Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Well you seemed to suggest that people like the OP who come off as thinking large swaths of Americans are racist are causing a backlash by "the majority" when the premise just isn't true. A majority didn't vote for Trump, so clearly a majority don't think it was an issue since I doubt it was even at the forefront of a majority of Trump voters minds. It's kind of hard to follow your logic that this is why the Democrats "got creamed" when your base premise is faulty. This "The left thinks everyone is a racist" meme has really gotten out of hand.
    Your party has factually the least amount of elected officials since 1920. Yeah, you guys are KICKING ASS with this identity politics. You are right. It's not in any way blowing up in your face. Just keep on telling the world they are all racist and surely any day now they will start voting for you in droves. Any day now....any day....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because you keep speaking on behalf of some supposed majority that faces this issue constantly.

This straight-up isn't happening. This is where you go off the rails and start building a false sense of persecution.
    Meh. You used to be more fun to discuss things with. Maybe politics just isn't your forte. /shrug

I mean, if you watch the programming on left leaning TV, for example, see how long you can go before they thinly accuse the right of being racist. I'll bet you can't make it through one commercial break.

As an Asian-American that's also a USMC veteran, I've been told to "go back to your own country!" despite being born in San Diego, California. It's a shitty feeling.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I have never been called a racist, that I recall. You keep trying to push this idea. I'm not sure why.

Last time we discussed this, you seemed to lack the ability to detach the concepts of "self" from "public". We can try again, if you want, I guess.

When media types and politicians rail on about how all Trump supporters, how all Republicans, how all Conservatives, how anyone to the right of their own ideology is racist, it loses it's steam. However, it's dangerous. Look at what it leads to: people assuming racial issues will rise because a person they don't like got elected. It's the intellectual equivalent of throwing crayons at a well thought out idea.

So when I say, "being called racists", I don't mean actually, in person, being called that. I know you are incapable of wrapping your mind around anything but complete literalness, so I don't see this going anywhere. After all, our last discussion was basically: "I don't mean literally"...."You just said literally so you must mean it literal".
    Are you serious?? You do realize that Trump advocated racism during this campaign? Now let me clarify myself before you jump in and accuse me of putting everyone in the same boat. I am not saying the majority of people fall in this category. But I am saying that Trump and his campaign encouraged this behavior and now the ones who are these supremacists have been emboldened and this will only get far far worse in 2017.

I have been called a racist only once in the past 15 years, and that was by my sister-in-law. I have no problem saying inflammatory things, and pissing other people off, yet nobody seems to think I'm a racist. All those people whining about being constantly called a racist... maybe they need to have some self realization in their lives. If everyone is calling you a racist, maybe you should delve into exactly why that is happening. If it's about the idea of other people being called racist, maybe someone is protesting far too much for those people, or it really isn't happening nearly as often as they would have us believe. In either case, the "racists" really need to stop trying to constantly play the victim card... it's pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jaykaywhy View Post
    As an Asian-American that's also a USMC veteran, I've been told to "go back to your own country!" despite being born in San Diego, California. It's a shitty feeling.
    California is a different country.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmemo View Post
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38216634

Yeah this is so sad. Judging people by their looks first and not by who they are inside. These hate crimes will only increase with the incoming administration. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they staged some events just to prove that immigrants cannot be trusted just to get their way. It's after all, all lies and deception with these people. Scary scary stuff

Conspiracy theories are not allowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your party has factually the least amount of elected officials since 1920. Yeah, you guys are KICKING ASS with this identity politics. You are right. It's not in any way blowing up in your face. Just keep on telling the world they are all racist and surely any day now they will start voting for you in droves. Any day now....any day....
    Well I'm not actually a Democrat but I can tell you that their problems can be explained a few more ways than just identity politics blowing up in their face. Hillary was an uninspiring candidate with an uninspiring message and the DNC has been slacking off on state and local races for years now. Thinking it was all about identity politics (that both sides are plenty guilty of) wouldn't help them change in a way that would lead to winning more.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    California is a different country.
    Yeah, a better one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't work for you, but my current reply... I had to pass a test to be here, you got lucky where your mom's junk was located... I think your case is better though...

Thank you for your service!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Conspiracy theories are not allowed.
    Can you explain who and what is conspiring in what you quoted? He isn't saying this is some sort of plan, to get everyone in cahoots to be assholes. If you don't think Trump's rhetoric encourages this, then go with that. Otherwise, your reply is just silly...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Yeah, a better one.
    Only parts of it. San Diego is great, LA is a shitty cesspool. I grew up in far Northern California. If we could only claim the smaller beach cities, San Diego, the Bay Area, and the Cascades, then it would be an awesome country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. You used to be more fun to discuss things with. Maybe politics just isn't your forte. /shrug

I mean, if you watch the programming on left leaning TV, for example, see how long you can go before they thinly accuse the right of being racist. I'll bet you can't make it through one commercial break.
    There's nothing to "discuss" when you're just stating things that aren't true. And that's all you're doing.

What you're talking about is not happening. It's a completely unwarranted sense of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Doesn't work for you, but my current reply... I had to pass a test to be here, you got lucky where your mom's junk was located... I think your case is better though...

Thank you for your service!

- - - Updated - - -

Can you explain who and what is conspiring in what you quoted? He isn't saying this is some sort of plan, to get everyone in cahoots to be assholes. If you don't think Trump's rhetoric encourages this, then go with that. Otherwise, your reply is just silly...

"In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they staged some events just to prove that immigrants cannot be trusted just to get their way. "

That's a fucking conspiracy theory, and it's sad a Mod is letting him post it, I will have to message a real mod to get it taken care of.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I follow your point, or that you followed mine.

The idea that there is some kind of majority of people who are racist, instead of tiny, tiny numbers, is just ridiculous. The notion that people became racist from this election is ridiculous. Dudes being assholes to Muslims is not a new phenomenon post-election. It could not be more silly to imply that it's any different after than before. It could not be more ridiculous to imply this random thing is somehow related to the president-elect.
    Sure could have fooled me, seeing as just based off of anecdotal evidence alone ever since I moved to the US I've never once had someone comment on my ethnicity or my sexual orientation until Trump won.

Now I've had several people tell me pretty revolting crap, have had a patient opt to ask for a different physician after they took one look at me even though I was more than qualified, and have had several messages on even gay dating apps calling me stuff like sand-nigger and to go back to my country (the UK??? ). I will gladly post screenshots of the conversations from the gay dating apps if you want proof.

Point being I've never ran into anyone who was outwardly racist in the past 10 years, until now. A lot of my mates/family have had the same experiences and there has statistically been an upsurge in anti-semetic and anti-Muslim hate crimes this year compared to previous ones. I happen to live nearby LA, I can't even imagine what it's like for minorities in the bible belt or other conservative areas.

Either you are deliberately ignoring what's happening or your're blind to things that don't personally affect you or people close to you.
    Last edited by Dr Assbandit; 2016-12-06 at 09:11 PM.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    Yeah this is so sad. Judging people by their looks first and not by who they are inside. These hate crimes will only increase with the incoming administration. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they staged some events just to prove that immigrants cannot be trusted just to get their way. It's after all, all lies and deception with these people. Scary scary stuff
    What would you do if you saw a gunman murdering innocents? Would you judge by look first, or would you judge by who they are inside?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post

"In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they staged some events just to prove that immigrants cannot be trusted just to get their way. "

That's a fucking conspiracy theory, and it's sad a Mod is letting him post it, I will have to message a real mod to get it taken care of.
    I hope you have similar concern when your fellow rightwingers post their conspiracies. Which is all the time, every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Are you serious?? You do realize that Trump advocated racism during this campaign? Now let me clarify myself before you jump in and accuse me of putting everyone in the same boat. I am not saying the majority of people fall in this category. But I am saying that Trump and his campaign encouraged this behavior and now the ones who are these supremacists have been emboldened and this will only get far far worse in 2017.
    Source please.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    What would you do if you saw a gunman murdering innocents? Would you judge by look first, or would you judge by who they are inside?
    Fuck me, you're insane. Lol They would be judged by their actions, not their looks.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I hope you have similar concern when your fellow rightwingers post their conspiracies. Which is all the time, every day.
    Sure, fuck conspiracy theories like Pizzagate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, starting off a thread with essentially a conspiracy theory implying there may be an increase in false flags to blame immigration, then veiled bashing after that, is not constructive at all. Please leave such commentary out of future OPs.

closing