Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Heres the love BrM has waited for

Elusive Dance
    Purifying Brew now clears an additional 15% of damage delayed with Stagger.
    It also grants up to 20% Dodge and damage done for 6 sec, based on the level of Stagger damage purified.

Gift of the Mists
    Gift of the Ox has an up to 75% increased chance to trigger, based on your missing health.

NEW Mystic Vitality - Stagger is now fully effective against magical attacks.
    Tier 5 Talent, in place of Diffuse Magic

Summon Black Ox Statue
    Summons a Black Ox Statue at the target location for 15 min, pulsing threat to all enemies within 30 yards.
    You may cast Provoke on the statue to taunt all enemies near the statue.
    Specializations changed from Brewmaster to Brewmaster/Windwalker

Dampen Harm
    Reduces all damage you take by 20% to 50% for 10 sec, with larger attacks being reduced by more.

Legendary wrists
    Also found this under the legendary changes. Sadly i see this change as a nerf (instead of 5% stagger removal from every dodge), but these are imo still very strong.
    Anvil-Hardened Wristwraps (Brewmaster): Each time you dodge or an enemy misses you, the remaining cooldown on your Brews is reduced by 1.0 sec.

Thoughts?
    Dont really see why WW needs Dave.. sad to see that its still a talent and not in core abilities

Oh and forgot, source: http://www.wowhead.com/news=258195/7...-spell-changes
    Last edited by mmocce4c669f54; 2016-12-06 at 03:41 AM.

I need to see the changes in action in relation to everything else before i make a final judgement, but hesitantly hopeful right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adain878 View Post
    I need to see the changes in action in relation to everything else before i make a final judgement, but hesitantly hopeful right now.
    Ive heard nighthold is pretty magic heavy raid (only rumors, cant confirm).
    But for raids, both Dampen Harm and our new talent Mystic Vitality sounds really awesome. Can finally go for something else than Healing Elixir to actually mitigate some dmg instead of healing it up!

Deleted
    Isn't Fort Brew + Stagger Pause (BoC) + Mystic Vitality kinda...broken?
    I can't say how "strong" it is, but surely there'll be mechanics that we straight up break with a 99% magic DR for 15s?

This is interesting, though it's going to be sad to give up healing elixirs. With so little reliable self heal, elixirs is great to pop you back up and give you a chance to game OD a bit. Yet staggering magic damage fully is just....so incredible and gives us so much more control, making up for a pretty big deficiency we've had.

I sort of wish gift of the mists was on a different tier than black ox brew. Though you can get a huge amount of brew rolling without it, it does get you so many more special delivery procs as well as more chances to purify and stagger. I highly doubt that 75% increased chance to heal will offset how much black ox does for us overall, but I might be wrong about that? I'd need to see some numbers, but I find it hard to think that it would really work out very well....not to mention how we'll probably want more brews to purify if we can stagger magic damage fully now.

At the very least this gives us a little bit to play with! And it targets some things we've complained about in a way.

Also i'm happy to see leveling our artifact past 34 will keep giving us damage. This is great since I just hit 34!
    Last edited by Geodude07; 2016-12-06 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enimas View Post

Thoughts?
    Dont really see why WW needs Dave.. sad to see that its still a talent and not in core abilities
    yeah... me neither?

I like the magic damage changes but this is still not addressing the bigger issues. We need some utility. We need more aoe threat. Lets fix zen meditate without the need of a legendary most people will never see. Change the multiple borderline worthless artifact traits. Change the 35 point trait to something useful.

Thoughts?
    It's either a placeholder as they aren't done implementing the new one, or they want to add it as a sort of utility alternative to Leg Sweep. I don't think it's particularly harmful, as I don't think anyone has ever used Dizzying Kicks in a non pvp setting, and even in PvP I'm fairly certain Leg Sweep is better. Although the downside to this is that now Brewmasters have lost their one unique utility.

Deleted
    Legendary wrists
    Also found this under the legendary changes. Sadly i see this change as a nerf (instead of 5% stagger removal from every dodge), but these are imo still very strong.
    Anvil-Hardened Wristwraps (Brewmaster): Each time you dodge or an enemy misses you, the remaining cooldown on your Brews is reduced by 1.0 sec.
    I like new version, it reduces CD of fortifying brew too. More IB/PB for BC play...

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Enimas;43629827]Gift of the Mists
    Gift of the Ox has an up to 75% increased chance to trigger, based on your missing health.
    [QUOTE]

Still don't get what this up to xx% means on such talent, did they not confirmed that Gift of the Ox is not RNG based at all during beta ? Can someone clarify ?

Quote Originally Posted by shadow82 View Post
    Gift of the Mists
    Still don't get what this up to xx% means on such talent, did they not confirmed that Gift of the Ox is not RNG based at all during beta ? Can someone clarify ?
    It's not random, it's based on a co-efficient of our damage taken and this talent reduces that co-efficient so that less damage taken is needed to trigger gift. But that's mathy-math stuff so it's presented in the format of "you trigger x% more at less health".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    It's not random, it's based on a co-efficient of our damage taken and this talent reduces that co-efficient so that less damage taken is needed to trigger gift. But that's mathy-math stuff so it's presented in the format of "you trigger x% more at less health".
    Wouldn't it be better to just say "You trigger 75% more GotO orbs"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to just say "You trigger 75% more GotO orbs"?
    *shrug* Sure. It's still pseudo-random, in that it is a chance-on-hit, based on health lost since the last orb. IIRC, it can proc earlier than the bad-luck-protection equation guarantees. It's just that, as you take X% damage, the chance approaches 1.0. Gift of the Mists adds another co-efficient, I believe, but I dunno for sure.

Gift of the Mists adds a separate mechanic to Gift of the Ox. GotO is based off of total damage taken. GotM speeds up the spawn rate, depending on how low your health is. If you're at 100% health then GotM won't do anything, if you're at very low health then GotM will spawn orbs up to 75% more often. So it's not a flat increase. It's a slight buff to solo/super easy content but if you have a healer then it's still hard to imagine the talent being better than BoB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit, did anyone notice the RJW buff WWs got? It now applies Mark of the Crane to up to 5 targets. Does that mean it now gives you 5 stacks of MotC if there are 5 targets???

If so that makes Hit Combo obsolete for M+. RJW will reign supreme!

- - - Updated - - -

Elusive Dance
    Purifying Brew now clears an additional 15% of damage delayed with Stagger.
    It also grants up to 20% Dodge and damage done for 6 sec, based on the level of Stagger damage purified.

Gift of the Mists

NEW Mystic Vitality - Stagger is now fully effective against magical attacks.
    Tier 5 Talent, in place of Diffuse Magic

Summon Black Ox Statue
    Summons a Black Ox Statue at the target location for 15 min, pulsing threat to all enemies within 30 yards.
    You may cast Provoke on the statue to taunt all enemies near the statue.
    Specializations changed from Brewmaster to Brewmaster/Windwalker

Dampen Harm
    Reduces all damage you take by 20% to 50% for 10 sec, with larger attacks being reduced by more.

Legendary wrists

Thoughts?

Oh and forgot, source: http://www.wowhead.com/news=258195/7...-spell-changes
    To be honest, the only real talent buff I'm seeing there is Mystic Vitality. I still think Healing Elixirs is still the go-to talent for non spell damage heavy fights. Dampen Harm got a buff, but I still don't see myself picking it over HE.

GotM is still the worst talent in that tree and will never replace BoB even if they buff it up to 100%.

Elusive Dance still not as good as BoC. A actual buff would have been making BoC baseline and giving us something else in its place.

I think WWs got better buffs than BrMs in those changes. Making Ox pet available to them adds some very nice and much needed utility to the spec. RJW buff sounds too good to be true.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    the changes to the legendary wrists are actually a buff because they affect fortifrying and black ox brew. Combined with tier 4pc and 34% haste we'll be swimming in brews like crazy

If you further combine that with the new Talent that lets us Stagger 100% of Magic damage and possibly high tolerance you're laughing because you're staggering incredible amounts of damage and able to purify it extremely frequently

Deleted
    Black ox for WW, what the heck?

- - - Updated - - -

Also that RJW change will make WW even more crazy in AOE damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    I like the magic damage changes but this is still not addressing the bigger issues. We need some utility. We need more aoe threat. Lets fix zen meditate without the need of a legendary most people will never see. Change the multiple borderline worthless artifact traits. Change the 35 point trait to something useful.

AOE threat? You have like 3 AOE threats+ RJW if you pick it or black ox statue

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    *shrug* Sure. It's still pseudo-random, in that it is a chance-on-hit, based on health lost since the last orb. IIRC, it can proc earlier than the bad-luck-protection equation guarantees. It's just that, as you take X% damage, the chance approaches 1.0. Gift of the Mists adds another co-efficient, I believe, but I dunno for sure.
    Actually, GotO isn't random anymore. There is no chance to proc orbs earlier than the "bad-luck-protection". You will always get an orb after cumulative damage taken (before Stagger) equals your maximum health. The only way to get an extra orb is through Obstinate Determination. Gift of the Mists speeds up that accumulation of damage taken based on your missing health, so that's not random either. Blizzard said they keep the wording "chance to spawn an orb" due to finding it too difficult to explain the actual mechanics to their "stupid" players via a tooltip. I don't really think Blizzard's decision here (intentionally keep a wrong tooltip instead of explaining a "complex" mechanic) is a good one.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Black ox for WW, what the heck?

- - - Updated - - -

Also that RJW change will make WW even more crazy in AOE damage.

- - - Updated - - -

AOE threat? You have like 3 AOE threats+ RJW if you pick it or black ox statue
    I just thought the same. I'm only 872ilv but on aoe packs I can go up to 1 mil damage with one or two special delivery procs. Even with RJW you can get to the same level and its more reliable. Not sure how anyone can overagro that...

Quote Originally Posted by longal View Post
    I just thought the same. I'm only 872ilv but on aoe packs I can go up to 1 mil damage with one or two special delivery procs. Even with RJW you can get to the same level and its more reliable. Not sure how anyone can overagro that...
    Well, we're not paladins and on skittish our agro drops, so we clearly have a problem with AoE threat.

Kappa