Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unholy bracer nerf

Has any1 tested how the nerf affects unholy DPS on PTR ?
    is the chance to burst 4 wounds 5% now ?

It is good that they want to nerf them, another way to improve something else
    Less RNG > more class itself.
    I hope the spec will get an comeback without all these RNG factors

These needed a nerf, so unholy could be buffed. I wish that they would just chance the passive effect on the bracers entirely and make it baseline.

Deleted
    They wont buff unholy to compensate.

Why would they we are already highest dps when on target ;(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    They wont buff unholy to compensate.

Why would they we are already highest dps when on target ;(
    That is not correct at all. We are way below other classes at higher ilvl. Up untill aroud 860ish, we are competitive though, but then start to fall off rapidly.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerunnir View Post
    That is not correct at all. We are way below other classes at higher ilvl. Up untill aroud 860ish, we are competitive though, but then start to fall off rapidly.
    Apologies if my post wasn't obviously sarcastic enough.

In my defense i always resort to sarcasm when desperate as its the highest form of wit.

The issue is they nerfed more than what they listed which is the main pissoff. Not only is the wound count now 1-4 but the proc rate feels nearly halved in testing. It's pretty awful feeling, and many of you who don't have the bracers won't even understand what you missed out on as far as how fun the rotation is with them currently on live. On the PTR it's making the spec feel nearly unplayable in comparison so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Apologies if my post wasn't obviously sarcastic enough.

In my defense i always resort to sarcasm when desperate as its the highest form of wit.
    Sarcasm does not translate well through text.

Throw on a /s at the end to indicate sarcasm
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerunnir View Post
    Sarcasm does not translate well through text.

Throw on a /s at the end to indicate sarcasm
    I totally agree with you. In my defense i did put a wink.

I will be less subtle in future

Oops

Quote Originally Posted by Mucc View Post
    The issue is they nerfed more than what they listed which is the main pissoff. Not only is the wound count now 1-4 but the proc rate feels nearly halved in testing. It's pretty awful feeling, and many of you who don't have the bracers won't even understand what you missed out on as far as how fun the rotation is with them currently on live. On the PTR it's making the spec feel nearly unplayable in comparison so far.
    Anyone else have confirmation on the proc rate nerf? If this is true I'm ready to join the sky is falling club and switch to Frost.

On live the proc rate seems to be about 2.5 per SS/CS (testing without Castigator for more accuracy). On ptr it appears to be 2 per SS/CS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    On live the proc rate seems to be about 2.5 per SS/CS (testing without Castigator for more accuracy). On ptr it appears to be 2 per SS/CS.
    Not too bad then, thanks for testing it out.

Deleted

It feels pretty logical that the distributed probability is the same on 1-4 as 1-5 on live. So cutting one wound is a 20% nerf... which seems to be what people see on the PTR. I said this a while back but got shot down on discord for not having tested it.
    Last edited by mmoc1b385c8656; 2016-12-05 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranoch View Post
    It feels pretty logical that the distributed probability is the same on 1-4 as 1-5 on live. So cutting one wound is a 20% nerf... which seems to be what people see on the PTR. I said this a while back but got shot down on discord for not having tested it.
    I also logically think it's time to buff UH

Yes, but not sure if it was just bad RNG in my tests- but after having tested about 5 test lasting about 6 mins each it just feels like the proc isn't activating nearly as often as it was prior, or at the very least generally half as often. The amount of wounds wasn't what my comment was referring to. The amount of wounds being popped feels similar- just with castigator still in the testing it appears to proc much less in my limited testing.

Edit : Looks like they fixed what I was experiencing, proc rate seems normal again on the new PTR build.
    Last edited by Mucc; 2016-12-06 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucc View Post
    Yes, but not sure if it was just bad RNG in my tests- but after having tested about 5 test lasting about 6 mins each it just feels like the proc isn't activating nearly as often as it was prior, or at the very least generally half as often. The amount of wounds wasn't what my comment was referring to. The amount of wounds being popped feels similar- just with castigator still in the testing it appears to proc much less in my limited testing.

Edit : Looks like they fixed what I was experiencing, proc rate seems normal again on the new PTR build.
    Thank you for updating, good news all around on today's PTR!

Overall the nerf is barely noticeable. Getting a 5 proc was very rare, and even while it was nice damage wise it always throws a wrench in your rotation or would overpop wounds that weren't there and thus be wasted as a proc anyways.

It does seem like they fixed the proc rate or something. Definitely noticing a slightly higher proc chance this patch compared to last. Last patch I averaged 2 wounds per CS. Today its up to 2.2 wounds per CS. Not massive, but noticeable.

It does seem like they fixed the proc rate or something. Definitely noticing a slightly higher proc chance this patch compared to last. Last patch I averaged 2 wounds per CS. Today its up to 2.2 wounds per CS. Not massive, but noticeable.
    The real question is... why are you using CS?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    The real question is... why are you using CS?
    As is in live it's a viable talent to use, in the PTR it got a 20% buff. Very likely if things went live as is, it would end up being the go to talent. Tuning isn't done however, so this might change.