Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deavane View Post
    You raid Mythic? This is where things get interesting. I still believe in competition without splits. It is entirely possible to be a top 100 world guild without them. Not sure where you believe the competition is, but that's both our opinions.

Also don't need alts for class stacking, just a healthy roster.

OT, I'm interested how long it will be until we see the next Watcher post on Legendaries. The community will soon come to realize this isn't pure dumb luck for the players that have 4.
    yup i raid mythic,
    and i repeat, in a boss like ilgynoth, why i must choose the supposed bis legendary instead the rog pants?
    because the point was "if i dont have the exacly 2 bis legendary they are useless"

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    yup i raid mythic,
    and i repeat, in a boss like ilgynoth, why i must choose the supposed bis legendary instead the rog pants?
    because the point was "if i dont have the exacly 2 bis legendary they are useless"
    On a fight like Ilgy'noth, DPS isn't the concern, so keeping yourself alive with your "utility" legendary is an optimal choice. However, move to early Ursoc progression and I would assume you'd pick the DPS legendary to lessen the DPS requirement from other players. Same goes for Guarm or a fight like Mythic Helya currently.

Deleted
    yup, good luck for your lfr nights with all your benched
    i will do happily mithic even knowing this =)
    and then he does lfr and gets an leg while you get none.
    (just saw one drop yesterday in lfr was very amused )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    You don't need them but if you're competing against another player with 2 good legendaries and you have none, you stand no chance.
    unless you're method, idk who you're competing against. I used to hardcore raid, like not great but top 200 guilds. And I never knew people to get replaced cause some other warlock in another hardcore guild did slightly better.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    unless you're method, idk who you're competing against. I used to hardcore raid, like not great but top 200 guilds. And I never knew people to get replaced cause some other warlock in another hardcore guild did slightly better.
    That is pure bullshit. If you're on a boss like say Guarm and you're not getting him down befor the enrage, if you can get one other player that pushes you over, you'll get that player. Two legendaries on some classes means a LOT more damage compared to a player without.

I'm sure you'll do great in LFR though, thats not waht this is about however.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyahamd View Post
    People that play 10-16 h a day deserve more than you fucking plebs that put half an hour in.
    Those plebs account for far more of the revenue stream than the people who play like it's a job. You seem to be under the impression that this game is run for merit and not profit.

That is pure bullshit. If you're on a boss like say Guarm and you're not getting him down befor the enrage, if you can get one other player that pushes you over, you'll get that player. Two legendaries on some classes means a LOT more damage compared to a player without.

I'm sure you'll do great in LFR though, thats not waht this is about however.
    Ah the good old "that legendary could have meant a kill while I ignore the fact that everyone else in my raid probably did something wrong too but that doesn't further my hyperbole laden narrative so lets not mention it"

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Ah the good old "that legendary could have meant a kill while I ignore the fact that everyone else in my raid probably did something wrong too but that doesn't further my hyperbole laden narrative so lets not mention it"
    What does that have to do with anything? If you preform worse than another player and you're competing for a spot, you're out.
    If it's you standing in fire and the other player's not, then that might very well get you replaced but if you simply can't do enough DPS then 2 legendaries sure can help... a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    You misunderstood what you quoted by the look of it. I think he/she is saying that without DPS legendaries (preferably BIS), you can replaced by another player who does. Even today, for a fight like Mythic Helya, recruiting optimal classes and those who have BIS legendaries is a favorable thing to do.

What does that have to do with anything? If you preform worse than another player and you're competing for a spot, you're out.
    Unless you're running that kind of guild yourself Guild Survivor guilds don't last very long.

They put a new system in place that puts DR on legendary drops. Taking the 5th one takes as much time as getting from 0 to 4. No wonder why noone have gotten a 5th one.
    I dont get why blizzard design such a complicated systems that noone likes...

You can take a look here for details: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rs-Spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Unless you're running that kind of guild yourself Guild Survivor guilds don't last very long.
    A guild thats stuck on a boss and refuses to replace people that preform poorly is not going to survive for long either.

Quote Originally Posted by goriander View Post
    One is Prydaz and the two that I equip are useless stat sticks because they're for a different spec. Fixing this shit doesn't take any dev time, all Blizz needs to do is to either increase the drop rate by 300-500% (for every player, not just brand new 110s that seem to get 1-3 legendaries in their first 24h after dinging nowadays) or make a vendor that allows you to trade 2 legendaries for a legendary of your choice.
    Yeah, they can do that and remove all sense of thrill.
    Why would I do any heroics-mythics if I had my BiS legendaries?
    I'ld log 3 times per week for raiding.
    I do think they need to provide some "catch-up" mechanism for when people respec, but just bumping the drop chance is terrible.
    Maybe an one-time big quest line to turn all legendaries into random ones for a different spec.

Quote Originally Posted by kavousanos View Post
    Yeah, they can do that and remove all sense of thrill.
    Why would I do any heroics-mythics if I had my BiS legendaries?
    I'ld log 3 times per week for raiding.
    I do think they need to provide some "catch-up" mechanism for when people respec, but just bumping the drop chance is terrible.
    Maybe an one-time big quest line to turn all legendaries into random ones for a different spec.
    The same reason you logged on before RNG legendaries were in the game, and because people after all this time still don't have 2 legendaries, let alone 4 to trade for their 2 BiS

yup i raid mythic,
    you exactly, then you agree with me that the statement "if you dont have the 2 bis legendary you are useless" is simply false, even if this is a hyperbole

you exactly, then you agree with me that the statement "if you dont have the 2 bis legendary you are useless" is simply false, even if this is a hyperbole
    False for some, not for others. A lot of Hunters (for example) get sat on M Gaurm if they don't have the boots, simply because they don't push the dps needed that other classes can do with other legendary items. My guild is still working M Odyn which I have a chance to be in on because I perform the fight well as do my other raid members; however, I will probably not see M Gaurm until the guild has enough gear to push the enrage without legendary items simply because I do not have the boots while another hunter in our guild does. Move on to M Helya, and I suddenly have a spot again because that particular legendary isn't as important. Are people completely useless without them? No, not really, but the chances of being in for a M kill in a roster of 30+ people is slim to non existent without the correct one.

If you had every legendary in the game what would be the point of playing?

I don't agree that there should be a soft-cap, but still don't cry about not having every legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by wikinews View Post
    If you had every legendary in the game what would be the point of playing?
    Who plays this game for the sake of collecting legendaries? also removing soft cap isn't going to make legendary rain from the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by iky43210 View Post
    Who plays this game for the sake of collecting legendaries? also removing soft cap isn't going to make legendary rain from the sky.
    I would say majority of this expansion for PvE players is about getting BiS legendaries, is it not?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wikinews View Post
    I would say majority of this expansion for PvE players is about getting BiS legendaries, is it not?
    No, that's not quite accurate, not for most and certainly not for all PvE players.
    I personally care about overcoming challenges in a group, when it comes to what the game is "about". Whether all players in my group are at 0 legendaries or have BiS matters not.

If you make your playtime "about" getting your BiS legendaries... then what? What's the fucking point? You'll be unhappy if you don't luck out and get them and you'll be like "meh" if you do.
    You don't need them to get a spot in a raid (or rather, any raid that only takes you with them if you have BiS legendaries is going to be so cancerous that I'd question why you'd want to be there), that's what a proper guild is for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.