... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pro Tip:

Don't do Twitter and Failbook.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    Pro Tip:

Don't do Twitter and Failbook.
    Yes, because staying off those will prevent them from putting up sex ads in your name.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Yes, because staying off those will prevent them from putting up sex ads in your name.
    It's cool though. You wouldn't have to see it. And if you don't see it, it's not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    assholes are part of life we are human we have assholes and will always have them

learn to deal with it and teach your kids how to deal with it or this will keep happening
    I'll take 'Victim Blaming' for $500, Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Yeah I'm leaning towards this. At some point, people need to take agency for their actions. While we are influenced by culture and society to a large extent, our actions are our own. We have the mental ability to select one from a series of choices (even if ultimately deterministic). While these classmates were rude and most likely engaging in harassment, they are not responsible for this student's death.
    Truly Spoken like someone who doesn't have a clue about what its like to be bullied day in day out by your social peers.

It really does seem like most people view this as a minor thing that you put up with like "grow thicker skin" unless your on the receiving end of bullying then you actually see the reality of it.

IF they had not tormented her she would not have been so miserable that she thought killing herself was the only option.

Not responsible.... they are totally responsible.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

10+ Year Old Account
    change contact info/ get off social media + move schools/city (if you have to) poof bullying gone.

Suicide is so cowardly.

if we are going to tell people to grow thicker skin because they were cyberbullied should we be also telling veterans that the nightmares they have from PTSD is all in their heads and to get over it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    change contact info/ get off social media + move schools/city (if you have to) poof bullying gone.

Suicide is so cowardly.
    youve never met a depressed person have you

saying suicide is a cowardly act is about one of the most insensitive things you could even think up

you have no idea what is going on in each person's head
    Last edited by zaino; 2016-12-05 at 08:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post

Suicide is so cowardly.
    Yeah don't bother addressing the actual issue (bullies/harassers) and just uproot your entire life and move to a different city. Problem solved!

10+ Year Old Account
    how did she get a gun

this is why kids dont need social media

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Yeah don't bother addressing the actual issue (bullies/harassers) and just uproot your entire life and move to a different city. Problem solved!
    what life?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    what life?
    Oh god dammit.

Well played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    The fact she was in high school is irrelevant. No adult, let alone a child would benefit from such stupid ass advice as "toughen up" when it comes to a matter of sexual solicitation. There's so many things wrong with that.

It definitely was her decision. However her decision was heavily influenced by things beyond her control.
    Toughen up is a valid suggestion during times like this. Although I would certainly argue that it's a lesson that needs to be taught whilst they grow up versus when they are stressing out like she was.

But if you grow up understanding that people being douches isn't something to get worked up over you stand a far better chance of not offing yourself when shit like this happens.

And there were most definitely outside influences. I'm not debating that in the slightest. But you have to realize and can't take away from the fact that in the end she is the one who decided to pull the trigger. No one else.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Toughen up is a valid suggestion during times like this. Although I would certainly argue that it's a lesson that needs to be taught whilst they grow up versus when they are stressing out like she was.

But if you grow up understanding that people being douches isn't something to get worked up over you stand a far better chance of not offing yourself when shit like this happens.

And there were most definitely outside influences. I'm not debating that in the slightest. But you have to realize and can't take away from the fact that in the end she is the one who decided to pull the trigger. No one else.
    "Stressing out". You mean being harassed and made to look like a whore? Yea man, if only she had "toughened up" she wouldn't have been "stressing out" so much. Damn people and their feelings, psyche, and emotional states.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    They did that in Columbine.
    Yes (?)

- - - Updated - - -

The police were informed about this and they said they couldn't do anything about it.
    Which is why I say it is a shame she didn't shoot her bullies first.

(If) Your society is sick and no one wants to do anything about it; (then) it is up to the victims to do something; and screw you if you think that's "unfair"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Yes (?)

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why I say it is a shame she didn't shoot her bullies first.

(If) Your society is sick and no one wants to do anything about it; (then) it is up to the victims to do something; and screw you if you think that's "unfair"
    I'm not opposed to victims fighting back to defend themselves but a school shooting is not the answer. Much in the same way that I don't think a punch to the face warrants killing your attacker.

I'm not opposed to victims fighting back to defend themselves but a school shooting is not the answer. Much in the same way that I don't think a punch to the face warrants killing your attacker.
    Sure, and I'm saying if there's one of you, countless of them, scool doesn't do shit, parents are alcoholics and don't do shit, police don't do shit, lock and load baby.

I was going to say "At least it will be a catalyst for a change in attitude" but let's face it Columbine was what, nearly 20 years ago now? No one still gives a fuck, clearly not enough child-sized bodybags have been utilised yet. Didn't your president even say "I'm not even gonna bother saying 'never again'" or words to that effect after Sandy Hook?

Like I said earlier in the thread, it's a disgusted reaction to a disgusting situation. I just don't expect kids for whom the majority of existence has been misery at the hands of others to hold either any respect for human life or any sympathy for their bullies or their families when they shoot them dead. And that killing themselves without taking anyone with them is a wasted opportunity.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2016-12-05 at 10:24 PM.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    "Stressing out". You mean being harassed and made to look like a whore? Yea man, if only she had "toughened up" she wouldn't have been "stressing out" so much. Damn people and their feelings, psyche, and emotional states.
    Don't you find it interesting that the same people who are crying out about "Toughening Up" are the very same posters who cry endlessly about bias when they end up in trouble here?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Don't you find it interesting that the same people who are crying out about "Toughening Up" are the very same posters who cry endlessly about bias when they end up in trouble here?
    There might be overlap. It's not exclusively the very same posters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    There might be overlap. It's not exclusively the very same posters.
    Semantics?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Semantics?
    Fair cop, just nipping-in-the-bud those who will post to say they are of one group and not the other.