Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I decided to macro Bloodthirst to my offensive CDs (Avatar, BC, Blood Fury since Orc) and it's been working very well for me on pulls. I'm now consistently getting 2 RBs into each Battle Cry window at 26% Haste.

I seem to also scale pretty well, as my parses have been getting steadily better as time went on. I'm not an amazing player by any means, but I'm climbing the ladder. Sadly, the Arms guy in our raids has been crushing me, but that's because he has better gear, consistently gets 80%+ parses and has Alaya's Stone Heart now so he's basically the highest DPS in the raid. Interestingly, my Fury buddy has the legendary helm and more Haste than me at a similar ilvl, but I still beat him most of the times. I'm better than him I think, but I also believe his mastery is too low, devaluing his high Enrage uptime too much.
    Although legendary helmet and higher haste sound awesome do improve the flow of the spec, they do not actually increase your dps so much and as in your case a less skilled (or maybe just distracted) player can be outranked be somebody on top of his game.

In an analogous situation with arms, with your rival having gloves and higher mastery rating, you probably wouldn't be able to compete, despite the skill gap.

Keep giving them hell furybro @Jastall.

Quote Originally Posted by raider3 View Post
    Although legendary helmet and higher haste sound awesome do improve the flow of the spec, they do not actually increase your dps so much and as in your case a less skilled (or maybe just distracted) player can be outranked be somebody on top of his game.

In an analogous situation with arms, with your rival having gloves and higher mastery rating, you probably wouldn't be able to compete, despite the skill gap.

Keep giving them hell furybro @Jastall.
    the helmet is +- 10% of total dps.

Yeah, the helm is pretty obscene. Not only is it a 8-11% damage boost, but just playing with it on the PTR... man, I was able to just spam rampage every ~7s or so, it was pretty obscene.

It's going to be even better in NH considering we'll be able to enrage much more with the 2pc. It's going to probably be relatively equal to Archavon's in 7.1.5.

Deleted
    Well You might be right. I have never actually played with the helmet. All I have to go on is simming my char with it and that gives me 20k dps increase on SIM. Which is 5% for me. I presume in game that would be like 4% increase.

I mean I still think it is awesome and does a lot for fury's rotation. Just doesn't do so much on the meters possibly.

Also that T19 set bonuses have me thinking. I mean sure there will be an enrage uptime increase, but even now I find myself in situations where I am enraged and with risk of rage caping. I usually opt to not lose rage and press rampage thus overlapping my enrage. I am thinking this will be happening much more often with 4p bonus and the actual value of it wont be that great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by raider3 View Post
    Well You might be right. I have never actually played with the helmet. All I have to go on is simming my char with it and that gives me 20k dps increase on SIM. Which is 5% for me. I presume in game that would be like 4% increase.

I mean I still think it is awesome and does a lot for fury's rotation. Just doesn't do so much on the meters possibly.

Also that T19 set bonuses have me thinking. I mean sure there will be an enrage uptime increase, but even now I find myself in situations where I am enraged and with risk of rage caping. I usually opt to not lose rage and press rampage thus overlapping my enrage. I am thinking this will be happening much more often with 4p bonus and the actual value of it wont be that great.
    If Enrage uptime is not giving you the results you want you might need to invest in a little more mastery.
    or look into your rotation.

The helm was pretty nice on the PTR. Not only could I basically take Furious Strike off my hotbar, but I never felt like I was doing any fillers. With the helm and execute ring, I was basically just using our 3 bread and butter abilities (RB, Rampage, and BT).

I thought all was well and good, but then I tried on the new Trinket. WoW, was I amazed! It's essentially a giant Str stat stick with a 1 min CD AoE usable damage ability. It did far and away much more damage compared to the helm. I'm pretty sure the Execute ring and the Trinket will be BiS once it's released. I was sitting at 884 ilvl with the full T19 set as well (you get that for free too).

Here's my thoughts on the PTR in this other thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post43613431
    Last edited by Lorkin; 2016-12-05 at 02:06 PM.

I think the helm might edge out the execute ring in 7.1.5, especially with the NH tier bonuses and the ring nerf.

The thing that makes the helm so good and future proof is that it straight up feeds into itself. The more rampages you get, the more enrages you get, the more rage you get, the more rampages you get (you get the cycle). And it will generally always get easier to enrage over time, never harder.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2016-12-05 at 07:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really understand why our artifact swords don't have haste on them.
    Derp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qazza View Post
    If Enrage uptime is not giving you the results you want you might need to invest in a little more mastery.
    or look into your rotation.
    How did you deduce that from my post? My personal enrage uptime has nothing to do with the points I made

Quote Originally Posted by Kayhos View Post
    I don't really understand why our artifact swords don't have haste on them.
    Derp.
    I was left with the impression that all artifact weapons have crit/mastery...

Lol this PTR build is hilarious, they are doing some wonky stuff with the Charge, like they did not have anything else to do with a Warrior...

Of course they changed literally ALL the haste stats on the T19 set to something else. If this isn't a blatant sign that the devs don't know what the F*@& they are doing, I don't know what is. The minor charge tweak is just the icing on the cake. The upped the helm but if you have the Legendary Helm already, gg.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Nighthold Item Changes in Patch 7.1.5 Build 23178

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Tier Set Piece Changes
    Last edited by Lorkin; 2016-12-06 at 01:44 PM.

Deleted
    This is all they've been doing all week? Goofing around with charge? Whats with more important issue that has been brought up like months ago? Massacre, Inner rage, Juggernaut, Outburst, Rage of the Valarjar?

still love how they HAD to increase the 2-set fury bonus to 15 freaking percent just to make it somewhat valid... and now the freaking 2set is a 100% increase over the shit baseline "bad-crit-luck-protection" we have...

the pure fact that something like this even gets onto a ptr is dumb beyond reasoning xD

OMG... those change... stats were the only thing keeping us close to arms dps wise....
    Those change fck us badly....

Seriously i don't understand them...
    We got shtt set bonus, shtt stats, gameplay is cool, but need some rework... they claimed that they will add some change in the mechanic (a build ago) it's the end of the ptr... and nothing... no major change yet.

Ok, I'm a good raider, i perform good (90-95 percentile and over) but when i see (add everyclass you want) performing around 50 percentile and beating me way down, while eating popcorn, this made me question myself....

7+ Year Old Account
    Dont get too upset until we see the changes to secondary stats and how they play out.
    Delmore - Warrior
    Delmoré - Demon Hunter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    Dont get too upset until we see the changes to secondary stats and how they play out.
    but... but I want to rage!!!!

EDIT: To add something of substance.
    I agree, that we need to wait for the changes to secondary stats and for what changes will actually hit live but tbh I am getting a bit more pessimistic seeing the changes we are getting.

Nighthold set looks pretty awful now. If you got lucky enough to get one of our BIS legendaries (helm - I don't have it) you are screwed out of the best itemized piece in the set.

They did something similar to arms though, where the gloves are the piece with the highest amount of mastery in the NH set.

It almost seems like they try to balance the gap between BIS legendary players and players without those legendaries via the set secondary stats...

EDIT2: The only problem (in comparison to Arms) is that they only need to equip 2 set pieces to get their OP setbonus. We need to equip 4, where at least 1 or 2 will not have any haste on them, to get to a decent setbonus.
    Last edited by mmoc50415506bf; 2016-12-06 at 04:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to see actual changes to Fury on the ptr.

Is the Charge change a PvP thing? Not that anyone wants Sephuz, but I'm stuck with it for now and losing the ability to use Charge to proc it is a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Montegomery View Post
    Is the Charge change a PvP thing? Not that anyone wants Sephuz, but I'm stuck with it for now and losing the ability to use Charge to proc it is a big deal.
    PVP thing i think to dont waste a GCD with a slow soon when you charge. With sephuz now fuck shockwave in the right time for survival, better to use after charge

Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    It's on the PTR already unless I'm mistaken and what I'm seeing is that with ilvl875 there's basically no change to our total stat (+0.1% here, -0.1% there) BUT the most severe nerf was to haste so that affects us slightly more than other specs. With the removal of haste on MANY Nighthold items, it looks like our gear won't help us. It's always been a way to balance specs for Blizz but this time we drew the short straw.

I'm usually the "wait and see" kind of guy but coming from mage in WoD and since the beginning of Legion, I'm starting to lose faith.
    Devs don't do shit for the spec besides some bandaid number buffs once in a while. And that's still true in 7.1.5 since there are NO change to our core mechanics that pose a problem and the "buffs" to some talents are mediocre at best (besides Reckless Abandon maybe).

What blows my mind is that fixing the spec is so easy and requires only a few change but they are frigid and conservative "because they don't want rework mid expac" while they do sweeping changes to fire/MM/Shadow at the same time which is really starting to feel like double standards.

Maybe it's our fault ? Maybe we don't whine enough on the forum ?