Does pet damage change based on which spec you're playing?

Im a very new and terrible warlock, i started playing only a week or so ago and this is my first time ever playing one, and i noticed something that made me question which pets i should be using.

In the talent tab, when selecting a spec, it highlights the abilities related to that spec, and with that it also has 3 different pets for the 3 different specs. While i didnt pay much attention to the Demonology one, the Destro page highlights the Imp while Affliction highlights the felhunter, that made me question if those pets do more damage when playing those specs?

Yes, there are certain synergies. For instance, the imp's firebolt gets bonus damage when immolate is up. Felhunter does more damage against targets who have dots (aff). And demo's felguard.. is just a harder hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by einaschern View Post
    Yes, there are certain synergies. For instance, the imp's firebolt gets bonus damage when immolate is up. Felhunter does more damage against targets who have dots (aff). And demo's felguard.. is just a harder hitter.
    Oh that explains it, thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. Essentially, Felhunter for Affliction, Imp for Destro, Felguard for Demo. Succubus is a PvP CC pet, and Voidwalker is, of course, for tank. Doomguard is dps and Infernal is AoE/tanking if you took that talent for whatever reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Yup. Essentially, Felhunter for Affliction, Imp for Destro, Felguard for Demo. Succubus is a PvP CC pet, and Voidwalker is, of course, for tank. Doomguard is dps and Infernal is AoE/tanking if you took that talent for whatever reason.
    Supremacy is great for aff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keturno View Post
    Im a very new and terrible warlock, i started playing only a week or so ago and this is my first time ever playing one, and i noticed something that made me question which pets i should be using.

In the talent tab, when selecting a spec, it highlights the abilities related to that spec, and with that it also has 3 different pets for the 3 different specs. While i didnt pay much attention to the Demonology one, the Destro page highlights the Imp while Affliction highlights the felhunter, that made me question if those pets do more damage when playing those specs?
    Yep, you're supposed to use the Impwith destro, Felhunter with affliction and demo has it's signature felguard

For exmaple, the Felhunter's Shadow Bite ability is in affliction because it's damage increases th emore dots you got on the thing it;s attacking

Personally, I think the Succubus would fit more with affliction;s class fantasy as her attack is Lash of Pain

But she is more a pvp pet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by einaschern View Post
    Supremacy is great for aff
    They are buffing the Felhunter to change that though. I thought they would.