Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Is momentum useless now?

Just checked through the new PTR build and a few comments. Is momentum the worst choice now?

For AOE it's still best i suppose.

I'm kinda happy they finally made it not as strong as it was currently, means I can actually use it for movement rather than for dps. Though I can still see it being best for AoE, which is nice! I'm looking forward to Fel Blade and First Blood however.

RIP what made DH fun......
    Might as well play Rogue now, same thing, but better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Management View Post
    RIP what made DH fun......
    Might as well play Rogue now, same thing, but better.
    Was thinking the same thing, Momentum playstyle i what finally ripped me away from Feral druid, if they are gonna start shifting us towards just standing there like every other melee I'll just go back to it.

Deleted
    If Blizz makes momentum shit I am quitting the game no other DPS class is fun *to me* right now, just standing there hitting stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I'm kinda happy they finally made it not as strong as it was currently, means I can actually use it for movement rather than for dps. Though I can still see it being best for AoE, which is nice! I'm looking forward to Fel Blade and First Blood however.
    FelRush still used for DPS even without momentum on live. Does this change on PTR? D:

Also, i don't like momentum that much, however i think Felrush should always be part of the rotation, Moving around is Fun. i would be more of a fan of Momentum if it was a stackable buff with charges that empowered your next 3~~4 spells used or something. I have much more fun in general with Nemesis, while still using felrush without caring for Momentum buff.

But yeah, If they make DH to just stand still like other Melee, it will Suck, a lot.

And momentum should always be above other talents, even if by not much. Because it requires much more playerskill to use it correctly and should be rewarded equally.
    Last edited by DeuZWw; 2016-12-06 at 12:59 PM.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Fel Rush is part of the rotation, it's just filler rather than large dps increase to use
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Fel Rush is part of the rotation, it's just filler rather than large dps increase to use
    I like it as a big dps increase, its like savage roar except it actually did something besides add a multiplier.

Wait what? Why would it be useless? They haven't changed anything about it or the tier, did they? It was still the best choice on last iteration, now it's suddenly not?

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Wait what? Why would it be useless? They haven't changed anything about it or the tier, did they? It was still the best choice on last iteration, now it's suddenly not?
    Blur no longer rests your stacks and nemesis got a buff. so yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanous View Post
    I like it as a big dps increase, its like savage roar except it actually did something besides add a multiplier.
    Wait, it did something other than add a multiplier? But that's exactly what it does, except the buff is way shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    Blur no longer rests your stacks and nemesis got a buff. so yeah...
    But wasn't it like, at the beggining of 7.1.5 testing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    But wasn't it like, at the beggining of 7.1.5 testing?
    Nemesis got a buff this latest build I believe. Blur not resetting your stacks was at the beginning though.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is painful to read. Momentum =/= movement; you have to use Fel Rush on CD regardless of which talents you pick.

Secondly, Momentum is not even close to a useless talent and is still better than the other options in nearly all situations. The only time they can compete is pure ST; anything above that Momentum wins handily. Even on pure ST, Momentum can still be competitive with Nemesis depending on fight length. Momentum also has much better synergy with some of the other talents that they seem to be pushing (mainly Demonic) than the other two on its row.

The Blur change costs 8% momentum uptime which leaves overall Momentum uptime at about 57%. Nemesis (ST only) ranges from 50% - 67% uptime depending on fight length, and Momentum uptime is more valuable due to actually including all of your spenders/CDs. This is why they are still competitive even with Nemesis being increased to 25%.
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2016-12-06 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    This thread is painful to read. Momentum =/= movement; you have to use Fel Rush on CD regardless of which talents you pick.

Secondly, Momentum is not even close to a useless talent and is still better than the other options in nearly all situations. The only time they can compete is pure ST; anything above that Momentum wins handily. Even on pure ST, Momentum can still be the best talent depending on fight length. Momentum also has much better synergy with some of the other talents that they seem to be pushing (mainly Demonic) than the other two on its row.

The Blur change costs 8% momentum uptime which leaves overall Momentum uptime at about 57%. Nemesis (ST only) ranges from 50% - 67% uptime depending on fight length, and Momentum uptime is more valuable due to actually including all of your spenders/CDs. This is why they are still competitive even with Nemesis being increased to 25%.
    Thanks for the clarification. I was worried that they changed it even more.

I'm glad i will be able to use Nemesis without being too much behind Momentum. Looking foward to that Demonic Buff too.

Also, Nemesis can still be competitive on AoE situations if you use it on a Mob of the same type as the boss/othermobs and kill it fast enough.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

10+ Year Old Account
    I just tested it and Blur is still reseting Fel Rush charges, so does Netherwalk.

What's even better is, since netherwalk dosent replace Blur anymore, you now have 2 cds to reset Fel Rush charges xD

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    I just tested it and Blur is still reseting Fel Rush charges, so does Netherwalk.

What's even better is, since netherwalk dosent replace Blur anymore, you now have 2 cds to reset Fel Rush charges xD
    Surely a bug

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets hope not, since its the third ptr build and blizzard didnt fixed that, so maybe, who knows, maybe, blizzard changed their minds about not reseting it anymore xD

I'm happy with the nemesis buff, I mean it works out about the same uptime no? 60s up, 60s down, repeat. but its more, its 25% increase to damage. So I can happily whack away on the target without having to worry about having momentum up. QoL right there is through the roof.