning running.

Then again I was out of it since MoP so that's understandable to adjust.
    Final question, sometimes the ''cast this next'' button pulses between mutilate and rupture, can I choose either one then or is this more of a reminder that rupture is about to fall off and its ok to refresh it with less then 5 or 6 CP ?
    It's a reminder but also a on the spot decision. You can do one or the other depending on what's happening and not lose much dps. For the most part it's there to let your focus be on the dot timer so you can not be put in a bad position with your CP

Updates to this TMW profile will be made for 7.1.5 and will be posted on this thread. If you have any suggestions or find any bugs please let me know!

is it normal that your profile suggest to use envenom with 3 points? i'll assume thats because its trying to keep a 100% uptime on elaborate planning but, isnt that a DPS loss?

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    is it normal that your profile suggest to use envenom with 3 points? i'll assume thats because its trying to keep a 100% uptime on elaborate planning but, isnt that a DPS loss?
    My understanding that maximizing uptime on Elaborate Planning was better than a 4+ envenom. If people could confirm for me that would be great

Quote Originally Posted by Shapeduz View Post
    Im not sure, but i read its a dps increase to keep EP up even with a 3CP envenom during burst windows, when u have vendetta up etc. Otherwise 4+ CP . But ye im not 100% sure.
    I'll ask around and see what I can find. Thanks for the info!

want to report an outlaw bug that's been around since you introduced the counter. the effect is that after starting off well the rotation will start suggesting RtB instead of Run Thru at wrong times - eg 2 or 3 buffs up, true bearing up etc. it's not obvious how it happens or what fixes it but I finally got some idea, hope you can reproduce.

turn off "always hide" for the 2 icons in group 31 (hidden RtB counter tracking) in order to see the problem. Once you get a rotation going with rtb-rng counter at 2 or more (blue icon 2 shows 2+), everything is fine with rotation suggesting Run thru at full CP. however at 5 sec remaining the red icon 1 pops up showing 0 (as the counter resets at 5 sec), and RtB is suggested in rotation instead of Run Through. All that is as it should be HOWEVER actually refreshing RtB during that 5 to zero sec window seems to apply a semi-permanent minus-1 or minus-2 "debuff" to the counter. The result is that single buffs like jolly roger will show up as zero instead of 1 on the counter - which is fine since 0 properly suggests re-rolling just like 1 does. however 2 buffs show up as 1 or even 0, True Bearing and Shark are 1 instead of 2, which obviously ruins the rotation since now you are told to reroll double buffs (sometimes even triple!) with 50 sec left in duration, etc.

This keeps up until you let the RtB fall off completely and then refresh. the counter goes back to normal function.

I have normal talents and no other addons, latest TMW, untouched import. There seems to be a lot of other weirdness going on with RtB (eg dropping combat - vanish -seems to set the counter to 0 and it stays there thus RtB will be suggested for reroll even if you have 6 buffs up) but the above method - refreshing RtB at between 5 and 0 sec left in duration - seems to be very reliable in getting the error, which again seems to be the hidden counter showing 1 or 2 less than it should be, thus double buffs and True Bearing are suggested to be re-rolled since they never show up on the blue hidden icon as 2+. letting RtB fall off completely before refreshing fixes the issue (temporarily). And this same type of problem also appears in your previous 7.0.3 version.

thanks for the rotation btw, it's a great help.

Quote Originally Posted by starlite View Post
    want to report an outlaw bug that's been around since you introduced the counter. the effect is that after starting off well the rotation will start suggesting RtB instead of Run Thru at wrong times - eg 2 or 3 buffs up, true bearing up etc. it's not obvious how it happens or what fixes it but I finally got some idea, hope you can reproduce.

turn off "always hide" for the 2 icons in group 31 (hidden RtB counter tracking) in order to see the problem. Once you get a rotation going with rtb-rng counter at 2 or more (blue icon 2 shows 2+), everything is fine with rotation suggesting Run thru at full CP. however at 5 sec remaining the red icon 1 pops up showing 0 (as the counter resets at 5 sec), and RtB is suggested in rotation instead of Run Through. All that is as it should be HOWEVER actually refreshing RtB during that 5 to zero sec window seems to apply a semi-permanent minus-1 or minus-2 "debuff" to the counter. The result is that single buffs like jolly roger will show up as zero instead of 1 on the counter - which is fine since 0 properly suggests re-rolling just like 1 does. however 2 buffs show up as 1 or even 0, True Bearing and Shark are 1 instead of 2, which obviously ruins the rotation since now you are told to reroll double buffs (sometimes even triple!) with 50 sec left in duration, etc.

This keeps up until you let the RtB fall off completely and then refresh. the counter goes back to normal function.

I have normal talents and no other addons, latest TMW, untouched import. There seems to be a lot of other weirdness going on with RtB (eg dropping combat - vanish -seems to set the counter to 0 and it stays there thus RtB will be suggested for reroll even if you have 6 buffs up) but the above method - refreshing RtB at between 5 and 0 sec left in duration - seems to be very reliable in getting the error, which again seems to be the hidden counter showing 1 or 2 less than it should be, thus double buffs and True Bearing are suggested to be re-rolled since they never show up on the blue hidden icon as 2+. letting RtB fall off completely before refreshing fixes the issue (temporarily). And this same type of problem also appears in your previous 7.0.3 version.

thanks for the rotation btw, it's a great help.
    There is a condition to handle if the counter goes negative, but I may have missed something. It should reset it to 0 so that the buffs can reassign values properly. I'll take a look and see if I can find whats missing

Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    There is a condition to handle if the counter goes negative, but I may have missed something. It should reset it to 0 so that the buffs can reassign values properly. I'll take a look and see if I can find whats missing
    First of all, thanks for the TMW, it's mostly really nice.

It doesn't show the correct opener rotation though: (stealth) -> garrote -> Muti -> Rupture -> Vendetta -> Muti to 6 CP -> Vanish -> Rupture -> Exang -> Kingsbane

Maybe it's not possible to make different priorities for openers. In which case it's not a problem anyway. You can basically ignore TMW during the opener and use it after (though I don't always agree with the suggestion to use kingsbane; I like to line it up after Exang.

Agree , why in tmw use the next Opener Garrote , Kingsbane ????

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    First of all, thanks for the TMW, it's mostly really nice.

It doesn't show the correct opener rotation though: (stealth) -> garrote -> Muti -> Rupture -> Vendetta -> Muti to 6 CP -> Vanish -> Rupture -> Exang -> Kingsbane

Maybe it's not possible to make different priorities for openers. In which case it's not a problem anyway. You can basically ignore TMW during the opener and use it after (though I don't always agree with the suggestion to use kingsbane; I like to line it up after Exang.
    I did originally set an opener in the profile but found that it caused bugs when changing targets. I decided to take it out and just put the base rotation and let players use the opener they know and practice

Deleted
    I did originally set an opener in the profile but found that it caused bugs when changing targets. I decided to take it out and just put the base rotation and let players use the opener they know and practice
    Yeah that's a good call I guess.

Another thing comes to mind with exanguinate: TMW advises you to refresh Rupture quite soon. As far as I can tell, overwriting an Exanguinated Rupture with a regular one, is a dps loss sine pandemic doesn't work with it.

hope you see it and figure it out! not sure if you had the negative handler in the previous version (the one in your old thread) but the some variation of the problem exists there too.

again my guess it's whatever is setting the counter to zero at 5 sec to 0 sec remaining duration - because refreshing before 5 sec or after the buffs drop off NEVER seems to cause any issues. Plus whatever is setting to 0 at combat drop (vanish) since that 0 stays seemingly forever.

hope you see it and figure it out! not sure if you had the negative handler in the previous version (the one in your old thread) but the some variation of the problem exists there too.

again my guess it's whatever is setting the counter to zero at 5 sec to 0 sec remaining duration - because refreshing before 5 sec or after the buffs drop off NEVER seems to cause any issues. Plus whatever is setting to 0 at combat drop (vanish) since that 0 stays seemingly forever.
    The way it works at the moment is that at <5 seconds the counter is set to zero. There is another trigger that subtracts the value of a buff on its expiration so that if you replace a buff the value is subtracted and new values are added for new buffs. This fixed an issue with buffs refreshing and the values not being assigned properly.

I'm testing a couple things and will look at updating soon

I've finished creating a website that will host the profiles!

http://chesder.weebly.com

I'll continue to post updates here on MMO Champion as we move forward, but from now on you can find all the profiles and different ways to give feedback at the new web page.

Few questions ( again :P )

- In Assa it has a rupture timer bar at the bottom of the profile, sometimes the time bar will be red, sometimes a yellow/orange colour and sometimes green , how and what affects this and what does it mean ? ( same question with the little rupture icon next to it sometimes glowing bright with a yellow border )

- In Outlaw how exactly does the roll the bones stuff get calculated ? on the world boss it told me to roll again while I had all 6 buffs and sometimes on a dungeon boss it tells me to reroll several times while having 2 or 3 buffs which often puts me back to 1 buff which is worse then any of the 2-3 I had ? I know some are better then others but what parameters does the profile have to determine a reroll on 2-3 buffs , or even when I had 6 on the world boss ?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If there a way to update rotation but no the icons? I have my own icons and dont want them to be erased or whatever happens if i overwrite settings

Quote Originally Posted by Turisten View Post
    If there a way to update rotation but no the icons? I have my own icons and dont want them to be erased or whatever happens if i overwrite settings
    You can import just the Main Rotation group. Follow the steps I gave you, but instead of clicking "overwrite" you'll see a list of the groups in the addon. There are 3 groups labeled Main Rotation (one for each spec) and you can import them as new groups

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post

- In Outlaw how exactly does the roll the bones stuff get calculated ? on the world boss it told me to roll again while I had all 6 buffs and sometimes on a dungeon boss it tells me to reroll several times while having 2 or 3 buffs which often puts me back to 1 buff which is worse then any of the 2-3 I had ? I know some are better then others but what parameters does the profile have to determine a reroll on 2-3 buffs , or even when I had 6 on the world boss ?
    outlaw has errors right now, need to wait for update which will hopefully fix it. refreshing RtB with 0-5 sec left or dropping combat makes it go haywire. You can try to reset to normal function by letting RtB drop off completely before refreshing. sometimes nothing works unless you reloadui. But yeah, it can absolutely start telling you to re-roll a 6 stack lol - it's all errors, not intended.

outlaw has errors right now, need to wait for update which will hopefully fix it. refreshing RtB with 0-5 sec left or dropping combat makes it go haywire. You can try to reset to normal function by letting RtB drop off completely before refreshing. sometimes nothing works unless you reloadui. But yeah, it can absolutely start telling you to re-roll a 6 stack lol - it's all errors, not intended.
    I'm working on a fix but I'll put it out for 7.1.5

Right now the issue is that sometimes the counter can go negative and the handle to prevent that is being skipped.

I'm working on a fix but I'll put it out for 7.1.5

Right now the issue is that sometimes the counter can go negative and the handle to prevent that is being skipped.
    yep no hurry. I actually got a working version for my self by "improving" your original one that did not yet have a counter. btw i would guess other than the negative counter issue some of the problems are from the way buffs are tracked now. the original one would check which of 6 auras are up or not, and there is no fooling that. Now I think it never checks that - only the events when one is applied, refreshed, or removed. then it adds subtracts or sets to zero on the counter. Thing is, now for example if you get 2 buffs on a target dummy (counter=2) then stop autoattack, counter is set to zero on dropping combat... but your two buffs are still running, 40 sec left lets say. when you resume your rotation counter stays at zero, it has no way of seeing the two buffs, it will only see if they are replaced or drop off. so it will immediately tell you to reroll, even 6 buffs if that's what you got.