Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Guys this shit is never going to happen. Holy fuck. Like seriously it's not and now we're arguing about hypothetical scenarios where Blizzard "guts engineering" to somehow make this happen, like what?

This is why you don't huff paint. Okay?

But fuck it 25 pages of this I'm sure none of you are going to consider the voice of reason and let this ridiculous topic go: only if they make it so players can access sub-races of their favorite classes, i.e. mechagnomes. I'm sure they could make it happen in an expansion that involves a time traveling technologically advanced race that nullifies magic or something. We don't exactly know *why* Nozdormu becomes corrupted in the first place, they could elaborate on this and show that he was corrupted by this technologically advanced time traveling faction and keep the old god's involvement behind the scenes until the last tier of content.

That said, the hero class won't be called tinkers of course although it's filling the same niche, they'd probably be something closer to a cyborg who augments their body with technology to improve their abilities and gain new power.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-12-06 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You need to explain exactly how Engineering would be "ruined". Some would argue that Warlocks were "improved" after the inclusion of Demon Hunters.

If anything, the removal of the worthless engineering weapons and the addition of more money making items would actually go a long way towards improving the profession for a lot of people.
    Some also argued that we would not lost Metamorphosis--I tend to not care what these idiots think. Blizzard wouldn't take away the gun crafting from Engineering. In fact, that would likely be the only thing to stay but the rockets? Bombs? And all the other useful/fun tools Engineering has? They would go away. They would probably even remove the mounts and make them Tinker-specific. Then again this is Blizzard we're talking about so they might slightly modify/recolor it and call it "new".

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    No more classes. Demon Hunters have already proven that Blizzard will butcher something (most likely Engineering) to make it work. I already had my class ruined, I don't want my profession ruined as well.
    Instead of a semi-abandoned profession that hasn't been able to do anything interesting combat-wise in years (when was the last time Eng explosives were relevant? WotLK?), you could have an interesting full-fledged technology class that's actually fresh and fun, and actually does justice to tech combat.

Meanwhile, the profession itself doesn't have to change at all since it's about crafting some items, mainly utility and fun gadgets.
    A tech class would be about tech-related combat abilities, not item crafting. It does not conflict with Engineering in the slightest.

They don't even have to remove the existing dynamites and bombs from Engineering. It's fine because they're irrelevant. Just like a Warrior can technically use a bow, it doesn't invalidate Hunters. Other classes could use engineering bombs, they don't invalidate the actual relevant & viable tech class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Some also argued that we would not lost Metamorphosis--I tend to not care what these idiots think. Blizzard wouldn't take away the gun crafting from Engineering. In fact, that would likely be the only thing to stay but the rockets? Bombs? And all the other useful/fun tools Engineering has? They would go away. They would probably even remove the mounts and make them Tinker-specific. Then again this is Blizzard we're talking about so they might slightly modify/recolor it and call it "new".
    I don't really see why Engineering would need to lose anything. If a tech class gets an explosive weapon akin to a missile or bomb, it would work so different from an engineering version that it won't matter.

For example, I don't think an engineer constructing bombs and grenades is sitting back and wondering why their explosives aren't as good as Dragonsfire Grenade or Sticky Bomb within the Hunter class. Engineers simply construct the bombs and grenades to move on to the next item they're crafting.

#tinkerswillcome.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Guys this shit is never going to happen. Holy fuck. Like seriously it's not and now we're arguing about hypothetical scenarios where Blizzard "guts engineering" to somehow make this happen, like what?
    Engineering isn't gonna be gutted to add a new class, they're two separate things.
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

7+ Year Old Account
    out of all the class ideas i think this is the most likley(really whos stupid enough to think necromancer...), but its most likley going to be forced to be a engineer and miner, as it would only make sense :P and be gnomes, goblins, humans, and orcs
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I dont care if it's Tinker or not but after getting 3 new tank specs 3 new melee dps specs and 1 new heal spec getting a new ranged class would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    out of all the class ideas i think this is the most likley(really whos stupid enough to think necromancer...), but its most likley going to be forced to be a engineer and miner, as it would only make sense :P and be gnomes, goblins, humans, and orcs
    Honestly given the artifact system, a Tinker class may have to start at level 100+. If they begin at that level, Blizzard could also give them a high level of engineering right off the bat.

Starting at 100+ would also help their population numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Why is it a bad idea?
    Because no matter the mental gymnastics people want to play, it's essentially making a profession into a class.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Honestly given the artifact system, a Tinker class may have to start at level 100+. If they begin at that level, Blizzard could also give them a high level of engineering right off the bat.

Starting at 100+ would also help their population numbers.
    it would most likley start at 110, like the DH at 100, and how the dk should have been 70, because it allowsthem to skip the stuff they have most likley allready done, and avoids the past issue of the dk had where it was "time to kill the lich king! oh... now time to kill illidan.... the lich king? no hes been in ice for years, he is probebly dead... OH NO THE LICH KING"

but yeah tinker seems like it would NEED to be an engineer, or it would be stupid... its like if they added a class that used jewels and crystals to fight enemies, enchanting them and using them to fight enemies, cutting gems to cuztomise their class... then was anything other then a jewelcrafter...
    or a pandaren brewmaster who isnt a cook :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Because no matter the mental gymnastics people want to play, it's essentially making a profession into a class.
    its better then people saying necromancer wil come nest because "its not anything like a warlock or dk or shadow priest"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-12-07 at 01:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

a simple counter argument: there are already too many classes and DH was a mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Well actually people either want to make the hero unit from WC3 a class, or make Gelbin Mekkatorque or Helix Blackfuse into a class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well actually people either want to make the hero unit from WC3 a class, or make Gelbin Mekkatorque or Helix Blackfuse into a class.
    Another reason why I believe "fighting on a mech" isn't going to happen is because it's essentially 'mounted combat', something everyone has been asking for, and giving it to just one class, and a class that can only be used by the two least liked races after the pandaren? It would sound petty and kind of a 'middle finger' to everyone else who wanted that feature.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Another reason why I believe "fighting on a mech" isn't going to happen is because it's essentially 'mounted combat', something everyone has been asking for, and giving it to just one class, and a class that can only be used by the two least liked races after the pandaren? It would sound petty and kind of a 'middle finger' to everyone else who wanted that feature.
    Its available at a far lesser capacity to Paladins and DKs, so if people want it, they could always go there.

Additionally, if Blizzard is going for making the class popular and boosting Goblin and Gnome populations, making a highly wanted class exclusive to their races seems to be a good idea.

Does giving Demon Hunters wings in combat make everyone jealous because they have 'flight combat'?
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which, at the end of the day, is engineering made into a class.

No. It's a bad idea and contributes to the bloat this game already suffers.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its available at a far lesser capacity to Paladins and DKs, so if people want it, they could always go there.
    One hour... for every twelve hours (I think).

Additionally, if Blizzard is going for making the class popular and boosting Goblin and Gnome populations, making a highly wanted class exclusive to their races seems to be a good idea.
    No, it sounds like a very backwards idea. "Hey! Let's get something a big portion of our player base has been asking for a long time... and give it to the least liked races in the game! Genius!!" That idea is going to piss off more people than make them happy, especially since it was something promised since WotLK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Does giving Demon Hunters wings in combat make everyone jealous because they have 'flight combat'?
    Engaging in a fight while gliding makes the wings disappear.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Mounted combat could be done for some classes, but driving a tank is not the same as riding a horse.

Realistically, Death Knights should be mounted in combat, but instead we have class designers who have forgotten about WC3.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post

This is why you don't huff paint. Okay?

But fuck it 25 pages of this I'm sure none of you are going to consider the voice of reason and let this ridiculous topic go
    You must be new here. Should been around for all the years of debates on whether demon hunters could happen. This hasn't nearly reached that level yet, so hold the insults and obscenities please.