Thread: #FreeBearing

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Well, deductive reasoning shows this is the exact reason his channel was taken down, using the exact same means.

We have Method, we have Intent and we have Means.
    Ever heard of the black swan? It's essentially an unexpected thing happens and then it's rationalised as if someone had called it. It's just random dude on youtube that probably figured the similarities between the avatar and TDI

I have no love for bearing's content. When it comes to the skeptic anti-feminist/sjw sphere of youtube, I find that Bearing is by far the least intellectual and argumentatatively productive member. You could do a lot better with Sargon, Vee (who is very underrated, for a gypsy), or (especially now) Jordan Peterson.

That being said, this is absolutely something which should be fought. Bearing may not be someone who makes particularly good content or arguments, but in no way should he be censored or banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Ever heard of the black swan? It's essentially an unexpected thing happens and then it's rationalised as if someone had called it. It's just random dude on youtube that probably figured the similarities between the avatar and TDI
    Although things are spreading around that TDI and Fresh TV did it, I've yet to see the actual claim they made against him, so it was either the company themselves that did it (which would be weird they only now do it and don' do the same to sugertits) or it was some asshole who made the connection, made the DMCA against bearing, and youtube being the souless robots they are took him down.
    #boycottchina

Well, deductive reasoning shows this is the exact reason his channel was taken down, using the exact same means.

We have Method, we have Intent and we have Means.
    Circumstantial. Likely maybe, but not proof. There's no evidence a crazy youtube commenter was able to get CN's attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethris View Post
    I have no love for bearing's content. When it comes to the skeptic anti-feminist/sjw sphere of youtube, I find that Bearing is by far the least intellectual and argumentatatively productive member. You could do a lot better with Sargon, Vee (who is very underrated, for a gypsy), or (especially now) Jordan Peterson.

That being said, this is absolutely something which should be fought. Bearing may not be someone who makes particularly good content or arguments, but in no way should he be censored or banned.
    I'd say he does make good content, enough to get 100'000 subs. but even with someone like brett keane I wouldn't want the system to just suddenly take down even complete a-holes channels because of abuse of system.
    #boycottchina

Deleted

The point I like about him isn't that he is an intellectual or trying to be an intellectual, he's a normal person reflecting the common sense argument.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Its completely f**ked how youtube creators, who depend on youtube, who make content on it for livelyhood, can just be cut off without warning. Imagine if your work did this, just cut you off without any warning, and you were powerless to make a claim against them.
    If your whole business is providing services for a single product, you're already living by the edge.

I'd say he does make good content, enough to get 100'000 subs. but even with someone like brett keane I wouldn't want the system to just suddenly take down even complete a-holes channels because of abuse of system.
    I watch a lot of similarly-minded content, but the "Takedown" genre gets really old after a while. They basically just rip on people like Lacy Green or Anita Sarkeesian, and I don't really care what any of those people have to say, much less how hard someone can make fun of them.

I prefer more reasoned discourse instead of "SJW BTFO LOLOLOL LOOK AT THE LATEST BEARING TAKEDOWN."

The point I like about him isn't that he is an intellectual or trying to be an intellectual, he's a normal person reflecting the common sense argument.
    When you attempt to refute a claim that someone holds dogmatically or tautologically, you can't do it by saying "oi look at this fackin cunt." You need to have logic, facts, and reason on your side.

That's basically why I don't think Bearing is good for anything but a cheap laugh every once in a while.

In addendum, when you listen to Bearing in a stream with people smarter than him, you quickly realize that his strongpoint is not making arguments or being critical, but merely being Australian.

Consider someone like TL;DR, who does similar "takedown" content, but in rigorously researched long-form videos which are borderline unwatchable, but you should watch them anyway because he's thorough to a fault.
    Last edited by Ethris; 2016-12-06 at 12:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watch a lot of similarly-minded content, but the "Takedown" genre gets really old after a while. They basically just rip on people like Lacy Green or Anita Sarkeesian, and I don't really care what any of those people have to say, much less how hard someone can make fun of them.

I prefer more reasoned discourse instead of "SJW BTFO LOLOLOL LOOK AT THE LATEST BEARING TAKEDOWN."

When you attempt to refute a claim that someone holds dogmatically or tautologically, you can't do it by saying "oi look at this fackin cunt." You need to have logic, facts, and reason on your side.

That's basically why I don't think Bearing is good for anything but a cheap laugh every once in a while.
    Well over 100'000 people would disagree with you but to each their own.
    #boycottchina

Then why did he get three takedown notices at once, no warning, just thrown all at once and boom his channels gone.
    Just cuz he says it, doesn't make it true.

I mean, I had sex with Kate Upton a couple years back. Has to be true, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Using clips for commentary is alright, far as I know. Using the bear asset as his avatar and identity is pretty dumb though.
    Not sure why would Youtube terminate his channel. They can request he take copyrighted assets instead. Seems ridiculous to me.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Even assuming he did get all 3 takedown notices at once, that shouldnt make him immune to two of them. No one can scour the internet and keep real-time track of every single copyrighted thing. If someone repeatedly uses copyrighted stuff over a longer period of time they shouldnt have their entire history cleared with just 1 out of 3 strikes. Thats like arguing that committing 1 murder is worth the same punishment as 10 murders.

I do agree that communication is important, wether its a deleted channel on youtube, a banned account in wow or a deleted forum post. Explaining to people why they got punished helps them accept it. Speculation is a very dangerous thing that can lead to crazy theories over nothing on one hand, and defenses of horrible events on the other hand.

Seeing how a few famous YouTubers have had their accounts locked, I would've made damn sure I didn't violate anyone's copyright. There's even a couple of people who started with YouTube when YouTube launched that have had their accounts locked. Lay low and don't stick your neck out.

If you want to show clips from Ghost in the Shell use sock puppets instead.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Its completely f**ked how youtube creators, who depend on youtube, who make content on it for livelyhood, can just be cut off without warning. Imagine if your work did this, just cut you off without any warning, and you were powerless to make a claim against them.
    To be fair. Making Youtube videos should never be considered a primary job for someone. Its got a finite shelf life as a career. Youtube stars come and go, they are rarely profitable for more than a few years because people get tired of a channel and move to another one. Fred, Annoying Orange, Angry Grandpa, Pewdiepie and many others already had their glory and are now likely broke, and even if you do get a ton of subs, they payoff is so low anymore, its not worth the time unless youre one of the handful of people/companies that make content elsewhere and just put copies on Youtube like ESPN, Got Talent series, Vivo, Commercial music artists etc...or Its something people should be doing more for a hobby.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    https://twitter.com/omegaheber/statu...75181120163840

This might have something to do with it.
    In other words if he wasnt a damn pirate, his videos would still be there. Its his own damn fault. He probably also uses unlicensed commercial music in his videos. Im so sick of Millenials and their entitlement mentality. They think if something exists they should have a right to have/use it whether they have the money to pay for it or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well his channels back up, but the videos are all gone, wonder what it all means. If I were him, I'd find a good animator, recreate bearings animation cells and start over. Get the old videos (provided he saved them) and upload them on a private website.
    #boycottchina

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Got a reason why it isn't buddy?
    well for one its not censorship because youtube is its own company and isn't free to any one they can take any thing down they want. you can call it "censoring" but its there site and they have a right to take down any thing they don't want on it not that i think they did it in this case cause they didn't like what he says as there are much bigger channels with similar ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

It's used under parody though. Strange how it was flagged after all these years, all three times at the same time.
    how is it strange? maybe they didn't know till now? its not like theirs any thing big happening that would make them want to take it down now the whole trump thing is more or less over by now.

- - - Updated - - -

If it is a copyright claim, and bearings been making money from it, then said company would have gone after him for the earnings, but instead they just targeted his channel without warning or notice of claim. If this was a copyright issue more would have been made of it and something sent, instead they just attacked his channel.

Maybe if he opened his own site like linkara or channel awesome did he could open a patreon page.
    mabye they dont want there thing used in this manor even if they were the ones getting payed for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Youtube channel got terminated despite the fact it was completely clean with no strikes for years. It got flagged three times in one day by the same person and insta pulled. Seems fishy at best and obvious censorship at worst.
    Sounds like it's automated. Another minimum wage job lost...

- - - Updated - - -

Got a reason why it isn't buddy?
    Free speech entitles you the right to say what you want. It DOES NOT entitle you the right to say what you want on someone else's platform. They still own their platform. Also, intellectual property of others is not your free speech to redistribute.

Copyright take down notice abuse is really rampant on youtube now, the only thing that's going to fix this is the ability to start financially dinging those who make a false claim.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Copyright take down notice abuse is really rampant on youtube now, the only thing that's going to fix this is the ability to start financially dinging those who make a false claim.
    this claim seems pretty solid.

eh... in this case It is shitty that the content owners didn't just contact Bearing directly to fix the situation instead of going with the easiest and douchiest route where they effectively made him jobless. there are a few other channels dealing with this shit one of my favs the Drunken Peasants got content flagged by Tommy Sodomiz- er I mean Sottamyor, because he's a butthurt bitch that can't take getting the piss taken out of him. thankfully in that case TJ and crew are gonna sue his balls off.