Poll: Should Flag Burning Be Illegal?

Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    the next part of the post addresses your concerns

good job avoiding it
    No it doesn't. "Speech" includes all forms of communication. Vocal, written, symbolic, artistic, physically expressive etc etc. All covered. You'll never get anywhere in the US with an interpretation of the 1st amendment that doesn't, for instance, cover paintings.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    No it doesn't. "Speech" includes all forms of communication. Vocal, written, symbolic, artistic, physically expressive etc etc. All covered. You'll never get anywhere in the US with an interpretation of the 1st amendment that doesn't, for instance, cover paintings.
    or things like neo-Nazis having a parade through Jewish neighborhoods.

Making flag-burning illegal just strikes me as the sign of an insecure nation. It's really petty to legislate against and the flag is just a national ego thing.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean im not shocked that conservatives are against this while also simultaneously whining about so called pc police and sjw. I mean flag burning is unacceptable as an expression of speech but if you tell me i cant spit hate and vitriol well thats just my god given constitutional right. This was expressed so well when that milo yanninopolos cunt went on tv and said we're just protecting free speech and then told colin kaepernick to fuck off for taking a knee.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    This was expressed so well when that milo yanninopolos cunt went on tv and said we're just protecting free speech and then told colin kaepernick to fuck off for taking a knee.
    Wasn't that him disagreeing with the content of the speech rather than his ability to speak?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    No it doesn't.
    then maybe you should try to read a little harder

you know, the whole "we dont communicate by smacking two sticks together anymore" and how people only burn flags because "they know it pisses people off" part. If your intent was to communicate you don't like the direction of this country or something the government was doing and you decided to do that by burning a flag, you're doing a pretty poor job of communicating because the message you are sending is not being properly received.

I mean that's the whole point of speech. Burning a flag is like going to spain and speaking in poor spanish you want to fuck the pig and jizz all over it when you meant to say you want to stuff the pig and slather it in marinade

then maybe you should try to read a little harder

you know, the whole "we dont communicate by smacking two sticks together anymore" and how people only burn flags because "they know it pisses people off" part. If your intent was to communicate you don't like the direction of this country or something the government was doing and you decided to do that by burning a flag, you're doing a pretty poor job of communicating because the message you are sending is not being properly received.

I mean that's the whole point of speech. Burning a flag is like going to spain and speaking in poor spanish you want to fuck the pig and jizz all over it when you meant to say you want to stuff the pig and slather it in marinade
    He read it, I'm sure. It's just not a thought that's worth a shit. Or relevant to the actual discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    He read it, I'm sure. It's just not a thought that's worth a shit. Or relevant to the actual discussion.
    thats a really funny way of saying wow gandrake thank you for enlightening me

how did you even put that many letters wrong in your sentence

thats a really funny way of saying wow gandrake thank you for enlightening me

how did you even put that many letters wrong in your sentence
    It's easy for you to interpret it that way when you aren't capable of comprehending things like the basics of free speech. I don't blame you. I blame your parents.

10+ Year Old Account
    hey man you're welcome! I'm glad I could help.

hit me up if you need help with anything else

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    The one making the claim is the one who provides the proof, that is how it works.
    While you're trying to disprove something, yeah.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    While you're trying to disprove something, yeah.
    I'm not trying to disprove it, nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I'm not trying to disprove it, nice try.
    Then shut your pie hole.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It's still just a flag, you're free to attach whatever emotion to it but its still just a flag.
    And what message does this send?

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Freedom!?

/10char
    Don't get freedom and anarchy twisted.

No, what would we put on bonfires on the twelfth? Other than effigies of the Pope of course, that's a given.

Deleted
    Don't get freedom and anarchy twisted.
    He hasn't....

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    He hasn't....
    Just double standards of what is, and is not accepted, correct?

Deleted
    Just double standards of what is, and is not accepted, correct?
    No, its just you trying really hard to make flag burning seem something that it really is not. It is a piece of cloth, get over yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    No, its just you trying really hard to make flag burning seem something that it really is not. It is a piece of cloth, get over yourself.
    It's a symbol, not just a piece of cloth.

Deleted
    It's a symbol, not just a piece of cloth.
    That makes no difference what so ever, it is still just a piece of cloth.