Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 57 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I wouldn't but its whatever floats ya boat.
    You wouldn't as in you wouldn't skip XIII or you wouldn't continue on with XIII?
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    You wouldn't as in you wouldn't skip XIII or you wouldn't continue on with XIII?
    I wouldn't continue with XIII unless you just really want to finish it. It could always be something you come back to if u wanted.

I'm not the biggest fan of XIII to be clear tho, I will give it a go again once its remastered to Ps4 (we all know its coming lol).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I wouldn't continue with XIII unless you just really want to finish it. It could always be something you come back to if u wanted.

I'm not the biggest fan of XIII to be clear tho, I will give it a go again once its remastered to Ps4 (we all know its coming lol).
    I'm honestly not sure how far I am in XIII, I just made it off of cocoon, and it seems like I just opened up a larger part of the game... Granted, I haven't played in a while as other games, namely WoW, have been in the way.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

FFXIII and FFXIV are in no way connected and there are zero allusions to XIII throughout XV. There might be some thematic similarities, but the games, the lore, their worlds etc... are not connected at all.

So you will not miss anything in XV by not finishing XIII or playing XV now and going back to XIII later.

I just encountered my first hunt that I've had issues with. Its that one were you have to kill a few level 35 Coeurls. I'm level 40 and one of them still one shots me with its lighting which I cant seem to dodge. Does anyone know if there's some elemental armour or whatever you have to get for these guys?

I'm honestly not sure how far I am in XIII, I just made it off of cocoon, and it seems like I just opened up a larger part of the game... Granted, I haven't played in a while as other games, namely WoW, have been in the way.
    You're about 3/4ths done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    You're pretty much done with the game if you just push the story and don't get bothered by any of the side stuff.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You don't have to hold the button, you can just tap + direction to dodge. The auto dodge is more like a "I don't understand what the fuck is going on so I'm going to OP dodge everything" sort of thing
    Holding doesn't actually dodge every attack in the late game so sometimes tapping is the only way to avoid an attack.

I hate every fucking weapon except daggers and magic

what a world
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I hate every fucking weapon except daggers and magic

what a world
    I like the Masamune just because its Sephiroths sword lol. Mite give daggers a try because using it can be annoying.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

daggers are my life now. i barely ever pull out my sword anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Love the random achievement I got last night when lunafreya's spirit guide person decided to photobomb one of prompto's pictures.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    daggers are my life now. i barely ever pull out my sword anymore.
    that was me until i found the life stealing sword hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I just realized I've been listening to the Stand By Me cover on repeat the entire work day...
    It's really soothing I guess. I didn't even notice I was listening to the same song over and over for the last 7 hours.
    It really is incredibly good

You don't have to hold the button, you can just tap + direction to dodge. The auto dodge is more like a "I don't understand what the fuck is going on so I'm going to OP dodge everything" sort of thing
    True, but if you don't hold the button you won't be able to get the block and parry combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Love the random achievement I got last night when lunafreya's spirit guide person decided to photobomb one of prompto's pictures.
    That one cracked me up, especially because I didn't realize at first but I heard the guys talking about it and was like omg. She's popped up again in a few more since then

As for the talk about daggers, eh they are cool but I definitely prefer the sword over pretty much anything else. Right now I'm trying to get the sturdy helixhorn for the sword upgrade and omg it's frustrating. Stupid Duracorns and needing to target their stupid heads QQ
    Last edited by Arlee; 2016-12-06 at 02:56 PM.

idk if I'm just not far in enough but combat for me is missing something to be desirable. Holding the attack button is just meh and magic is on a long cooldown, there isn't anything interactive about it. It's missing something idk what though, it needs to be more engaging.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

idk if I'm just not far in enough but combat for me is missing something to be desirable. Holding the attack button is just meh and magic is on a long cooldown, there isn't anything interactive about it. It's missing something idk what though, it needs to be more engaging.
    Later on things like link strikes become far more important to push for. Defending a lot and waiting for the right time to strike.

Blind side link strikes, timed techniques, focusing on specific limbs to knock an enemy down, using wait mode and libra to aim for weaknesses, getting killstrikes with parrys or warp strikes. There is depth there that builds on slowly.

Even when the mobs are easy, focusing on the above is how you level. AP gain is slow and the best way to get ap, is to not mindlessly fight but to focus on fighting tactically.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    that was me until i found the life stealing sword hehe.
    yeah but blood sword is rather weak compared to later weapons. You wont keep it for very long

I'm level 15 or so now and I must say.....

I really hate the solders that snipe. Getting a whole ship of those is a pain lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm level 15 or so now and I must say.....

I really hate the solders that snipe. Getting a whole ship of those is a pain lol.
    Oh just wait till they drop the assassins they suck.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

I'm farming some for XP atm and I haven't had Assassin's yet. I did get the big sword guys and was like HOLY FUCK WHO ARE YOU. Those was much easier to kill but after like 5 waves until I saw them I was shocked.

Was a bit more annoyed when I notice they was 2 levels higher then the other mobs (18 and not 16)

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm farming some for XP atm and I haven't had Assassin's yet. I did get the big sword guys and was like HOLY FUCK WHO ARE YOU. Those was much easier to kill but after like 5 waves until I saw them I was shocked.

Was a bit more annoyed when I notice they was 2 levels higher then the other mobs (18 and not 16)
    the assassins have giant blade arms and they love to spin to win.

Just drop a triple cast Thundara and they're almost dead. The trick is to use it right as they land so you hit them all. The same goes really for any Imperial attack as they get absolutely destroyed by any Thunder magic.

Level 50 myself... and I just hit chapter 6 which isn't really saying much considering 4-6 are so short. Just did some hunt were I had to kill a huge beast thing (those ones that wander in the water) and summoned Titan. Destroyed the thing in a single shot. Gotta say they really did a good job with the summon "cutscenes".
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2016-12-06 at 03:44 PM.