Page 44 of 87 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    So with the GoSac nerv incomming they´re also crippling our survibility even more than before.
    So much for tankiest caster.
    And ofc nobody really liked manatap so they´re buffing it and buffing it until it´s the only really good option in that row. Great really great classic Blizz fail aka. if nobody likes something lets shove it down their throat.

The helm he is talking about is

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    what helmet are you talking about?
    The affliction legendary helm - http://www.wowhead.com/item=132394

Kinda irked there are no real destro buffs. CDF is meh and maybe will have a slight edge to SC but really the mileage I've been able to get out of Wreak Havoc has been pretty significant....Also no changes to any of our legendaries which is pretty nice (thanks again blizz).

I really don't want to have to go aff for NH but if that's what has to happen....so be it. I just wished we could play which spec we liked and not the one that has been least molested by the nerf bat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonhead View Post
    The affliction legendary helm - http://www.wowhead.com/item=132394

Kinda irked there are no real destro buffs. CDF is meh and maybe will have a slight edge to SC but really the mileage I've been able to get out of Wreak Havoc has been pretty significant....Also no changes to any of our legendaries which is pretty nice (thanks again blizz).

I really don't want to have to go aff for NH but if that's what has to happen....so be it. I just wished we could play which spec we liked and not the one that has been least molested by the nerf bat.
    what's so good about this helmet?

am I missing something? all it does is make agony ramp up a little faster, once it's at the max amount of stacks it does nothing.. right?

convenient for target switching sure, but I imagine the bracers outclass this thing completely, so why would it be bis?

If they are not capable of fixing demo so that playing it doesnt give me brain aneurysm, may aswell nerf it to oblivion so I am not forced to play it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    what's so good about this helmet?

am I missing something? all it does is make agony ramp up a little faster, once it's at the max amount of stacks it does nothing.. right?

convenient for target switching sure, but I imagine the bracers outclass this thing completely, so why would it be bis?
    I'm not sure, but I think it also causes Agony to tick faster? Thus increasing Agony damage and Shard generation. I'm not sure though, as said.

Edit: I seem to have understood it correctly, at least I found a wowhead comment confirming my thoughts..
    Last edited by SirreASDF; 2016-12-06 at 12:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirreASDF View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think it also causes Agony to tick faster? Thus increasing Agony damage and Shard generation. I'm not sure though, as said.
    It does indeed make it also tick faster which in turn increases our shard generation, I heard it's around a 50k dps increase or something stupid like that.

Is it only me thinking they're making these changes just so the "Live Dev Q&A" won't be as spammed with "Warlock!?!?!" or that might just be me being cynical.

So where is that guy who said that class cannot be nerfed more? Before that change our tier set was not that bad now it's just garbage.
    On the other hand affliction changes seems nice for the first time.
    Last edited by Sunlighthell; 2016-12-06 at 01:27 PM.

I must say that I'm starting to get quite angry over Demonology. It's what I play--because I like it--and the nerfs and nerfs and nerfs aren't even funny.

I lost 1% of haste and 6 percent of mastery compared to live even after changes to 825+ gear in affliction. Have no time and addons to test dps but with reap activated and malefic grasp 1 singular ua tick crits for ~500k (without contagion) which is chaos bolt level of damage. They still cannot fix tooltip for agony. It shows 836k damage for me even without writhe talent. My thoughts are: they will nerf MG and contagion once again but as of now it seems that they made affliction competitive ST while not changing it much on multi targets fights. The moment we need to test is MG+PS, because obviously you will not channel much if you have Soul effigy. And I wonder does MG buff aoe element of PS?
    Last edited by Sunlighthell; 2016-12-06 at 02:02 PM.

Deleted
    It is almost guaranteed that Malefic Grasp is going to be nerfed a bit, I just hope they make it a viable option so you can skip out on soul effigy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotbotdotcom View Post
    It is almost guaranteed that Malefic Grasp is going to be nerfed a bit, I just hope they make it a viable option so you can skip out on soul effigy.
    Yeah, hope they've taken a 'we'd rather you didn't use Soul Effigy' stance on it.

So as it stands now, I wonder if contagation and malefic grasp, spacing out casts of UA etc is better than ELT and Haunt, building shards while Haunt is on CD and dumping all while you have Haunt on the mob. Malefic Grasp also doesnt specify which dots, just your damage over time effects, so should work with Phantom Singularity? Wonder if it works with swarming plaguehive and similar trinkets too.

The Aff changes don't make sense all around. But hey, still better than new tier stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Blizzard doesn't know jack-shit time and time again. No haste on tier? GoSyn nerfed? Yeah, it's time to stop playing.

Deleted
    I'm still confused about Drain Soul on ptr: is it 6 + 120% of spell power or 6 + 720% of spell power? MMO champ talent calculator shows 720% ... Both numbers are weird: 120% is nothing while 720% is almost twice as much as it is on live ...

well the nerf to synergy may be related to the buff that imps firebolt got... I think thats going to turn out to be mostly a wash in terms of damage. The tier gear stats are stupid....I have no desire to wear a crapload of versitility as destro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    well the nerf to synergy may be related to the buff that imps firebolt got... I think thats going to turn out to be mostly a wash in terms of damage. The tier gear stats are stupid....I have no desire to wear a crapload of versitility as destro.
    pretty sure that only the permanent imp pet gets the buff and not the imps you spawn from hand of gul dan

Deleted
    Currently testing all the changes and I have to say especially with the T19 2 and 4-piece Destro isn't looking as bad as I imagined.

While testing the new Destro legendary shoulders I noticed that the buff duration didnt change at all. It seems it's now a set buff duration of 5 seconds regardless of which rift spawns. I remember someone mentioning in an earlier PTR build that if you got the shadow tear rift you actually got a ~15 sec buff, did that get changed silently or what?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morthos1590 View Post
    Currently testing all the changes and I have to say especially with the T19 2 and 4-piece Destro isn't looking as bad as I imagined.

While testing the new Destro legendary shoulders I noticed that the buff duration didnt change at all. It seems it's now a set buff duration of 5 seconds regardless of which rift spawns. I remember someone mentioning in an earlier PTR build that if you got the shadow tear rift you actually got a ~15 sec buff, did that get changed silently or what?
    well yeah the T19 4 piece is really really good.

I would say it is unwise to test an amazing set and confuse it with the actual class changes on the ptr.
    Try testing the changes without the set.

Quote Originally Posted by Urgfelstorm View Post
    Effigy will still beat the RNG nature of SC by a heavy margin. Gahddo posted numbers apparently 16k dps difference between SC vs Affigy.
    16k isn't that much when dealing with numbers the size we're getting to. And it's easier to play that build with Conduit instead of Effigy so the results will likely be much closer in a live environment.

Worth imo just to not have to deal with Effigy for most encounters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation