Thread: Pugs man...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I'm not sure what you hope to gain from this thread.. Yes, people suck. No, you can't do anything about it.
    Yes you can.

I kick more people than I wish had to be kicked on a daily basis. Sometimes I can even see by the way they move their characters what kind of players they are. The moment they mess up, I tell them they're about to be kicked with a macro I wrote. I have a few for each situation.

In their defence, Cataclysm dungeons are uniquely challenging. Few other dungeons that can be run at max require any knowledge or skill on heroic, including the other timewalking dungeons. Lots of AoE and maybe get out of the fire, but even then your healer (who is usually silent on the matter) can probably deal. The game fails to teach these players with failure during all of the levelling process.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Primal82 View Post
    I remember myself and my fiancée pugging a TW dungeon a while back. I was on my Nelf shadow priest, and she was on her nelf DK tank.

The other 2 dps and the healer were all from the same guild. Right at the start of the dungeon the other 2 dps just rush off and pull literally everything in sight, die in a matter of seconds and then start ranting in chat. You know noob tank that kind of nonsense. All while this crap was going on, the two of us just found a corner and waited to shadowmeld

So after that nonsense start to the dungeon, my fiancée politely types in party chat - let the tank pull and this will go a lot smoother for all of us

She then waits for the party to be ready and proceeds to pull. The other 2 dps just deliberately stand and watch and the healer deliberately decides not to heal in an attempt to wipe us. Erm ok...

1. It's timewalking
    2. It's a Blood DK
    3. I can offheal as a shadowpriest to some extent

Upset that we didn't wipe they continue the trash talk and attempt to vote kick my fiancée

At this point I've had enough, I start a vote kick myself - I choose the guy most toxic in chat with the trash talk and for the reason enter - NOOB TANK L2P!

Of course I told my finacée to just hit yes and the rest of the group don't even read who they are kicking so the vote goes through!

The other 2 guys just kind of look at each other and slowly realise what they did. Childish on my part but damn did we laugh our asses off at it.

/10 characters

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Yes you can.

I kick more people than I wish had to be kicked on a daily basis. Sometimes I can even see by the way they move their characters what kind of players they are. The moment they mess up, I tell them they're about to be kicked with a macro I wrote. I have a few for each situation.
    lol I need your b-net id so I can make sure never to tank for you. I wouldn't stand a chance!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Thoroughly enjoyed the stories some of you came up with, to answer the socially inept questioning why I posted this - because it's a forum for posting, I felt like ranting and honestly MMOchampion is known for it's shit posting... If you refresh the front page every few minutes you'll find a guy asking for advice on how to groom his cat or some shit, chill out

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    lol I need your b-net id so I can make sure never to tank for you. I wouldn't stand a chance!
    I'm sure you're a great tank.

Let's just say that if I'm the leader of the group, I will be the judge of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Thoroughly enjoyed the stories some of you came up with, to answer the socially inept questioning why I posted this - because it's a forum for posting, I felt like ranting and honestly MMOchampion is known for it's shit posting... If you refresh the front page every few minutes you'll find a guy asking for advice on how to groom his cat or some shit, chill out
    Socially inept is posting this shit in the first place too. You're perfectly at home here.

Quote Originally Posted by wikinews View Post
    You only ever run content with mates + guildies? Must be super popular or in a super active guild.
    Yes I can really say I only run with guildies or people on my friends list.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronus View Post
    Yes I can really say I only run with guildies or people on my friends list.
    You're an impressive social little butterfly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Cool story dude.

No seriously. That's a whole lot of text describing a rather uninteresting, uneventful episode.

May I observe: to me, you were the most unlikeable person of the bunch. Right from the get-go, you're judgemental, uptight, immediately and constantly evaluating and judging every single thing everyone else does - starting from inspecting their gear right away (in a timewalking dungeon ... LOL), over staring at damage meters to tracking who pops which CDs etc. (in a timewalking dungeon ... LOL)

From the get-go, you've been setting yourself up to get annoyed with people, obsessively-compulsively looking for flaws and mistakes and something your fragile little ego could get pissed about.

In short, you're one of those paranoid, uptight, know-it-all naggers that make it instantly unpleasant or awkward for everyone involved, and a lot of times when people come to forums and whine about "toxic" experiences in PUGs, they're not aware how much they're being the catalyst for it.

Yeah those guys sucked. But you're no better.

It's just a timewalking dungeon for fuck's sake. I never have any problems with them, because I just roll with the good and bad of it all. And we always come out on top, because I'm both COOL and GOOD. That's alpha shit for you right there.
    Couldn't be any more accurate. Another thing I always notice, people never seem to understand what they did wrong or over exaggerate the story so they are the alpha.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes you can.

Makes sense now why you don't like guilds! With that attitude, it wouldn't surprise me if you got kicked from all of them!

Tbh, if I join a pug in lfd and its a 4 man guild group, I cringe.

I say hi or sup on the start if I get no response, I don't bother talking again because I know they aren't going to, and if they start to fuck up I leave because I know whats going to happen

on the rare occasion they respond, it's usually quite fun and banter and we get on with it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    I don't understand why people are asking for more queueable content. Pugs are horrible.
    They can be, but then so can premades as evidenced by the OP. That was a premade group that was just short one member.

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    Makes sense now why you don't like guilds! With that attitude, it wouldn't surprise me if you got kicked from all of them!
    You're right. I know I am not compatible with any guild out there. That's why I am a solo player that creates his own mythic+ groups, runs LFR and pvps like a boss.

I have no need for a guild and neither should you.

You're right. I know I am not compatible with any guild out there. That's why I am a solo player that creates his own mythic+ groups, runs LFR and pvps like a boss.

I have no need for a guild and neither should you.
    Thanks for confirming that. I did expect that you were kicked from them all and are just salty now. Thanks for finally putting that to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    There's your first mistake.

Whenever I see that the majority of the group is from the same guild I prepare myself for major bullshit.
    That's pretty much my attitude. 4 of 5 guild groups almost always means the pug is in for a rough ride, assuming they don't kick the pug at the end and bring in their friend who just logged on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Socially inept is posting this shit in the first place too. You're perfectly at home here.
    Socially inept is also trying to offend someone for something they posted on the internet you ballsack

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    interesting - do you even know how much power creep we have during this expansion ? just last night i dinged my druid to 110 - and did few hcs for class campaign and know what i did less then 1/5 of dmg that hunter was doin in HoV but not because i was afk or not trying - if you checked my activity it would be 95 % + - it wa because he had 880 itlv with for ssure many traits while i had 815 with 790 relics ,13 traits and no matter how much i tried and want to i wouldnt be able to push more - its not always lack of trying or not pushing buttons.
    Just a quick clarification on this - If I join a Heroic dungeon and and do 800k DPS and you do 150K we have no issue. While I may not have specified it, the assumption is that relevant content matters. I.e. 800k is not normal DPS for a heroic. It's someone who overgears it. I'm talking about the person doing way less than the expected. I'm talking about the fresh heroic geared person doing 65k dps when the others are doing 150-200K. I'd look at your HP and see 1.5M and know you're low geared. That means I expect you to do lower damage than me, not AFK damage.

Hope that helps.

Deleted
    They were many things but I don't think they were toxic. They were bad / ignorant / inconsiderate. But we get it, you learnt a new buzzword and feel compelled to throw it out there, no matter how wrong the context.
    You're weird. You're talking as if you were in the group and felt the need to attack this poster's use of the WORD toxic? Which, by the way, he used in a perfectly suitable setting. Now... that word, do you know what it means? You seem to have some toxicity about you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Oh, it still stings, I see.
    You got roasted in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    sometimes you just get grouped with potatoes. it sucks but thats just how the cookie crumbles.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by hallilad View Post
    You're weird. You're talking as if you were in the group and felt the need to attack this poster's use of the WORD toxic? Which, by the way, he used in a perfectly suitable setting. Now... that word, do you know what it means? You seem to have some toxicity about you.

- - - Updated - - -

You got roasted in this thread.
    Go read a dictionary. Otherwise shhh.

Deleted
    Go read a dictionary. Otherwise shhh.
    He's used the word in the correct context, get over it and move on with your day.