Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 55 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    of course the day one patch takes 4 years to download

and here I thought after watching kingsglaive it would be done
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

10GB patch, yo. Welcome to modern games, where day one patches are bigger than most entire games last generation : 3

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    10GB patch, yo. Welcome to modern games, where day one patches are bigger than most entire games last generation : 3
    this is why i don't download games if there is a physical version

because like my old 3ds I'll just run out of space
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    There's a lot of dialogue gems and so many interactions that are A+ For example,Prompto seems to develop a crush with every woman you come into contact with which could be super annoying but the way it's done it's actually more endearing than anything else. The best is when a Merc joins your group... not only is she fantastic but the way he interacts with her is adorable

But there are also very weird choices sometimes.
    Can't blame the guy... I mean, the girls he gets attached to are drawn really well...... Cindy for example.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

The patch is so big in mos part because it contains like 20 mins of cut scenes from kingsglaive. That's the funny part, movie was finished months ago but they didn't make time to put those files on the disc...(Disc itself is only 43GB so yes, they still had room to put more on it.)
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-12-05 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Can't blame the guy... I mean, the girls he gets attached to are drawn really well...... Cindy for example.
    Don't make me rant about how the only thing not ridiculous about Cindy is she's a mechanic

But yea, I don't blame him at all. Just pointing out how if they had written those interactions differently it could have been really offputting to me but the way they did do it was fun and actually helped me like him a bit more though truthfully I liked him after his episode of Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Don't make me rant about how the only thing not ridiculous about Cindy is she's a mechanic
    WHAT?! Outside of her Southern accent (silly English voices, the game's supposed to be listened to in Japanese!), everything about her is perfect.

AND I WILL NOT HERE OTHERWISE, YOU LEAVE MY FANSERVICE ALONE

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    WHAT?! Outside of her Southern accent (silly English voices, the game's supposed to be listened to in Japanese!), everything about her is perfect.

AND I WILL NOT HERE OTHERWISE, YOU LEAVE MY FANSERVICE ALONE
    She still has a rural accent in Japanese(yes japanese people have rural accents to )

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    She still has a rural accent in Japanese(yes japanese people have rural accents to )
    Oh, I know it's translating the regional dialect in Japanese to an English equivalent. I just can't tell the difference given the fact that I only understand a handful of phrases/words (I'm a terrible weeaboo) so it all just sounds like plain old Japanese to me when I hear it.

Man, i was joking about chapter 13 being midgar, but if this shit isn't a direct nibelheim reference i'm crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Oh thanks for that info I've been wondering if they do that (like I wonder what kind of an accent Ignis has as well) but I can't tell the different Japanese accents to be able to tell at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    How many hours do you have in?
    I think I have around 4-6 hours? I just did the first tomb dungeon which is when the camera problems became really apparent. I'd try to aim my camera at a warp point but it would instead hit a wall in a corridor and swing around. Maybe the problem is mostly limited to tight corridors but I've been frustrated trying to deal with it.

I have found that I shouldn't spend too much time manually moving the camera. For the most part it seems to try its best to be smart. It's when I try to take manual control that it fights with me.

Wasn't aware there were different control schemes. Might give that a shot. Definitely not a fan of holding down circle/square to attack and dodge.

After playing WoW, where the camera is whatever you make of it, the camera is this is just a struggle. Especially if you're fighting something large. The camera wants to just fuck around inside the enemy. I want it to just zoom way out and stop moving.

At any rate, this tread sums up my feelings about the story pretty well (not a huge fan):
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/commen...nt_ignore_the/

Deleted
    it's not final fantasy if the story isn't vague as fuck

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I think I have around 4-6 hours? I just did the first tomb dungeon which is when the camera problems became really apparent. I'd try to aim my camera at a warp point but it would instead hit a wall in a corridor and swing around. Maybe the problem is mostly limited to tight corridors but I've been frustrated trying to deal with it.

I have found that I shouldn't spend too much time manually moving the camera. For the most part it seems to try its best to be smart. It's when I try to take manual control that it fights with me.

Wasn't aware there were different control schemes. Might give that a shot. Definitely not a fan of holding down circle/square to attack and dodge.
    Type C control scheme is the best, makes combat very smooth

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Type C control scheme is the best, makes combat very smooth
    Ill try that when I get back on thx.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I'd try to aim my camera at a warp point
    Like putting the warp point in the middle of the screen ? You don't need to do that, you just need the warp point to appear on your screen, I just keep the warp point close to the edges of the screen. I just press down R1 to lock on a target and keep the warp point in a corner that way I can just release R1 and warp away really fast.

The go-to "rural" accent for Japanese is Kansai-ben. (Osaka/Kyoto) I haven't heard Cindy speak, so I can't say if its that or an even more boonies dialect. Basically the further you go from Tokyo, the less and less it sounds like Japanese. They even make fun of this in some shows where they use really obscure dialects. (Flying Witch comes to mind, the father has a really hick speech pattern that some of the chars are just like "....Wat? Was that Japanese?" in response to him.)

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    it's not final fantasy if the story isn't vague as fuck
    I would actually say most FF games have a vague story. VI, VII and X are the rarities which actually go deep into the story(maybe not a good thing either as I only like the story in VI of those 3). Most of the other ones are just wild goose chases to save the world, and more about the characters then the actual story. XV is pretty in line with that.

Now to start my playthrough in Japanese. I need to be lv99 by the time I hit chapter 13, cuz I better one shot everything in that god damn chapter.