Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

RIP HeroesNexus?

So i readed in morning, that soon OverPwn will be closed, and probably same fate will happend to HeroesNexus, in that case question.

Any other good site worth to look for news etc? Reddit is not my cup of tea kinda.

The difference between Overpwn and HeroesNexus is the talent calculator. There's a whole lot of people using that thing. I suppose they could stop posting news and "merely" maintain the calculator and builds portions of the site.

As for other sites, I'm not sure there are any dedicated to all kinds of Heroes news outside of the subreddit. Ryme and I are doing what we can to keep on top of things and post them here as we find them.

10+ Year Old Account
    For all i know, the last news in HeroesNexus is was about Varian on PTR and then, well admin said that more important for him is Hearthstone and WoW. ;/ Also there is HeroesFire but idk about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    As for other sites, I'm not sure there are any dedicated to all kinds of Heroes news outside of the subreddit. Ryme and I are doing what we can to keep on top of things and post them here as we find them.
    To be honest, I stopped visiting HeroesNexus a while ago, because they were really slow with updates, and just started using this subforum for any news. You guys are doing fantastic job here, keep up the good work! <3

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    To be honest, I stopped visiting HeroesNexus a while ago, because they were really slow with updates, and just started using this subforum for any news. You guys are doing fantastic job here, keep up the good work! <3
    Thank you! We do it for you guys. <3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Any other good site worth to look for news etc? Reddit is not my cup of tea kinda.
    There is heroesfire.com. Though they tend to update quite slow. http://masterleague.net/ is good for esports, and use https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...communitylinks to find many more.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Yeah, I just use this sub forum/twitter/reddit for news. The guy that maintains the websites is working on Hearthpwn now or atleast that's where the focus is.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Yeah, I just use this sub forum/twitter/reddit for news. The guy that maintains the websites is working on Hearthpwn now or atleast that's where the focus is.
    It's fair enough if it's just the one guy doing everything TBH. Hearthstone is pretty busy currently.

I'm not sure if it's because the community is small or what, but I find it odd that such a high profile Blizzard game has so few dedicated fansites. I found the same thing with SC2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I'm not sure if it's because the community is small or what, but I find it odd that such a high profile Blizzard game has so few dedicated fansites. I found the same thing with SC2.
    I know right? Sclegacy was the last proper Sc2 fansite.
    The rest is either Esports stuff or a sc2mapster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly in Poland we got only bohaterowieburzy fan site, but i don't visit this site anymore, due to some people from official forums who i consider as idiots.

The point is... LoL is still popular and that pisses me off.

I generally just check the HotS subreddit for news, and I use Hotslogs for talents/etc... so I haven't really made use of HeroesNexus in a while anyway - I think Blizzard does a pretty good job nowadays of keeping us updated, and since they don't really have a set, frequent release cadence like LoL does, there's no need for a site like Surrrender@20 (which is fantastic) to cover big PTR dumps and the like. It seems like as a general rule, with Heroes, we pretty much see the upcoming stuff when Blizzard puts it out, but I can't recall when a fansite really had much in the way of a BIG leak or spoiler or anything, aside from the astute observation about Varian in the weeks prior to his announcement.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda sad to see Heroes Nexus dying before us like this. I really liked the sight, but as was said, it hasn't been updated in a month.

It's now official. HeroesNexus is shutting down.

http://www.heroesnexus.com/forums/he...ad?page=7#c125

The writing was on the wall, I guess. :/ Sucks to see it go since it was such a well polished site that was easy to check out hero abilities and whatnot, same for seeing the new skin animations and textures etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    The writing was on the wall, I guess. :/ Sucks to see it go since it was such a well polished site that was easy to check out hero abilities and whatnot, same for seeing the new skin animations and textures etc.
    Agreed, I will really miss it.

And here it is. HeroesNexus will shut down for good on March 1st. RIP

http://www.heroesnexus.com/news/1812...sing-our-doors

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    And here it is. HeroesNexus will shut down for good on March 1st. RIP

http://www.heroesnexus.com/news/1812...sing-our-doors
    What the hey

I figured they'd be good since the builds are on the website.

I imagine Hearthpwn shouldn't be going anywhere...right...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hououin Kyouma View Post
    What the hey

I figured they'd be good since the builds are on the website.

I imagine Hearthpwn shouldn't be going anywhere...right...?
    Yep he said Heathpwn is more important than HeroesNexus. Admin ofc.

Deleted
    HeroesNexus is dead since 9/16?! Just look at their forums - people even discuss where they will get their hots news.