Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    OK, so if DE was changed into an aura, then you would have fun playing Demo?
    yes. /10char
    BETA CLUB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuwiel View Post
    finally.

Btw, did you see the t19 stats changes ? aren't we already get fucked enough on this PTR ? why should they add more crappy stat on something mandatory ?! Why we must have to be fucked in all ptr build ? Still no changes on our legendaries. I'm kinda even more disapointed than i was before
    By fucked you mean the 40% CDF buff or Affliction becoming hilariously OP?

Chill and wait for next PTR - by the looks of things Affliction is about to get amazing (I'd be surprised they would keep 80% MG) and other two will become better as well with a bit of tuning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Chill and wait for next PTR - by the looks of things Affliction is about to get amazing (I'd be surprised they would keep 80% MG) and other two will become better as well with a bit of tuning.
    Sure, affliction seems to be in a good shape. That buff looks insane, but I don't really play affliction now due to its poor gameplay (it's my opinion here). If it becomes viable, i'll play it.

I was more talking about destro and demono.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    Finally blizzard did it, I have decided to quit my warlock, we just got lies since alpha and things are not gonna change, every time we got dissapointment after dissapointment from blizzard, they really dont care of the game any longer, they just want to make profit. I have decided to unsubscribe an stop giving them money. Was good while lasted but PTR changes are not going to fix us.
    Don't go outside, the sky is falling!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

You seem to forget that they didn't do anything to fix the affliction artifact weapon that relies on constant adds to be effective.
    You can buff affliction as much as you want it still won't change the fact that the spec is broken and unfinished.

Explain me in detail how exactly demon is going to get amazing with no changes except heavy nerfs into talents and tier stats. Bring the light to me, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    You seem to forget that they didn't do anything to fix the affliction artifact weapon that relies on constant adds to be effective.
    You can buff affliction as much as you want it still won't change the fact that the spec is broken and unfinished.
    And who bloody cares really about that??? What would be your fix? To do more damage? Because that's exactly what was done last PTR release.

It does not matter whether these traits are active only sometimes or now, what matters is bottom line damage and you got it now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Explain me in detail how exactly demon is going to get amazing with no changes except heavy nerfs into talents and tier stats. Bring the light to me, please.
    Wait for next PTR release, it's pretty obvious they aren't done yet. Same shit as before where people were in sky is falling mode for affliction and with literally 1 change it became silly good now.

This is exactly the light I am trying to shine on you all - your presumed "clunky/broken" spec shit is mostly just the case of tuning that can be done quite easily once time comes, just like in this PTR.

Affliction is looking better and better, but I still am perplexed about the Synergy change. Something in internal testing must have warranted a 15% nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KpandaK View Post
    Seriously dude, quit the inferority complex. You're special, we get it.
    Like I said, I got feteory already so idc. Feteory allows destru to not be the most boring shit ever on ST fights thanks to the synergy with soul snatcher + conduit. Wasn't talking about numbers there.
    And whilst we are at it we will buff Fire Mage crit by 50%, SPriest madness genereration by 100%, Boomkin AP generation by 200% and give DK's infinite runes.
    To balance this we will remove ALL damage dealt.

You must realize that by giving Warlocks op mechanics like baseline Feteory they would have to compensate by destroying Chaos Bolt damage, again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maculo View Post
    Affliction is looking better and better, but I still am perplexed about the Synergy change. Something in internal testing must have warranted a 15% nerf.
    Its going 40 to 35 cause Synergy is pretty much the only choice we got right now as Demo warlocks. Service is arguebly usefull in some scenarios but realistically you'd rather want Synergy and rely on it to proc when you needed it for max damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    And whilst we are at it we will buff Fire Mage crit by 50%, SPriest madness genereration by 100%, Boomkin AP generation by 200% and give DK's infinite runes.
    To balance this we will remove ALL damage dealt.

You must realize that by giving Warlocks op mechanics like baseline Feteory they would have to compensate by destroying Chaos Bolt damage, again.

- - - Updated - - -

Its going 40 to 35 cause Synergy is pretty much the only choice we got right now as Demo warlocks. Service is arguebly usefull in some scenarios but realistically you'd rather want Synergy and rely on it to proc when you needed it for max damage.
    Its going 35 to 25, to ensure it is pure trash.

Deleted
    And who bloody cares really about that??? What would be your fix? To do more damage? Because that's exactly what was done last PTR release.

It does not matter whether these traits are active only sometimes or now, what matters is bottom line damage and you got it now.
    Now you give blizzard to much credit... It's an Exp. about Artifact weapons etc, and for some reason blizzard changed (at last second) the "use ability" leaving a weapon unfinnished. I always though that blizzard knew that it was problematic and changed it last second, so they had time to correct it in the next major patch. What would be now tbh....

Just buffing raw affliction dmg to be on pair with no adds, will make the spec OP with alot of adds........ and then they can nerf it again .. the weapon is the major problem why affliction is in so much problems
    Last edited by mmocb8215096a5; 2016-12-06 at 01:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Its going 35 to 25, to ensure it is pure trash.
    Source? Last time I checked it was 40 to 35.

10+ Year Old Account
    Source? Last time I checked it was 40 to 35.
    The front page.

- - - Updated - - -

You are as incapable of understanding my PoV as you are at the true limits of the class.
    It's a class with a high skillcap, designed for people that like those types of things. If you enjoy putting in the effort you will be rewarded. Those who do not should reroll and not insisnt in a simplification of it. Hunters exist for that very reason, go play that instead.
    Also, knowing more and performing better DOES make my opinion and feedback more valueable. I have a better insight than those which perform worse and know less.
    You have no idea how I perform, and I've never once complained about it being 'hard', nor have I complained about throughput since the buffs a couple of months ago. I've complained about things like the basic UI being unable to support the playstyles properly, or mechanics being too opaque for the average player to notice or pick up (I have a heavily customised UI myself, so I point these things out because I hate having to mess with it). But I've always been confident in my own ability to 'handle it'.

There is a reason you want educated politicians to rule a country and not drug abusing hobos.
    That would be an ideal, but that's not actually what we get; we do get drug abusers, our previous Chancellor was a renound coke-fiend, the PM fucked a pigs head, and our current foreign secretary has been sacked from several jobs for habitually lying as well as paying to have a colleague beaten up; most of the cabinet have qualifications entirely unrelated to the departments they've ended up running. People don't always get the jobs they get through being qualified. That's true of every level of society.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-12-06 at 02:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    That would be an ideal, but that's not actually what we get; we do get drug abusers, our previous Chancellor was a renound coke-fiend, the PM fucked a pigs head, and our current foreign secretary has been sacked from several jobs for habitually lying as well as paying to have a colleague beaten up; most of the cabinet have qualifications entirely unrelated to the departments they've ended up running. People don't always get the jobs they get through being qualified. That's true of every level of society.
    That's all? Seems like you have decent politicians in your country, you should feel lucky.

That's because people that enjoy Warlock in it's current state don't struggle with playing it. It's a matter of knowing what to do. A more knowledgable person will look down on someone less knowledgable when they are debating the same thing. You want a carpenter to make decision on how your new wall should be made, not a clown.
    Are you seriously that thick? Never once said I struggled to play the class, nor did I ever say I was having trouble with knowing what to do. It's just not a fun playstyle to me and to many others. What's so hard to understand about that? The best iteration of warlock the game has ever known was Tier7 affliction IMO and it was far more complex than any warlock spec in game right now. It's not about how difficult it is, it's just that it doesn't feel fun.

Under what bridge do you sleep? Just because you aren't seeing numbers doesn't mean others don't.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...962&dataset=90
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...t=90&boss=2008

As I say if you are topping with your warlock them the performance of your raid guild or pug is very bad or you are playing against people with very low gear, I gave you facts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...962&dataset=90
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...t=90&boss=2008

As I say if you are topping with your warlock them the performance of your raid guild or pug is very bad or you are playing against people with very low gear, I gave you facts
    Giving statistics is not the same as giving facts. First of all, you picked 2 fights that are not the best for Warlocks, especially destruction. Second, the number of parses is far to low to be in any way statistically relevant.

So: Yes, if you play against the best of the best of the best, you would not be number # on the meters with equal skills. If you look at odyn M, warlock (actually surprisingly all specs) are in the top 6.

So: We're good at some fights, not so good at others. Where is the problem exactly?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Giving statistics is not the same as giving facts. First of all, you picked 2 fights that are not the best for Warlocks, especially destruction. Second, the number of parses is far to low to be in any way statistically relevant.

So: Yes, if you play against the best of the best of the best, you would not be number # on the meters with equal skills. If you look at odyn M, warlock (actually surprisingly all specs) are in the top 6.

So: We're good at some fights, not so good at others. Where is the problem exactly?
    We are good at some fights but not at the very top although we a re a pure dps class, so not that good and not even in every fight,if we dont move too much, its not worth the time investment . In dungeons , we are still way behind others, yet what i am reading in 7.1.5 is another nerf on demo .
    You can have a lot better with some classes smashing 2 buttons like hunter, that's the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by laelian View Post
    We are good at some fights but not at the very top although we a re a pure dps class, so not that good and not even in every fight,if we dont move too much, its not worth the time investment . In dungeons , we are still way behind others, yet what i am reading in 7.1.5 is another nerf on demo .
    You can have a lot better with some classes smashing 2 buttons like hunter, that's the problem.
    - Don't need to be at the very top. There can be always only 1.
    - Definitely don't need to be at the very top for every fight. That would only lead to nerfs.
    - Does not matter if we are a "pure dps" class or not. Hybrid tax is now considered to be unnecessary. You can think of that what you want, it won't come back.
    - Not sure what you mean with dungeons. If you mean heroic dungeons, then: who cares about those?
    If you mean m+ dungeons, I think the lock can be quite competitive already and will be even more competitive after the nerfs to other classes in 7.1.5.

Lastly: Not sure if hunters are smashing 2 buttons. But I'm pretty sure that you haven't played one either, so don't make assumptions that you cannot validate.

This is exactly the light I am trying to shine on you all - your presumed "clunky/broken" spec shit is mostly just the case of tuning that can be done quite easily once time comes, just like in this PTR.
    Your mightier than thou attitude seems to have blinded you to the very simple idea that different people are wanting different things from their class.

Some people want to do strong damage and feel like they're contributing to kills. For them, number tuning can solve their problems, but it will introduce new ones. This is currently what's happening with Shadow Priests, and is the reason StM is being nerfed.

Other people want to be engaged by the gameplay, and don't care about numbers. For them, tuning is irrelevant if they don't enjoy the playstyle.

Your rhetoric that greater skill means you have more authority to speak concerning problems of the spec is completely ignorant to people in the latter group. Some people have fun in different ways. Take the time to understand that before trying to silence other posters.