Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You can't isolate Milo. Isolate Milo from what, nobody knows, but you can't isolate him.
    I guess that's another way of interpreting it. But when I chose 'silo the milo', it's because of the rhyme, and it's another way of saying you can't silence him. Similar to how you can't dump the Trump, or barrage the (Nigel) Farage.

Why is there a green box around my name btw?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artaxerxes View Post
    I guess that's another way of interpreting it. But when I chose 'silo the milo', it's because of the rhyme, and it's another way of saying you can't silence him. Similar to how you can't dump the Trump, or barrage the (Nigel) Farage.

wait so is he in a missile silo a grain silo or is he trying to be isolated i must know. also cause you started the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Sorry if I've missed this in the thread but what exactly is "Silo" as a verb? Were we going to install him into a missile silo and jettison him into space? Because I'm fine with that if that's what we're doing.
    Another good interpretation, I guess it means you also can't silo the nuclear missile that is milo.

Another good interpretation, I guess it means you also can't silo the nuclear missile that is milo.
    I took it as you would "silo the grain", meaning store for later consumption. I'm pretty sure that's the only way "silo" is used as a verb.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    wait so is he in a missile silo a grain silo or is he trying to be isolated i must know. also cause you started the thread
    see two posts above but the missile silo is unintended, though a good view I didn't consider. chose silo because of the rhyme though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I took it as you would "silo the grain", meaning store for later consumption. I'm pretty sure that's the only way "silo" is used as a verb.
    does a missile silo count as a verb? and ya i took it the same way.

i was thinking silo as in missile silo...... or like the ones on farms.......
    So did I, but "to silo" is apparently a verb too oO. And yes, it means "to isolate".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    So did I, but "to silo" is apparently a verb too oO. And yes, it means "to isolate".
    they should put people in grain silo's to isolate them theirs never any one in grain silo's.

Deleted
    Even if this is true, it's really irrelevant, as why people oppose him as little to do with how successful he is or why. The point is it's not hard to be successful when a lot of people respect and admire naked antagonism against anyone they don't like. It doesn't require any particular intelligence or skill to exploit that, especially if you stumble into it through coincidentally sharing those same dislikes. Tons of people like people who give them a reason to jerk themselves off over how much better they are than people they don't like. That's the bulk of Milo's success.
    Milo resonates because he shares oppinions that many people do not dare to voice, for voicing them risks them their jobs or threatens their safety.

You do not need to be brave to voice a man or white-hating bullshit feminist/liberal rhetoric, because it is part of the current mainstream zeitgeist. What actually doesn't require any particular intelligence or skill is to be an -ism spewing "forever-victim". You risk absolutely nothing by doing that.

State that you voted for Trump and you risk losing your job.
    Openly criticize Islam and you risk your safety.

Normal decent people, who do not want to see catastrophic migration policies like in europe, who want the laws of their country respected, who want their culture not trampeled upon, who want people to assimilate themselves if they wish to join their country and who do not see white men as the cause of all evils of this world, strongly resonate with Milo.

The silent majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You know that part you failed to quote? Editorial independency is a thing, The Times has it. You need to provide proof of their pro-Murdoch bias, not claim that the Sun is biased, so The Times must be.

Sometimes the Times and Sun take opposite stances, e.g. on Brexit the Sun was Leave, the Times Remain, so unless you have evidence Murdoch is a schizophrenic, then your argument makes no sense.
    Sorry, I'll admit it looks silly, but I usually edit down larger quotes just to save space I didn't mean to deliberately omit the part about editorial independency; although I understand from Leveson that Murdoch junior is utterly removed from the Suns editing also... Also its not impossible for either side of eg. the Brexit debate to be irrelevant for any particular actor; I'm sure wealthy "movers and shakers" that stood to be affected heavily oneway or the other had contingencies in place for either outcome. Anyway, I can't provide any such proof beyond my general misanthropy and dislike of the guy, so this is entering conspiracy territory and I'm quite happy to concede the point (on paper ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

What? Anyone can be bought for the right price! No way!

Milo is nothing more than a hatchet man getting paid. He doesn't have to be a white supremacist to write things that incite that market. You think every person in marketing or the media believes what they are selling you? You think the dudes who create McDonald's ads eat McDonald's? It isn't rocket science. Dude isn't even Alt-Right, he just writes to that demographic, in fact, I think there is a quote about him saying he doesn't care about truth or reality, he is selling a product to a specific group of people and getting paid pretty well. Of course the guy is a shit heel, but he's paid.

There is a Chappelle standup quote that works here "Do I like Coke or Pepsi better, well Pepsi is paying me right now, so Pepsi is better." Think of Milo like that, and you'll get it. I'm sure he'd jump ship and be the king of Liberal trolls if someone paid him more to do so. Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    It was bugging me earlier.

Can we use "Can't topple the Yiannopoul" because "silo" kinda makes me think of silage. What with that being the main use of the word.

Because you da MV-OP
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

they should put people in grain silo's to isolate them theirs never any one in grain silo's.
    I'll put it this way: if the thread had been about Trump it would have been titled: "Can't Dump the Trump".

I was primarily going for rhyme in the title as it is more catchy than the unwieldy title of the linked video, not that it might have fitted anyway without exceeding the word limit.

It's pretty dangerous to fall in one. Death by wheat suffocation doesn't sound appealing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It's pretty dangerous to fall in one. Death by wheat suffocation doesn't sound appealing.
    would you sink into the wheat or sit on top of it cause its packed..... theses are the questions that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Sorry, I'll admit it looks silly, but I usually edit down larger quotes just to save space I didn't mean to deliberately omit the part about editorial independency; although I understand from Leveson that Murdoch junior is utterly removed from the Suns editing also... Also its not impossible for either side of eg. the Brexit debate to be irrelevant for any particular actor; I'm sure wealthy "movers and shakers" that stood to be affected heavily oneway or the other had contingencies in place for either outcome. Anyway, I can't provide any such proof beyond my general misanthropy and dislike of the guy, so this is entering conspiracy territory and I'm quite happy to concede the point (on paper ).
    But his counter arguments to this guy's accusations of white supremacism, c'mon you have to find that funny.

That said, never seen any of his black boyfriends around. Either they are one-night stands or he keeps them well out of public eye.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)
    Regarding your signature. I am asking you how that works.
    How many of your muslim family even know that you are gay? And what was their reaction?

Do you believe Islam is tolerant towards gays? If so, I am eager to know more...

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll put it this way: if the thread had been about Trump it would have been titled: "Can't Dump the Trump".

I was primarily going for rhyme in the title as it is more catchy than the unwieldy title of the linked video, not that it might have fitted anyway without exceeding the word limit.
    i've never been a fan of making catch phases why not name the thread after the video some thing like (milo refutes claims hes a white suptrmise) i;m not gonna look up how to spell suprsemise right cause i don't care right now......

But his counter arguments to this guy's accusations of white supremacism, c'mon you have to find that funny.

That said, never seen any of his black boyfriends around. Either they are one-night stands or he keeps them well out of public eye.
    Errr I'm talking about Rupert Murdoch (although I only mention his son James) in that post not Milo; I'm not sure if we're on the same page...

Deleted
    As far as I can tell, the worst thing that will happen if you openly criticize Islam is that Ben Affleck will appear out of nowhere to shout at you and talk over you about how gross it is.

And who lost their job for supporting Trump? The closest thing I saw was like the GrubHub CEO reaffirming a corporate stance of tolerance and welcoming anyone who couldn't abide by that to resign.
    If I said one unkind thing about the realities of Islam, even simply stating that Islamic theocratic states have poor women's rights, I'd lose my job.