Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Have fun with this guy:
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...(Pok%C3%A9mon)

He is not stationary legendary and you have to find him in a bush.
    Caught with about a dozen ultra balls. As far as finding him: Just pop a repel (which doesn't effect him) and run around in the grass for a few seconds. Let's not pretend any part of catching pokemon is challenging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    Caught with about a dozen ultra balls. As far as finding him: Just pop a repel (which doesn't effect him) and run around in the grass for a few seconds. Let's not pretend any part of catching pokemon is challenging.
    The hard part is getting a good nature and ivs from it.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

The hard part is getting a good nature and ivs from it.
    I haven't played this game yet but outside of hidden power wouldn't you just grind up those items that max up stats so its like they have a 31 in an IV (though I know its not really a 31). Seems like that would be less obnoxious as opposed to getting a good nature + good IVs unless your set runs some kind of hidden power.

I have to admit again, I was a bit skeptical about no gyms and stuff for this game, but I think this is probably going to end up as my favorite game so far.

I only really have two complaints

1) SOS Battles can rot in hell. They should have done something so it wouldn't be chained back to back to back of calling for help, maybe only call for help every other turn.

2) Specific items only sold at certain stores. This isn't too unusual for most games actually, but when it includes any of the unique balls (Like Quick Ball, my personal favorite), that's just frustrating, since it's not like a TM where you only need to buy it once, or even the evolution stones, where you only need them in very specific situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, the cutscene after beating the E4 is way too damn long.

Also:
    You and Lillie totally bang after sneaking off

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I have to admit again, I was a bit skeptical about no gyms and stuff for this game, but I think this is probably going to end up as my favorite game so far.

I only really have two complaints

1) SOS Battles can rot in hell. They should have done something so it wouldn't be chained back to back to back of calling for help, maybe only call for help every other turn.

2) Specific items only sold at certain stores. This isn't too unusual for most games actually, but when it includes any of the unique balls (Like Quick Ball, my personal favorite), that's just frustrating, since it's not like a TM where you only need to buy it once, or even the evolution stones, where you only need them in very specific situations.
    I agree on both counts, and I want to add a third. I might get a lot of flak for this, but FUCK making pokemon spawn at different times of the day. Don't punish me because I can only play at certain times. They did this in Silver/Gold, and I hated it. It's not any better here.

Yup, the different time of day thing is shitty especially since Pokemon Moon takes place 12 hours after the current time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I agree on both counts, and I want to add a third. I might get a lot of flak for this, but FUCK making pokemon spawn at different times of the day. Don't punish me because I can only play at certain times. They did this in Silver/Gold, and I hated it. It's not any better here.
    Once you get a legendary that you have on box have him in a party where you got him, then enter a portal and the time zone will change to day or night depending on your game version. You can then return back to portal to change the clock to day night.

Oh really?

There are so many little things in Sun and Moon that I'm still learning, even almost completely through it a 2nd time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once you get a legendary that you have on box have him in a party where you got him, then enter a portal and the time zone will change to day or night depending on your game version. You can then return back to portal to change the clock to day night.
    That's great, but what about the 20+ hours before you get a legendary?

I'm really, really dumb. I picked Moon up today, brand new even though I don't have a 3ds. Parents were going to give me cash to get one for christmas but then I decided to check online and it seems nintendo's product scarcity acting up again..I should have known. Probably won't be playing this game til march now because I don't want to pay for a scalped price for a used 3ds. Only have myself to blame really but I wanted to vent.

Oh well I at least decided on my starter..popplio! Really love the typing and design, the owl is cool and I love his typing too but I wanted to be a little bit different and the dark/fire cat, while not terrible, just isn't doing it for me and I'd rather wait to level one when its HA is available.
    Last edited by Lucifuger; 2016-12-08 at 07:46 AM.

Decidueye (Rowlet's final evolution) is the best looking in my opinion, but goddamn are his stats awful. I have no idea why his speed is so low when he's supposed to be this ninja-archer bird, and making his Special Attack almost equal to his attack is goofy, when his signature move is physical in addition to the ghost moves he learns. His speed should be 100 and his special attack 70 instead of the other way around. I used him in my first playthrough and there weren't many times where I felt he was useful. Between the abundance of electric enemies, and ghost being an overall hindrance (Due to the high frequency of dark-type moves many of the pokemon and trainers' pokemon had), rather than a benefit, like many of us thought he would be.

Incineroar is slightly better (but also slow for some reason), and I think generally that Primarina is just the best overall. She's an absolutely defensive powerhouse that still gets pretty decent special-attack. She is slow as well, but its ok when she can take giant hits and be fine. Whenever we find out how to get hidden abilities on the starters, Liquid Voice is going to be awesome for her.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-12-08 at 08:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Decidueye (Rowlet's final evolution) is the best looking in my opinion, but goddamn are his stats awful. I have no idea why his speed is so low when he's supposed to be this ninja-archer bird, and making his Special Attack almost equal to his attack is goofy, when his signature move is physical in addition to the ghost moves he learns. His speed should be 100 and his special attack 70 instead of the other way around. I used him in my first playthrough and there weren't many times where I felt he was useful. Between the abundance of electric enemies, and ghost being an overall hindrance (Due to the high frequency of dark-type moves many of the pokemon and trainers' pokemon had), rather than a benefit, like many of us thought he would be.

Incineroar is slightly better (but also slow for some reason), and I think generally that Primarina is just the best overall. She's an absolutely defensive powerhouse that still gets pretty decent special-attack. She is slow as well, but its ok when she can take giant hits and be fine. Whenever we find out how to get hidden abilities on the starters, Liquid Voice is going to be awesome for her.
    How possible is is it going to be to breed top stats and overcome the speed issues though? I hate the pop-family. It goes from dumb to just ugly looking. The shiny sprite looks a bit better for it but still, ugh.

I'm still new to the whole breeding thing, never got into it before now. currently sitting on like 50 littens looking for the damn shiny. Rowlet is next up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    How possible is is it going to be to breed top stats and overcome the speed issues though? I hate the pop-family. It goes from dumb to just ugly looking. The shiny sprite looks a bit better for it but still, ugh.

I'm still new to the whole breeding thing, never got into it before now. currently sitting on like 50 littens looking for the damn shiny. Rowlet is next up.
    Dont bother with shiny till you get shiny charm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont bother with shiny till you get shiny charm.
    So thats for dex completion but is it captures or 'seen' 100%?

10+ Year Old Account
    You need every pokemon captured at least once (or traded).
    Seen is not enogh.

Got my 1st singles team ready. If anyone wants a friendly battle, you're very welcome!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty easy with wonder trade and the gts.

Do we have a date when pokebank becomes available?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    That's great, but what about the 20+ hours before you get a legendary?
    While I found this acted as a nice breakpoint for effectively 'unlocking' a lot more pokemon on your dex (I changed over to the alternate world after beating the elite 4 and it's interesting to run into new pokemon on the old routes as a result), if you don't you can just set the clock on your 3ds manually to get things you want. Sun/moon has no issues with it.

Overall sun/moon was my favourite pokemon game, just barely edging out G/S/C. The SoS battles were the biggest frustration for sure, but the story telling was absolutely wonderful. Pokemon really needs to get some voice acting for the next games though, I think. They also need to start making more logical stories now that the story feels like more than just a device to progress you through the game catching them all (that is to say - it's half interesting if we ignore the holes & usual pokemon over the topness)

Wasn't a huge fan of Z-moves in general but it didn't really negatively detract from the game much.

Also the game gave me 45 hours and still running the first playthrough. Most I've done everything I'm interested in doing around the 20 mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."