Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    hippos contest with lions alligators and other blood thirsty hippos bear on bear fights is nothing like what a hippo goes though a hippo would just gore a bear and rip into its chest probably come out the other side of it.

If a bear wants to kill a hippo, it's going to kill the hippo. Bears rarely fight each other to the death.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    They really are, as long as it's snowing and they're playing against the 49ers.
    LOL.

it's sad. I thought they were an 8-8 team at worst this year.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    If a bear wants to kill a hippo, it's going to kill the hippo. Bears rarely fight each other to the death.
    hippos live in a much more threatening environment a hippo would rolfstomp a bear easily.

Hey, I like bears too!

Yeah bears are so awesome, they're so majestic and wonderful and d'awww so cute when they claw out your intestines while your heart is still beating.

I swear, some of you would last less than five minutes in actual wilderness.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yeah bears are so awesome, they're so majestic and wonderful and d'awww so cute when they claw out your intestines while your heart is still beating.

I swear, some of you would last less than five minutes in actual wilderness.
    Psh, in Canada some old man survived a bear attack by punching it in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Psh, in Canada some old man survived a bear attack by punching it in the face.
    That's what you're supposed to do when faced with a predator, bears have been clocked running up to 35 mph and running just triggers the prey response. Fight back or play dead, good luck luck choosing which.

He should have had some bear mace on him though. Silly old man.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Black bear: Fight back
    Grizzly bear: Play dead

Works all of the time 90% of the time.
    Everyone says something different. If you find a mother bear with her cubs, you're better off playing dead. They're not interested in fighting, just defending cubs. My opinion regarding playing dead with grizzlies is that it is generally a bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    As life goes on, I've come to realize just how awesome Bears are.

Imagine for a moment that you're a grizzly bear in Yellowstone. You wake up from a long hibernation and you're hungry.

You leave your den, with your tons of muscle and sharp claws/teeth hungry as shit. The entire park is practically your buffet.

Oh lookie, a baby bison. Ima eat it! What, you think you can run away? You can't. Wanna know why? Cause i'm a bear. What chu gonna do about it mama bison? The answer is nothing, because i'm a bear. Oh, is that a fisherman reeling in a big salmon? Ima take it. What you gonna do about it Fisherman? The answer is nothing, because i'm a bear.

Bears are majestic creatures; roaming THEIR forests willing to do and eat whatever it wants, because they're bears and nothing even comes close to their power.

Bears are awesome.
    Yellowstone is a must see Ive been twice and its awesome. Saw Grizzly both times even though they are not commonly seen. First trip I saw an old male at 40 freaking yards. Saw a lot of black bears as well some with cubs. They were more common and I got to see one prey on a marmot.

The second time I saw a predation on a buffalo calf which turned into a fight between the mother and the grizzly bear. Bear lost an ear but the calf must have been worth it cause after the fight he sat down and enjoyed some veal.

I also got to see some wolves but only once. Must have been close to the den because it was a she wolf and her pups. Cute little buggers.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2016-12-06 at 06:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    not a fan of bears. although i am sure they can be ok if you give them a chance.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Those bears are scary in Skyrim.

And that was just a CGI bear. Imagine what a real one could do!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bears are the cutest balls of floofy fury ever! I got to be around a few yearlings and an adult black bear earlier this year and they are definitely a force to be reckoned with, thought the adult was quite gentle after having lived in caring captivity most of her life due to an injury. They have tremendous power, even at a very young age.

I got to do this during an internship! I'm the one with the long brown hair. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POdiTe34J2c

Deleted
    We need more threads like this. It makes the Gen-OT Forum bearable.

GEDDIT? BEA- * shot*

Deleted
    If they weren't so big and dangerous they'd be adorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you want a hug?
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Gotta watch out for Drop Bears in Australia
    they jump out of trees and rip ya apart

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It's a hoax; an Australian folklore.
    Bears are not hoax. Wait.... You must be a Drop Bear yourself trying to stir unwary tourist from watching out as your brethren drop out of the trees!!!!

This thread... much awesome!! Bears are awesome!!!

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    It's common to see them killed by wolves.
    Maybe the smaller black bears. But no way a Grizzly. Unless they are old, injured or sick.

I hate bears, they look weird they freak me out.