Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    The warrior set changes are great, before 5/6 pieces had crit on them, which is useless for Arms. Three pieces now have mastery instead of only 1 piece. Great changes
    For arms, which is already stronger than fury.

Yeah "great"
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apart View Post
    Seems like the developers are just blindly giving items new stats. It's a big mess if you look at the combinations. The only good item from the Warrior tier for all of their specs is literally the helmet, the rest is more or less horrible statwise.
    Warrior stats aren't that bad. At least for Furys. Ok the chest is not best combination but still you want some crit, even when 4th best stat or so. More Crit means higher enrage in the end. Combined with the 4 pieces bonus all in all this might work out pretty well. The other pieces have either mastery or haste or both. What you expect? They go Haste/Mastery on every piece?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    Warrior stats aren't that bad. At least for Furys. Ok the chest is not best combination but still you want some crit, even when 4th best stat or so. More Crit means higher enrage in the end. Combined with the 4 pieces bonus all in all this might work out pretty well. The other pieces have either mastery or haste or both. What you expect? They go Haste/Mastery on every piece?
    You really don't understand how fury works do you? More haste = more rage = more reliable enrage. Crit is a terrible mechanic that feels bad to use. Its RNG for our second most stacked stat of mastery. RNG doesn't proc, hello wasted mastery. Haste is reliable. Haste is good. Furious slash adds what little crit we need. Crit is entirely worthless as fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    True, but BM hunter set doesn't even work properly, it was half arsed to an early iteration of beta, has not changed since. It literally cant be utilized fully (4set). Dire Beast is 8s dura, set gives dmg buff for 10 and only to current, its a big miss xD
    Its ptr. I am sure they will fix it next expansion.

Deleted
    remember that classes have different speccs and for those speccs different stats are great. Not every single piece of T19 is going to have your strongest stat for your spec.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    remember that classes have different speccs and for those speccs different stats are great. Not every single piece of T19 is going to have your strongest stat for your spec.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    True but every time in the past there was at least some semblance of order between the pieces.

I don't see the problem with these changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    They changed it from nearly every piece having Crit/Haste to mismatching stats on nearly every piece. Literally, for every current Warrior spec, Haste and Mastery are better than Crit and Versatility. So yes, the only PERFECT item from our tier will probably be the helmet. Luckily, there is a suitable chest drop with Haste and Mastery to replace the chest. Would've been nice to have a table like MMO-Champion usually has with every gear type.

Deleted
    I wonder... The developing group, informatic engineers, couldn't programe the tier items to give them the best stats regarding the different specs?

For example arms: Mastery and haste Protection: Haste mastery(or versa)

In that way the tier items would be awesome both for stats and bonus set, maybe is quite hard to do that, or even impossible, but that's just an opinion.

And moreover has its own logic, they balanced the stats of all tier items in order to make them quite useful for all specs, But by doing that they are messing up the stats balanced and the stat priority of many builds, and finally seems counterproductive. What I suggest(and hopefully they read this) is dynamic stats items that vary depending the spec u are currently using.
    Last edited by mmoc67993a9c85; 2016-12-06 at 10:22 AM.

Warrior set stats before and after changes:

Current:
    2779 crit
    3637 haste
    506 mastery
    330 versatility
    Total: 7252

New:
    2142 crit
    2234 haste
    1727 mastery
    1522 versatility
    Total: 7625

Not sure how I feel about the changes. The stat allocation is much more balanced though, which is good...I guess? They also gave it about 400 extra stat points.

It would be nice if they reduced crit even more and put more haste and/or mastery in the set though.

Deleted
    Versatility for most tanks is pretty decent, and some specs have scaling issues that cause it to be good, but it is just to gorram boring. It changes nothing about your rotation at all. A flat damage boost is the most uninspired thing you can put on an item. They should have removed Versatility and kept Multistrike. This would help a lot with the scaling of specs like Fire, where currently everything hinges on your ability to critical strike. If certain things procced off multistrikes instead, it would have solve these lopsidedness.
    If you're a DPS and Versatility is a good stat for you, that just means the spec is designed poorly and doesn't scale well with the more interesting stats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    You really don't understand how fury works do you? More haste = more rage = more reliable enrage. Crit is a terrible mechanic that feels bad to use. Its RNG for our second most stacked stat of mastery. RNG doesn't proc, hello wasted mastery. Haste is reliable. Haste is good. Furious slash adds what little crit we need. Crit is entirely worthless as fury.
    Works as intended by Blizzard (they do not want 100% reliable stuff and do want a certain amount of RNG involved if you havent noticed yet). If you find that terrible is irrelevant.

Edit: Obviously i know the benefits of haste over crit, if you think about jumping on this one again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Apart View Post
    They changed it from nearly every piece having Crit/Haste to mismatching stats on nearly every piece. Literally, for every current Warrior spec, Haste and Mastery are better than Crit and Versatility. So yes, the only PERFECT item from our tier will probably be the helmet. Luckily, there is a suitable chest drop with Haste and Mastery to replace the chest. Would've been nice to have a table like MMO-Champion usually has with every gear type.
    Got your point but if they would want o go for "perfection" they removed secondary stats all together. Complaining about other stats than best ones on gear is like complaining about a dog wagging tail.

Tell you the truth I think the major flaw they did with the gear was releasing its tables this long before its release. They could have made all of these changes without it being a shit storm if they had just held onto them and then released them closer to the patch.

All the versatility beind added to the hunter set is a bit annoying, given that it's a pretty "boring" stat compared to the other secondaries imo. but oh well. Versatility is the one secondary stat I wish Blizzard would get rid of entirely.

Deleted
    Warlock changes :

Old vs New:

Haste: 3772 - 1748
    Crit: 1718 - 2170
    Versa: 346 - 1606
    Mastery: 1779 - 2093

We lose 2k haste, and haste is a strong stat for ALL THE 3 FUCKING SPEC of warlock. WHY ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Warlock has lost nearly 2000 haste with the changes, wich is a strong stat for all the specs. But ok, they are doing it perfect!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Warlock has lost nearly 2000 haste with the changes, wich is a strong stat for all the specs. But ok, they are doing it perfect!
    yeah the warlock nerfs are a pretty extreme looking at the items. This should be reported to blizzard.
    I am still wondering what they are planning to make other stats more attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    Probably the first tier since the start of WoW that people will not use set pieces?
    M+ ilevel goes up with each patch to keep up with new raid tiers.
    M+ lets you pick a custom gear build - if i want every.single.piece of gear to have CRIT + HASTE, i can have it.

Now what really gives you better results - preset template in the form of a tier or the custom simmed build for max dps? The only way for a tier to be better, are the set bonuses. But i am sure once NH opens, there will be hundreds of threads about giving M+ set bonuses:

"i want set bonuses but i dont want to raid"
    "why shouldnt M+ get set bonuses"
    "m+ is harder than raids, it has to have set bonuses"
    "normal and heroic are a joke but they give set bonuses, m+ should too"

Wait so we are calling it a nerf now if blizzard shift around stats on our tier sets? With 7.1.5 not being finished? I mean if this was the last build that would come and this patch would be going live in a week from now then I would agree that you should be worried or dissapointed, but as of right now this can all just be reverted in 3 days from now for certain specs.

Hold on to your horses a little bit before yelling please, go to the PTR, test it out to see how it affects you. Cant really compare this to live servers as theres a ton of changes, not only tier sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Alextros View Post
    Rip Mastery. Paladins lose about 2200 mastery on their tierset, and the jewelry just gets ripped from Mastery
    Because for ret are the worst stat (we need some haste and then all crit/versa) and for Holy is behind crit and versatility too (but not the worst, the worst is haste for Holy). So the only one who needs some Mastery is protection and prot paladins can get a lot from trinkets, jewelry and enchants.

The Tier is now better stat wise for paladins.